logo

Chevrolet Online Lottery
Winning notification
4. (1 hr 18 mins ago)
Matrix Cellular
A variety of plans to cater to all your needs
5. (1 hr 18 mins ago)
Gphelp247.com
$34.95 showed up on my credit card. I do not know this site.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Big O Tires

Posted:    Gio

Rip off

Big O Tires
I went in to Big O Tires in Tempe last Thursday July 15th to get an oil change before I went out of town to San Diego for the weekend with my kids. I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook with 59, 000 miles. I got the oil change annd everything seemed good. I got in my car and started driving down the road and noticed that my temp guage was rising a bit and looked like the vehicle was running a little warm. I continued down the road and it stayed like that, so I called Big O and they said to bring it back. When I got there, they had to let it cool and then diagnose the problem. I didn't have time to wait so I got picked up and waited for their call. They called and said I needed a new radiator($750.00) and since they had the thing torn apart, they said I should also replace the thermostat($750.00, $1, 500.00 total)!!! This did not seem right with lower milage and I'm a price shopper, so I called a few friends for a referral and they sent me to Paul's Car Care in Chandler off of Arizona Avenue between Ray and Warner. They told me the radiator cap was loose and could have not been put on tightly from the oil change or it was malfunctioning. Either way, it was $73.00 and I was out the door!!! Shame on those guys at Big O who had 2-3 flunkies working on my car and couldn't analyze the problem, except for replacing the whole DAMN cooling system!!! Obviously it would run fine after that!!! I usually find the oil change coupons and go to the cheapest place for an oil change, but never again with these clowns. I little rule to live by with mechanics is find a little mom and pop shop where the owner is the head mechanic and you should be ok.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Mortgage Modification Fraud is on the Rise