Bank Of America

Privacy Source Credit services

Bank of America
Katy, Texas
I was reviewing my a credit card bill and noticed a $99.99 bill for Bank of America Privacy Source. I called the 1800 number listed and was informed that I had an account for credit monitoring. This was the first I ever heard of the account. Apparently I had this account since December 3, 2002. When we reviewed the account information, we noticed that my name was spelled incorrectly. The operator informed me that she would immediately fix my name . I could go online and get a password and log on to see my report in the meantime. Day after, I logged on and tried to obtain my report. I received an error message that the name I entered was not in the system (did not exist). I again called the 1800 number and told the operator that I could not log on and again stated my issue with not knowing that I ever had an account. I never received any mailing, any phone calls or any emails. ANY - NONE- NADA!
She looked into the records and found that I have never been mailed any intro package, so no – I had never been informed that I had this service. She would send out this package now. I questioned the operator as to what service they can provide if I am not aware of the service? She responded that I would be notified of fraudulent activity and any abnormal activity. Two days later I again tried to log on, hoping that my name was now corrected. I again received the error message that I did not exist. I again called, and now was told that my name was still correct in the system. Now my question to the operator was if I was entered incorrectly in the system – how can they notify me for abnormal activity if my profile information does not match what is in the system for the 3 reporting agencies? Her response is that the results are based on social number. I have been notified several times over the last few years from Free Credit Report.com, experien and Equifax. Nothing from Bank of America. I asked for a full credit and asked that my service be cancelled. The answer was that there would be a $40 process fee from the 99.99$ charge but to get the rest of the refund, I would need to call coporate. I am still waiting.
I am very disappointed.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks
Was the above complaint useful?

Bank of America Logo Bank of America