logo

Hertz Italiana Spa Roma
Verbale fine on line
2. (12 mins ago)
Alexia Wilde MacLae, DVM
Animal abuse, fraud, unprofessional conduct
3. (13 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
4. (19 mins ago)
Reserve Bank of india
Foreign Exchange Transfer
5. (26 mins ago)
Shenzhen IMG Galaxy Technology Co Ltd
The rep shows fake pics and doesn’t send any orders

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Bank of America

Posted:    fifihow

Claims Department

Bank of America
The so-called "Claims Department" at Bank of America is a complete joke. After I filed a checkcard purchase dispute, they sent me a letter with a copy of the transaction from the credit card terminal stating that the charge was legitimate (which it was not). So, I did the investigative work on my own-wasting several hours on the phone and doing follow up. Their investigators did not make 1 phone call into the company to see about the charge-not 1. This was a complete pain and yet again, another example of Bank of America's lack of professionalism and customer service. After all that work, they still charged me overdraft fees and closed the claim without waiting for the proof of receipt/refund/admit of error from the company who charged my card in error. Don't even bother contacting these customer service people-they don't make note and or extend any customer service.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jun, 2011 by   staceybrewer45 0 Votes
Thats unusual because I never had a problem with the Bank of America claims department crediting back unauthorized charges or merchants that I had cancelled their services and they refunded my purchases or unauthorized charges back to to my bank debit card imediately. I have had my checking and savings account at Bank of America for three years and have had no problems whatsoever. I guess it all depends on which Bank of America employee your dealing with and for me I have had no problems with any of the employees. If you are unhappy then I suggest you just switch banks instead of staying with a bank that your not happy with. Their are thousands of other banks out there who are glad to have your business. +
 22nd of Nov, 2011 by   BornNewYorker 0 Votes
I had an unauthorized charge post to my account today. I found out about it from an email that Bank of America sent me regarding irregular activity on my debit card. It was great that they alerted me immediately (BUT...). The email advised me to contact the Fraud Department, which I did. I spoke with an employee that cancelled my card and issued a new one. She then transferred me to the claims department to get the funds posted back to my account...and that's when it all went downhill. I was disconnected from the Claims Department phone system after entering in all the information requested. I had to go back through the Fraud Dept. phone queue since I didn't have a direct number to the Claims Dept. The woman that answered put me back in the faulty Claims Dept. phone system, and yet again I was disconnected after entering in all of my information. I called the Fraud Dept back and told them not to out me back in the Claims phone system - that I wanted a LIVE PERSON . Once again, I was disconnected - this time after being on hold for 5 minutes. I called the Fraud Dept back AGAIN and was adamant that I wanted a LIVE PERSON and that if I was disconnected, I expected an immediate call back. Finally, I was put through to a live person. It has taken almost an hour to go through all of the systems, enter in the information requested (account number, SSN, etc.) and speak to explain my situation to a number of employees. Very frustrating. Even now I am unsure if my claim was resolved because the Claims Agent told me that I needed to listen to a 30 second recording after she confirmed the fraudulent transaction. She made it seem that I would need to take some kind of action after the recording - but instead, I was disconnected after the recording ended. I just hope that this gets resolved. If it doesn't, I will most certainly switch banks. This is not any kind of sufficient customer service.
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   Scammer_Guard -1 Votes
Contact Scammer Guard ASAP for a free consultation on your recovery solutions Our Number is 1-855-GUARD-10 . Check out our website at www.scammerguard.com

Clean Up Your Finances