logo

Scam

Avast
Victoria
Australia
I always had the free version of Avast Antivirus. I decided to upgrade to a discounted yearly subscription they advertised. The setup file I paid for will not work, nor will the free version. I called the number they gave for troubleshooting and they logged in remotely to my computer and started going through everything wrong with my computer (totally unrelated to Avast, as he kept pointing out). I asked, well how do I get Avast to work, and he said it's impossible on my computer since there are too many startup files, too many junk files, etc. Then he proceeded to sell me a subscription to a computer technician (totally unrelated to Avast, he pointed out again). I said I'm not going to buy anything and he hangs up on me. He quickly deletes the list of things I had to do to help my computer's health. TOTAL SCAM!!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Australia Complaint category Antivirus Software
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arrowhead Roofing
Their services are awful and not recommended
2. (7 mins ago)
Honolulu Towing Inc
Rude rep and they stole some stuff from me
3. (8 mins ago)
www.betterfx.co.uk
They haven’t provided any precise info about the exchange rate
4. (15 mins ago)