logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
govsimplified.com
They tell bullshit and never provided my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Nexwaysoftware.com
Appeared on my bank statement for no reason
3. (4 mins ago)
Francesca Borrelli
change of reservation not refund
4. (6 mins ago)
T.L.S Timeshares
SCAM
5. (6 mins ago)
Mayan Palace Timeshare
Mayan misrepresented elder people.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    kWelty

Complete Failure

AT&T
Raleigh, North Carolina
I was sold a bundled package by AT&T uVerse representative over the phone on May 5, 2010. I went with voice, internet and cable bundled. I tehn find out the day they install it that I can watch only a single HD stream to my house which means that I cannot watch HD on more than one of the three HD TVs in my house. I cannot record more than one HD program at a time, and if I want to watch an HD show, IU cannot record another HD show. This is obvious not a solution for a house with three HD TV's.

The representative tells me "we told you that in our disclaimer" to which I stated that this was not relayed to me. Then on Sunday morning all services go completely out. Someone is coming out from 12-4 to fix it. At 1230pm, I am told by the tech that there is no signal to the hosue and someone else now must come out.

No further news. At 400pm, I call and they state that the tech is still working on it. At 730pm, I finally push to have the rep contact the dispatch office. Dispatch tells me that the tech put notes in the case that said "this customer should not have been set up with AT&T uVerse."

So I am really pissed now. AT&T has come to my house and told me they dont want me as a customer and will not fix things to put them back the way they were when this all began. A tech comes out today to switch things back and does NOTHING but remove the cable that AT&T installed. He tells me I haev to have Time Warner come and fix things that they screwed up!

So here are the facts:
1. AT&T knowingly sold me servcie that they have no intention of providing
2. AT&T went out and refused to fix problems, saying instead "this customer should not have had uVerse set up."
3. At no time has AT&T mad any attempt to call and discuss the issues at hand.
4. I was disconnected a total of twelve times over the weekend as I was talking with customer service representatives.

If they charge me even $.01 I am going to take them to court and sue them. I am so pissed right now that they have decided to walk all over me and provide NO SERVICE at every turn.

I will be sure to tell everyone about how AT&T is going to swindle you and trick you into buying a substandard product.

I hope someone reads this and it prevents AT&T from taking advantage of others.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of May, 2010 by   Jkoe1978 0 Votes
"this customer should not have been set up with AT&T uVerse."

By that statement, I wonder if the tech meant that Uverse wasn't reliably available in your area. I completely agree with you about AT&T and their horrible service. I have experienced it as well.

11 useful tips for how to use The Secret