logo

StreetDeal.sg
Premium Membership SCAM
4. (12 mins ago)
Yupptv.com
Next month charges before current month membership expiration
5. (17 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AT&T Landline Service, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Billing Practices; Horrible Custoemr Service

AT&T Landline Service Contacts & Informations

AT&T Landline Service

Posted:    Howard Plomann

Fraudulent Billing Practices; Horrible Custoemr Service

InfoQuest International, LLC
Connecticut
www.iqsurvey.com
While there are few companies anywhere that can survive while indifferently shrugging its corporate shoulders at the needs or desires of its customers, AT&T continues to find ways to grow and prosper despite leaving tidal waves of disenchantment in its wake. They give the world an awful lot to not like.

Still, indifference is one thing, but it’s quite another to embrace a corporate tactic of foisting open disdain on customers. I’ve been on the receiving end of just such a tactic.

I’ve never had the misfortune or desperation to have to engage AT&T for wireless services, but I’m in an area where there are scant few options for landline service. For years AT&T was my local telephone company, providing service that was steady, if unremarkable. For a very long time, that was good enough for me.

All of that changed in March of 2009. That was when I was talked into expanding my relationship with AT&T. That was when I discovered that after 15 years of measuring customer satisfaction for a living, I still had no idea just how spectacularly arrogant and incompetent a company could be. That was when I became aware that AT&T may very well be the antichrist of customer service.

And worse for me, that was when I discovered that not only does AT&T not give a hill of beans what anyone thinks of them; not only do they seemingly have no sense of wrong and right; but the evidence seems to suggest that what they do is very profitable for them. They are trying to lighten my pockets by over $6, 000.00, and the basis of their claim to that money is a long, long tale of failed service, contractual breaches, open lies and, in my opinion, outright fraud.

Months ago it became evident that resolving what they have done will probably entail the services of lawyers, so I began to document my experiences with them. I have posted the tale at: http://www.iqsurvey.com/blog/?cat=6 . Fair warning; it’s a long story. But, it's also a story that has left many people shaking their head in disbelief.

Many, many people have had trouble with AT&T. I wonder how many have had this much trouble.
Comments United States Landline & Home Phone Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2011 by   Not impressed with the NEW AT&T 0 Votes
My issue has to do with being billed for a long distance call that was NOT made from my home. I was not home when the call initiated, however, at 81 minutes in length, I would have walked in on someone using my phone when I returned home. I suspect someone connected to the pedestal with a butt set and made the 81 minute call at my expense. AT&T not only refuses to remove the call from my bill, but on three different occasions has proceeded to transfer me, disconnect me and generally brush me off with no intention of helping me get to the bottom of the problem. Each attempt at trying to resolve the issue from asking to speak to a supervisor or the Fraud Department has taken an hour and a half of my time only to be placed on endless HOLD and eventually disconnected when they get tired of transferring me from person to person. Your description of "AT&T may very well be the antichrist of customer service" and "AT&T does not give a hill of beans what anyone thinks of them; not only do they seemingly have no sense of wrong and right; but the evidence seems to suggest that what they do is very profitable for them" is so well said, I had to copy and paste it. They have themselves so well insulated that it is virtually impossible to penetrate the Sales Dept. which is disguised as Customer Service in order to speak to anyone who will actually LISTEN to you and attempt to find a mutually agreeable solution. Their protocol seems to be "keep transferring until the customer gives up."
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   Barry Scheidler 0 Votes
Worst service ever. Nightmare to deal with this company.
 18th of Jun, 2012 by   dave_sho 0 Votes
at&t is doing this to everyone.i have to call them every month to have these charges taken off my bill, what can we do to stop this?

You Survived Tsa Now Welcome to Baggage Claim Hell