I had AT&T U-verse for about 2 months when I decided I would be transferring to a new apartment in my complex. When I called to transfer the service, they said that they do not "transfer" service, and that they would need to create a new account with all new equipment, and send back the old equipment. They said they would send shipping boxes and UPS labels for the old equipment in 14 business days after the old service was disconnected. That was March 31st.
The installation this second time around was absolutely horrible. The installer left wires hanging out of the phone jacks and never put plates over them, ripped up my carpet in my bedroom, and put a whole in my wall to run the phone wire from my bedroom to my living room, and said he would be back the next day to finish things up. He never came.
I called AT&T to report the damages to my walls and carpet, and to let them know that i had not received my shipping boxes for the old equipment. They said they would "note my account" and that I wouldn't need to worry about getting charged for the equipment since I called. 2 weeks later I called to let them know I had not received the boxes, nor had a technician been scheduled to come repair what the first installer had left. Of course, they did not have a record of the call I had placed before, but not to worry...they were definitely making a note of this and the shipping boxes were being re-shipped. And on and on this went.
So on July 24th, I finally received my shipping boxes and and UPS shipping labels. I returned my equipment and have my UPS receipt.
Today is September 7, 2008. I recived a bill from AT&T for $649.52 for non-returned equipment. I tracked the order, and AT&T received my equipment on August 4th. I had a sick feeling this was going to happen. Today is Sunday, and of course there is no one to speak with regarding this matter until Monday, which I will have to take care of at what, and I have a feeling this phone call I make is not going to be pretty.