Posted:

Uverse equipment returns

3.85
AT&T
Disconnected our U-verse account 0n May 26, AT&T required to send boxes for the return of receivers and gateway but these boxes were not received until late July. The equipment was sent via UPS with tracking number on July 26. Received a bill for missing euipment for a total of $648. Have talked to just about every department at AT&T and they have the record of equipment being received in Laredo however we still have outstanding bill. Don't know what it will take for this correction. Waiting on yet another call back from them telling me what the problem is (August 22).
Complaint comments Comments (338) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

13th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Can't remove services online... only add them

There's a "link" on their Web site that looks like you can remove services... but all you get is a message stating the page is unavailable at this time. I got the same message a year ago. What kind of company plants a false link on their web page? GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AGAIN
 6th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T - They really damaged my soul

After being told by a AT&T Rep. that I had all along Worldwide Calling on my ServicePlan, 5$ per Month +8.9 Cents per Minute(I did not take his Name & Badge No. {big Mistake}

I left for Germany for 3 Weeks,my Husband called me, and of course I made all my Hotel-Arrangements for Germany Hotels&Car Rentals on this Plan.

When I came home, the AT&T Bill came they charged me for 82 Minutes, $3.60 per Minute. Now I found out the AT&T Rep made a Mistake, I never had sign up for that Plan!!

In April,when I was asked about the Plan, I did not take it, because I had a MCI Calling Card" I was using, when I used all the Minutes up with MCI I, called right away and ordered the Plan, that s when I was told I had the Plan!

I feel, this is not my Mistake, I call Germany alot, for40 years, always looking for a lower Price per Minute.

Now I am spending Hours on the Phone, only to get rude Reps. who cant help.

I asked one AT&T Person, what would you do in my Place, when you really know in your Heart, you are honest, you remember what the Rep. told you, the Answer was I would just pay it!!!

I am not giving up I am calling, waiting it seemed for ever... until I got someone to talk to, who again would transfer me to someone else, and on and on it went, I spend 2 hours in the morning to try to solves this problem. In the evening I tried again. They are going to investigate it and someone will call me in the Morning. Nobody called!!!

Now it is 2 Weeks later I called again, they told me just pay a certain amount, excluding the amount
I am disputing. I called yesterday, now I am told I am liable for the whole amount around $450.00 I asked, if I could talk to the Person who decided this. The answer is no!

I asked her please to listen to the recorded Conversation I had with the Rep.from your Office, it is maybe recorded, what he told me, so far no Luck! But I have been told, they will put it in Collection & cut off my Service!

I have always lived my Life honest, but this has really damaged my soul.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T - They really damaged my soul

I called customer service at AT&T and have been sitting on the phone for over an hour and a half. The customer service people are absolutely rude and would put me on hold and pass me to the next person for me to explain everything all over again. I sit there for over 45 minutes to explain the situation and was then passed on to another person just so I am told that there are no notes in the system about my call.

I had moved to a new home and had transferred my service. I told them I do not need a phone so if there is anything I can do to get the internet service without the phone. I was then told it is cheaper to have the phone line and the internet. So I had the internet and phone transferred... come to find out 2 months later that they had already disconnected my internet service. The service is not provided in my location. Then I was transferred again waiting another 30 minutes before someone would get on the phone... to tell me that whoever it was that was on the phone had misinformed me but my area should have internet service. They have given such a run around. I just don't know where to go from here but to cancel my service and hope to God that no one will ever have to go through this nightmare!
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Poor service!

I ordered high-speed internet service from AT&T, was told I would get a rebate, filled out forms, called, and have not received this rebate. I am extremely unhappy with this provider, and as soon as I have time to change I will.
 4th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
This is so true! There is constantly recommendations to use the online service but it is just as poor as the telephone service! I would recommend using an alternative communications service, if available.
 4th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
At&t assumes that it's customers time is worthless! Even the simplest modification is very time consuming. The service techs are helpful, the human ones that is, but the entire network is confusing and the right does not know what the left is doing! I would recommend using an alternative communications company if available.
 14th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

dsl modem rebates
www.att.com

My complaint is just like all the other complaints -Avoid AT&T at all costs - they are b*****ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
 24th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Rebates not be sent!
405 Park Dr
Holcomb
Kansas
Phone: 620/277/0306

AT&T not sending rebate they advertised they would for internet equipment. I have sent all info requested. First call I made to them I was told check had been mailed in amount of $79.99 on Nov. 6 and I needed to allow 10-14 days to receive that itself did not make a lot of since but I waited. When I didn't receive anything I called back just to find out they had never mailed it and it was not go out till the next week.
 27th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T Wireless Services - AT&T charges for 1800 #'s
Clifton
Virginia

AT&T wireless services charges their customers calling 1800 "'s from their cell phone. I had to pay $400 monthly bill after AT&T taking over from Cingular. I used to use local carrier to call overseas through their 1800 #. 1800 is meant free for the customers calling. But whereas AT&T charges even for 1800 #'s. Consumer please be aware of this and save your $$$.
 28th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am considering a class action law suit against AT&T for false advertisement. I have been trying to get a $50 equipment rebate that was promised to me over 4 months ago and I am getting the run around. From reading complaints on this site, this is apparently common practice for AT&T.

Are you interested in joining the law suit?
 28th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Did you ever receive your check in the mail?? I have been getting excuse after excuse from the rewards department and I am highly suspicious that this is a tactic they use in hopes of people forgetting about their rebate.

I am considering a class action law suit against AT&T. Are you interested?
 28th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have also been getting the run around from AT&T about my $50 equipment rebate. I am highly suspicious that this is a tactic used by AT&T in hopes that most people will simply forget about the rebate. I will not forget!!!

I am considering a class action law suit against them for false advertisment and fraudulent marketing practices. Are you interested?
 23rd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

ATT - Total ScrewUP, from Order to Rebate!
Ohio

ATT--Inept or Non-Existent ability or willingness to Communicate between Departments; and with Customers.

Sept., 2007- I ordered a transfer of home & Internet services. During that call, the CS rep. told me about and sold me on ATT cellular service.
BASED ON ATT being able to meet CERTAIN & SPECIFIC CONDITIONS..., I accepted the offer:
*It would cost me $35.00 up front, but
*I would receive a $50.00 credit card for my use,
as I wish.
*I got the colour of my choice. I chose blue.
*It would be shipped in 2-3 business days.
***Most Importantly, the billing for the cell phone would be added to my monthly billing for my home phone and Internet, on autopay...

Subsequently, I called to delay the transfer date...
During that conversation, I verified that the cell phone order and that the phone would be sent.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?
*The transfer was delayed, BUT my home service was SHUT OFF;
***Unbeknownst to me, the cell phone order was terminated.
(I CALLED REPEATEDLY, over the following 3-4 WEEKS, to find out why I hadn't received my phone.
All CS resps assured me--Yes, you're getting your phone. It'll be there in 2-3 business days.)

Within a week, after the original order & delayed transfer---I called to have services transferred; verified that my cell phone was still ordered and on its way...I HAD NOT RECEIVED IT YET, in the 2-3 business days, as promised.
*I had no phone & Internet in the old apt., AND NO SERVICE in my new apartment. A week 1/2 later, ATT finally figured out what the problem was... The service connection was shut off at the street.
*The Internet service COULDN'T BE TURNED ON for another week or two.
*I was still without a cell phone.
OCT. 23, '07, I called ATT AGAIN!
I Found Out...The CELL PHONE ORDER WAS TERMINATED BACK IN SEPT. WHEN THE TRANSFER OF MY OTHER SERVICES WERE DELAYED.
** The CS person "never heard of" what ATT had previously offered me;
** THE COST WAS $50.00, up front, with a
$50.00 rebate...;
** There were no more blue phones;
AND
****THE NUMBER I WAS ASSIGNED, and gave to everyone, was NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
TO DATE:

I'VE BEEN CALLED A LIAR, (for all intents and purposes)--The CS I've talked with have declared, they NEVER HEARD OF A $50.00 rebate;
That if ATT had offered me anything, that offer
would be on the order. They said, that there's no
such record, therefore, I wasn't offered any such
thing.
(Isn't that pretty akin to calling me a liar?)

ATT DID NOT COMBINE THE BILLING, so I've believed the bill was being paid on auto bill pay..., It wasn't!
I DIDN'T FIND THAT OUT, until I was calling the CS rep back, who was supposed to CALL ME BACK, BUT DIDN'T...In Dec., when the account was set for shut off.
UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES, WOULD YOU COMMIT ANY ADDITIONAL $$ TO ATT, BEFORE YOU GOT ALL OTHER MATTERS STRAIGHTENED?

The service has been shut off.
They're still charnging me mo'ly.
When I called in yesterday to discuss the matter...
I was told that any problems which occurred
prior to my CURRENT account...esentially...
Did not exist, and would not be addressed.
I asked the rep, "So, what you're telling me, is that because you don't have a record of it, (you act like) it never happened?"
He was genuinely professional. I can't complain about that. BUT,
HOW INSANE IS IT THAT A BUSINESS TELLS ITS CUSTOMERS that THOUGH THE COMPANY CAUSED THE PROBLEMS,
THE PROBLEMS DON'T EXIST
UNLESS THEY SAY THEY EXIST!
and that they don't then have to fix them!
According to ATT, reality is whatever they want it to be, and the customer, you, me...We've got to pay the price, do without, take the losses!
From What I've Been Able to Gather:
#ATT has SERIOUS COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS, between each of its entities, Home, Internet, Cellular.
##Either the ability to communicate is in TOTAL CHAOS or it IT IS NON-EXISTENT!
skt
 20th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have also gotten excuse after excuse on my referral reward. Todays excuse is there is something wrong with their computer system, for all of Connecticut customers. They didnt know when it will be fixed, but they will call me when it is.....Should I believe this? I started the process in 8-07 and it is now 2-08. I thing legal action against AT&T is a great idea.
 16th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Scam and fraud!
Folsom
California
Phone: 916-357-5490

Somehow these people have wind of my phone number and are charging me $12.95 per month for a service I don't have and or have no knowledge of. Beware all!
 31st of Mar, 2008 by    +1 Votes

never received rebate
at&t

When we signed up for at&t internet services in august 2007 we were told we would receive a rebate. We filled out form and sent it in, I've called 5 times and have yet to receive it.
 15th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Motorola Modem - Motorola Modems
broadband
New York
New York
broadbandoffers.com

time warner cable offered a free modem w/ istallation of roadrunner.ITS A SCAM, NO PERSON IN TIME WARNER CABLE HAS ANY RECOLECTION OF THIS REBATE SO I HAVE BASICALLY WASTED 90 BUCKS! THANKS TIME WARNER
 29th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
ATT In store visit- to my surprise; no waiting! I stood patiently by the counter for 10 minutes before I was acknowledged, not only did the girls look up and down at my attire (which means THEY SAW ME) the black/blonde haired trio, continued to ignore arriving customers.

Two were on personal calls and the third was watching a movie; pissed and ignored, I figured I'd have a better chance w/ the one, not on the phone and man was she piiissssed I disturbed her movie, the witch took my info., didn’t look at me or say one word the whole time, not once while I was there did I hear "can I help you", "do you need any help" or the most common "hello" out of all 3 girls left to MAN the store.
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Dont want it
17503 hilliard rd.
Lakewood
Ohio

I do not want it now i changed my mind please dont charge me and nor do i want any info on it just changed my mind.
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
i thought this was a free service please cancel

AT&T Logo AT&T