logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (39 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
5. (58 mins ago)

Water in Tank

ARCO
Off Grantline Rd
Tracy, California
I went to arco on 6/3/09 to fill my 15 gallon tank with 14 gallons of gas. On 6/5/09, I had a bar over half a tank left and my car started sputtering. It died. I tried to restart it, nothing would work. My car is a brand new Nissan Rogue with no problems. I towed the vehicle to the Nissan dealership and they found that all that was left in my tank was something that appeared to be water. I must have filled my tank with half water from the bottom of the the pump. Angry, I called Arco and they said I must have been a victim of vandalism to my car... my garaged car in a gated facility? Yeah right!! At any rate, Nissan has water samples and I am hoping that USAA (my insurance) will help pursue this. My fuel pump is broken now, my injection cannot be tested yet since the adjuster has to look at it first. I am left without a car, missed work, and paid an arm and a leg for half a tank of water!

I am not really sure what to do since any repairs covered by insurance are not going to make up for the fact that my car will have issues for a while or need a new engine.

I have lost $500 so far and my car is not even fixed. Plus the rental I have to pay for is a PT Cruiser... not happy.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2011 by   luisiscool 0 Votes
It is water! Arco gas doesn't last long! I used to buy gas for my car at Arco and the gas would only last me for a week! Now at Chevron their gas is way better than Arco's gas is! And its only a couple of cents more.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   huntington beach matt 0 Votes
Hello,
I pulled into the Arco/ AmPM located at
6002 Bolsa Avenue Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714) 373-1949
yesterday 09/04/2012 with a 98% empty tank. After my 100% fill with regular arco gas (cost $100.00) my vehicle showed a lack of power and then would not accelerate past 1000 rmp. Took it to my trusted mechanic and we sampled the fuel. It had water in it and barley smelled like fuel!! Matt L. bftoys@aol.com

The Escrow Scam