Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

AOL Complaints & Reviews - Charged for "free trial"

AOL Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2014-04-22 by

Charged for "free trial"

AOL
AOL offered a free trial for their top end service. I used it, found it unexceptional, then attempted to cancel. At cancel attempt, they offered to repeat the free trial, so I took them up on it. Again, two days before I attempted to cancel, AOL offered yet another free extension. I accepted. Halfway into that period, they billed me for $55. I called and complained. They said I should have cancelled "by phone" regardless of the repeated free offers. They refused to cancel the charge and I expect a long fight to keep my credit clean because of their fraud.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Oct, 2006 by    0 Votes

AOL - Annoying pop- ups

I am receiving a pop-up when i turn on my computer asking me to verify my account info. This is very annoying. when i signed up with aol, i was told that aol would never ask me for billing info. i want this pop-up removed,i didn't authorize to put this pop - up in my computer. i want to know how to get rid of this pop - up. if you want updated billing info send me a letter with a aol letter head and contact info.
 6th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

AOL - Unauthorized monthly charges!

I just noticed on my credit card that AOL TWX Service 0707 800-827-6364 NY has been charging me $25.90 monthly for July, June, and May 2007. I don't know what this payment is supposed to represent, but I need to find out why I am being charged when I am no longer an AOL customer.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I also just tried to notify greendot pre-paid credit card that twx.Aol was trying to take money that I put on the card not them out in the amount of $77.88 for something I did not authorize. I seen these charges after it was declined twice. 4 days later after informing greendot the charges were not approved. Greendot still allowed this purchase 4 days later. This is my money that both company's did as they wanted Now what?
 10th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Delete all pop-ups. I am not interested in any of them.
Thanks.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

AOL - taking money from my account unlawfulywith bank charges as welandwe have not had there services for over 18months
13 the elms teynham
Teynham
England|Kent
United Kingdom
Phone: 01795 522014

we had aol internet provider some years ago.they started taking money out of our account when they should not have been as i stoped there service i then lived in dartford kent and had virgin services then just found out today that aol is still taking money from my account causing hard ship in charging for a service they dont supply and also major bank charges the bank is ok but not really helpful many thanks D.BAKER
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

AOL - twx*aol
Home
Scottsdale
Arizona
Phone: 4802959032

Please note that I have been charged 32.00 a month for over 1 1/2 yrs for aol serive I never knew I even had or ever used. I want this to stop immediatley and reimburse me as sson as possible. I am notifying the Police and consumer affairs dept. I had requesed this to stop numerous times. Please give this matter your prompt attention. Leonard Wuensch TWX*AOL $32.90 a month. My e-mail is lennaz26@yahoo.com
 31st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

AOL - Can't cancel contract
England|Hampshire
United Kingdom

I have cancelled my contract with AOL approx 6 months ago as we were moving home.
I have phone, emailed and written to them but they are still
drawing £9.99 per month on my credit card.
I have been given a cancellation no. but it made no difference. The bank say they cannot cancel the charges. Even if I cancel the card and take out another the charge will just be transferred. How the hell do we get rid of AOL!!
 22nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
what can we do to stop aol from doing this to all of us?
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
i am one of the persons that in fact have been illegally charged for no product by AOL
 26th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Over here in America we have many TV news stations that do Investigations on behalf of customers & consumers. Maybe over in England you can contact the media and get them a lot of BAD PUBLICITY. If you can't do that, them go on facebook and start a facebook page dedicated to people who are mad at AOL. Get creative, get even, good luck. With all the resources available on the internet these days, maybe you can enlist other people in your cause. Try writing to your local newspaper --letters to the editor and ask for suggestions from the readers of the newspaper & give them your email address in your letter. I for one, am like a dog with a bone & if someone does me wrong, I get in their face until they do the right thing.
I also do not suffer fools gladly. I wish you good luck & success.
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

AOL - Harassment
aol.com

I am seriously considering dropping AOL due to the offensive way they present the ads. It is difficult to read your emails, etc with things flashing before your eyes constantly. I don't pay to be harrassed by advertisers constantly. They have shortened the email pages so much, it is impossible to see pictures from friends etc - you have to keep scrolling down to see from head to chin.

AOL - piss poor attitude
AOL

AOL has the most piss poor service anywhere. Overnight they just decide to cancel my access and account without notification or reason.. Then when I try to contact their so called customer service it was like talking to a clown in a circus--they had more excuses they Reagan had jelly beans. I would not recommend AOL what any reason. I hope and pray they go belly up permanently

AOL - poor customer service

If you are fed up with the piss poor customer service of AOL go to the 'Federal trade Commission' website and file a formal complaint. Law Enforcement agencies and Better Business bureaus throughout the United States has access to this program as well as the Security and Exchange Commission and if enough complaints are filed, the parent company will either take notice and do changes or just dissolve this piss poor company
 7th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
You're not going to get anywhere with filing a complaint against AOL for any reason. You're wasting your time. There are a thousand ways to contact AOL - the easiest way is to chat live with an agent when you are online. AOL is a giant with endless resources. Get over yourself because you are nothing in their eyes and the FTC has more important things to do like chase down real problems, not someone who is upset with a customer service issue. If you don't know this already, learn it now.
 1st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
TWX (Time Warner) does this practice with magazines too, I just filed a complaint about that not long ago.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

AOL - They absolutely refuse to help with or admit to problems on their end
AOL

There is no help at "Live Help." It seems they either have a book with standard responses or have them in memory.

They absolutely refuse to help with or admit to problems on their end.

I just spent four days trying to resolve a specific problem with their Easy Designer area for web pages.

Do not use AOL. They may be the biggest -- but there is no customer service.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

AOL - Bad manners at AOL
AOL

My wallet was stolen I immediately canceled credit cards. AOL then abruptly canceled my account. Before I was sent a replacement, AOL sent me a notice canceling service.

Other companies have mailed notices informing me of the need to supply a new credit card account number, while at the same time they continue service.

Bad manners at AOL.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

AOL - I was put on hold, cut off, and given the run around
AOL

I gave notice in October to quit AOL for November 1. Three months were left on my yearly contract and I asked for a return.

I had to call numerous times. I was put on hold, cut off, and given the run around. Finally they gave back $29.90. This is a joke. They told me they had a cancellation fee and that's all I was due.

Someone should look into their business practices and they should be fined.
 15th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
WE HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO AOL FOR A GREAT MANY A YEARS. WE HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH SENDING AND RECEIVING E-MAILS NOW FOR NEARLY THREE WEEKS. I SPOKE WITH A GENTLEMAN NAMED JOHN, A SUPERVISOR HE SAID IN INDIA. HE TOLD ME HE WOULD CALL ME BACK IN 24 HOURS WITH A SIX DIGIT CODE. TODAY BEING SEPT 15, 2012 NOW BEING 930 pm NEW YORK TIME, IT HAS BEN A ROLLER COASTER RIDE WITH THESE LIARS. THEY SEND YOU TO ANOTHER FLOOR MANAGER BEN (A FLOOR SUPERVISOR) AND HE IN TURNS SAYS THAT JOHN WILL HELP YOU. IN FACT JOHN DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH YOU. THE USA OF A NEEDS TO BRING THESE JOBS HOME TO OUR PEOPLE HERE. THEY SIT AND WANT TO PLAY GAMES WITH YOU AND LAUGH. AFTER ALL, HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO GET A SIX DIGIT CODE TO CROSS REFERENCE COMPUTERS. NOW I WOULD NOT EVEN ALLOW OR TRUST THESE IDIOTS AFTER BEING LIED TOO SO MANY TIMES. AOL CUSTOMERS, WISE UP AND STOP USING AOL. THEY WILL ONLY SPEAK WITH YOU IF YOU TALK THEIR TALK, MONEY. THEY ARE LIARS AND THEY ARE CHEATS., AS I GOT TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF. THEY ARE LAZY NOT TO BE TRUSTED ANY LONGER. KISS OFF AOL!!!
 18th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
I would like to strongly disagree with you both, there is no company who'd I'd rather pay twice for Internet service than America Out Loud. For my double payment for one connection, there's nothing like the Trickle Down Jelly Bean experience of Ronald Reagan's economic administration either...sorry lost my train of thought for a second, I mean I have immense pride in working 25 years as Customer Service Regional Manager at AOL. Douglas, would you be willing to participate in a short survey regarding your experience with our services? You will be automatically entered to win half-price internet for one year after signing up for a two year double-price AOL contract. That's double the internet for a single price. If you have further questions please contact me, AOL is committed to knowing what time it is at your home currently and comple

Contact Us