Anytime Fitness

Very Poor customer service

Anytime Fitness
I have spoken with 4 people now at this company trying to cancel my membership and they continue to take money out of my account, with out my consent! They told me that they need a 30 day written cancelation notice but no matter what I will be charged at least one more month. This was not written in the contract and why did the first person I spoke with not tell me this. So now because they are shady I am loosing $140 that I need to pay other bills. The first person I spoke with told me that the account would be cancled and that my money would be refunded. Then what do you know they take more money from me and are going to take at least another month out. Anytime fitness needs to be stopped and so does ABC finanical. This is not fair, they are ripping people off and getting away with it. They are stealing money and being very shady about all this.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful?

7th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Come on man, take some responsibility and quit complaining. Do you have a copy of your original signed member agreement? If not ask for it from the club... It's only 1 page and has 1 paragraph "MEMBERS RIGHT TO CANCEL"... Your arm wasn't twisted to join! Simple. Take Care.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I agree with "Complaint should be removed." above..
What does Beerman think that "a 30 day written cancellation notice " that is printed on the agreement means anyways?...Obviously he thinks that it means that the dues and membership stops immediately and in no way implies 30 days from when he gives the notice... I guess when I give my 2 week notice at my job it means I am walking out the door and not coming back, RIGHT NOW?... or is that only with a 30 day notice?..
 30th of Sep, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I'm agree with you the company is not good .I tried to cancell my self and allways they have an excuse.I'm going to see a lawyer tomorrow and see if he can do some thing.I can name many negative things.
 31st of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I don't get the complaint(s)?

It's very simple... use the facilities and be healthy...
Fulfill your member agreement...
Cancel in accordance to your member agreement.

It's not brain science.