logo

safety pool cover scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Signature Furniture, Sarasota, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Overpriced and bad quality furniture!

American Signature Furniture Contacts & Informations

American Signature Furniture

Posted:    Valerie

Overpriced and bad quality furniture!

American Signature Furniture
5455 University Parkway
Sarasota, Florida
Phone: 941-552-0830
www.ashome.com
I was so happy to walk into this store and find the exact style of couch that I was searching for with just one visit. We measured, we checked it out and it was just want I wanted. The furniture was delivered exactly when it was promised and then the problems began. The couch is a sectional and the clip will not old so that each time someone sits down the couch breaks apart, the leather nap has been scratched in several places so the fabric shows, the underlining is falling down, the wood legs had chips and the couch had several dirty marks on it (it is white).

I called & was told someone would call for an appointment to come out to take care of the repairs right away. I called for a week and couldn't get anyone to come out to look at the repairs.

I reported it to corporate and immediately (3 days later!) a man called to make an appointment. A dirty farmer type person showed up at my door and put his dirty fingerprints all over the couch and told me that he was so busy fixing all of their furniture he didn't know when he would be back. He told me the whole couch needed to be reupholstered, new legs were ordered and a new clip for the sectional. This was a month ago. No one has contacted me and they are now not returning my calls. If I had wanted a reupholstered couch I would have had my old one done. I have since learned through the internet that I possibly could have bought this same junk furniture at Big Lots and saved myself $500 or more. Great.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Dec, 2007 by   cindy stamp 0 Votes
Your comments on american signature furniture has me concerned because i had picked out 4 pieces for my living room only they are wood. Total cost is about 1200.00 and this is alot of money for me so i was counting on them lasting with good care i give all my home decor, now i'm not sure if i should trust this company.
 20th of Dec, 2007 by   Jack Lee 0 Votes
American Signature Furniture,
Maybe you will be surprised when you received the text canse it's from your China supplier,but we don't know each other until now,you imported 6800 stools through NINGBO DELUXE TREASURE TRADING LTD. China in Octorber,2007.The color of the stools is white,red,black,brown.And each color includes two types of low stool,high stool.The meaning that I write to you just want to tell you ,if possible,you can contact me directly.For to do like this,you can imported our products cheaper than through DELUXE TREASURE TRADING LTD.Because the trading ltd needs to get 10% of your payment(fixed royalty),for example,each low stool costs $20.00,and they will give you the price $22.00 for each.In a sense,you import products from us directly,you will save you a lot of money.
At first you can know our company who is named China Art Furniture Co.,Ltd&China Art International Trading Co.,Ltd.The information of our company as follows:
Ningbo Art Furniture Co., Ltd is one of the biggest manufacturers of chinese antique restored furniture,various styles of reproduction furniture and accessories for home decoration .so far,we have around 1200 workers working for us .Our warehouses,showrooms and workshops cover more than 65,000 square meters. Our capacity is around 90 40-foot containers per month.
Website:www.china-art-furniture.com
Look forward to hearing from you quickly.(pls send mail to my yahoo ID)
Sincerely
Jack Lee
China Art Furniture Co.,Ltd
Mail:lijungui1129@yahoo.com.cn
Mobile Phone:+86 15968488001
Msn:lijungui1129@hotmail.com
 26th of Dec, 2007 by   DARLENE HILL +1 Votes
I HAVE FURNITURE FROM HAVERTY AND AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE. THE FURNITURE FROM AMERICAN IS TRASH. WE PURCHASED OUR FURNITURE IN JAN 07 THEY HAVE EXCHANGED TWICE AND WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE OCT 11 FOR THEM TO REPLACE THE BOTTOM OF THE SOFA WHICH IS WOOD. THEY WILL NOT EXCHANGE ONLY REPLACE AND I CALLED TODAY ONLY TOLD TO EMAIL COMPLAINTS AND THE PARTS ARE NOT IN. WELL I RESEARCHED UNTIL I WAS ABLE TO GET A PHONE NUMBER 800-743-4577 THE STORE WILL NOT GIVE OUT THIS NUMBER. BOTH LEATHER SOFAS HAVE CRACKS AT THE BOTTOM. IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON PURCHASING FURNITURE EVERY YEAR STAY AWAY FROM AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITRUE.
 5th of Jan, 2008 by   Alex Steven 0 Votes
To

Kind Attention – Mr.

Subject – Job Application for Watch Technician cum Salesman

Dear Sir

With reference to the above mentioned subject, I hereby submitted myself as one of the promising candidates for the above mentioned job.

As per my job experience is concerned I have worked in all world’s leading brand watch companies mostly Swiss based and as well this profession is been passed on to me by my father.

As per my working ambience is concerned I work efficiently under any kind of supervision and as well independently.

It would be my dream comes true America to work in your esteem establishment which in return will really boost my career graph.

Waiting to hear from you. 00919886097007

Thanking you
Yours truly,

Alex Steven
 4th of Mar, 2008 by   ANTOINETTE SCHNEIDER 0 Votes
I PURSHASED A SOFA AND A CHAIR IN MAY 2003. IT WAS DELIVERED IN JULY 2003. I NOTICED ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO THAT THE CORDING IS RIPPED AWAY FROM THE CUSHION I TURNED IT OVER AND NOW NOTICED TODAY THAT THE COVER IS TEARING AWAY FROM THE CORDING.I PURCHASED INSURANCE WHEN I PURCHASED THE FURNITURE. I CALLED TODAY 3-4-08 AND WAS INFORMED THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO FOR ME SINCE IT WASN,T REPORTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS. I PAIDED AN EXTRA $100.00 FOR THE INSURANCE. THE WARRANTY DOES NOT GIVE A TIME FRAME.IT SAYS THE COVERAGE IS SEVEN YEARS ON FABRIC AGAINST TEARS, RIPS AND BURNS. I FEEL LIKE I WAS TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AS FAR AS THE INSURANCE GOES.I AM A WIDOW AND DO NOT HAVE SMALL CHILDREN.I WOULD APPRICIATE YOUR ATTENTION IN THIS MATTER.I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Robert 0 Votes
I work for Value City Furniture, which is a division of American Signature. The quality of furniture that is sold at our stores is easily compared to any other large furniture company incl. Ashley. We offer a limited lifetime warranty on all American Sig. products at no additional cost. How many other furniture companies do that at this price point. There are some furniture that we carry that is bought from vendors all over the place, this is the exact same furniture that everyone else carries. Matter of fact one of the most popular lines that are sold at furniture stores throughout the midwest is made by a company affiliated with value city.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Elisha Tucker 0 Votes
3/19/08 Called to confirm that I would be up to pick up ordered furniture that was scheduled to be in. After reserving a truck and taking the day off work I was told only 1/2 of the bedroom set was in. I asked the manager I he would have the remaining half delivered as complimentary and to my inconvience of taking off a 2nd day of work. Mr Al Hawkin or the Fairview heights, IL store told me "Oh no I can't do that, we have several customers awaiting the same set". Frankly, nobody should be done this way and you just have to take it. When I asked about a refund he told me it would be 7-10 day wait. Well they didn't have to wait for my cast that was given...This should be handled by someone more professional, instead a stick in the mud... Sincerely... Linda Willis 618-977-3742.
 20th of Mar, 2008 by   DBntley 0 Votes
I just bought some furniture, and I don't expect a bad experience, but if you're going to kvetch, try spellcheck and turn off the caps, it makes you seen untrustworthy, like a disgruntled former employee.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   Michelle Jeffers 0 Votes
So far I've had 4 problems with American Signature.
My nightstand arrived with a scratch. The repairman
they sent used wax and a hot gun to repair it.
The Lake Cottage bed I received had slats (broken by the
installers). I found this out when I was moving once
I took the mattress off. They had used screws and cracked
one slat (you could see they had made another attempt
to put the screw through in another spot). On one slat
there was a screw on one side and another had none at all.
I tried to get replacement slats 3x to no avail.
Next we got Camp Granada twin beds in 8/07. I'm in the
hall and hear a pop and it's the wood side rail of one of the
beds. I talked to management and was told I'd have to bring the bed in myself (I'm in a second floor apartment and they delivered
it at $119 for 3 pieces). Then was told my son probably broke
it. I went in the store and finally they sent someone out to
replace it.
Now I've got a couch that was delivered in 8/07. It's already
caving in on one side of the seat and the back cushions need king size pillows stuffed in them because the cheap polyfill is
condensing so the cases look half full.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   Michelle Jeffers 0 Votes
P S If you pick up any furniture to save the delivery fee
then the furniture is not warrantied the same and they
require you to bring it back in yourself! This I was told
yesterday.
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   KERRI LILLY 0 Votes
Ordered the Rose Garden corner chest and lengerie chest last week, we opted top/u and so far been there three times to exchange. They did not cover completely with paint. The lengerie chest had a big chip in the bottom of it. The second time we concentrated so much on the front we hardly looked at the back, when we got home there was a hole in the back panel and a 8" piece of wood in one of the drawers that had come off the bottom side. Amazing they can sell something like this. Today we went to p/u the third one and did not even finish taking it out of the box as we could already see it had issues as well. They have finally told me that they will wave the delivery and bring another one to us. Now after reading all of this I think I may just tell them to give me a refund.
 29th of Mar, 2008 by   Karen Federici 0 Votes
My son and I found this lovely furniture store with beautiful furniture and what seemed like extremely good prices. When he bought the bedroom set, he was told the dresser was on back order and that he would have to pre- pay for it it even though it was not due to be delivered until May (it was March when we were ordering it) He told them that he would not take the bed and mattress until everything had arrived. He said he was willing to leave a deposit on the dresser but not charge his credit card for merchandise that he wasn't receiving for months. They told him that this was their policy. He cancelled his order. The manager heard this and went to see if he could find the dresser at another store. After waiting for close to an hour, he came back and said he found the dresser, but the bed was no longer available because the order was cancelled and went to the next person, he could get a different bed.
These people bait and switch, I'm sure that that the really nice dresser we saw would not have arrived and the fact that they would expect you to pay for it in advance is crazy.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   GJ 0 Votes
I would never buy anything from that store again I have half a bed room set with one broken piece I put it on my credit card and have since put a dispute on the charge I have received full credit for the furniture and have never heard back from them
 11th of Apr, 2008 by   none provided 0 Votes
BOUGHT FURNITURE AT THE SUNRISE STORE IN FLORIDA

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... MANAGERS NEVER AVAILABLE, AWAYS OUR FOR LUNCH OR GONE FOR THE DAY

I'M IN TOUCH WITH BBB AND ABOUT TO SUE THE STORE

DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!

THEY DONT FULLFIL PROMISES OF DELIVERY! 2 MONTHS TO DELIVER THE LAST PIECE OF MY PURCHASE!! 6 DELIVERIES SCHEDULE! FURNITURES IN STOCK AL OF A SUDDEN ARE NOT IN STOCK THEREFORE ANOTHER DELIVERY DATE IS SCHEDULE!

NO NO NO... DONT EVER BUY FROM THEM!! AND TELL ALL UR FRIENDS!!!

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!
 20th of Apr, 2008 by   Kim 0 Votes
My husband and I are building a new house and we wanted to buy new furniture for the living room. We bought a new living room set for for 4, 000. However, we could not finance it because it may cause a problem when it came to closing on the house. (you can not have any new finance changes when closing on a house because it makes the process a lot longer). The sales rep said, " don't worry just put a deposit down on it and when you close on the house we can start the finance process". luckily, a month later I had brought my parents into the store to show them what we had bought. At this time we were talking to the sales rep (different then the one who had sold us the furniture) had informed us that the furniture was discontinued and when the pieces off the floor sell you will not be able to purchase the set. We then had told them what we had bought a set and you are holding it for us. The sales rep had said it does not work like that. Since it has been discontinued it is on clearance so when it is sold it is sold. Long story short if we had not walked in to show my parents the furniture that we were going to buy. We would have never know the the furniture was discontinued and when we would have went to pick up the furniture in May we have been SOL. Most likely the furniture would have been gone. The sales rep lied to us telling us that they would hold the furniture for us. In addition, he should of called us to tell us it was discontinued and if we really wanted the furniture we need to pay for it in full now.
 5th of May, 2008 by   kilburn 0 Votes
People buy china made junk, then act surprised when it falls apart
 8th of May, 2008 by   Sarah Ludwick 0 Votes
I looked up the A-SIGNATURE FURNITURE COMPANY website when my boyfriend and I saw their add on television. I was amazed by the prices and excited to show him the sectionals and bedroom sets that I thoght were beautiful for phenominal prices! While searching for the site again to show him, I scrolled down and saw a complaint site, and I am glad I did. Thank you all for the very important heads up---you all probably saved us thousands of dollars, living room set--bedroom set---and childens room.
 9th of May, 2008 by   Katrina 0 Votes
I bought a sofa and love seat from American Signature in November of 2007, since then the sofa cushions had become flat! I called A.S. in April about this issue and it is now May and they just came out to "replace" them. They showed up at my house with foam. They pulled the old foam out and put new foam in the cushions. When I purchased the sofa there was a tag on the cushions that stated never to open the cushions and replace foam even though there was a zipper because they would be ruined (This is what they did anyway). My cushions are now all different sizes and look horriable. They will not replace them again, but did offer to come out and RESTUFF them! I will never shop there again.
 10th of May, 2008 by   John Q 0 Votes
I had a very positive experience with American Signature in Brandon and would recommend their furniture highly. We bought a mattress and canopy bed. We've looked in many stores and haven't seen another bed as sturdy or as elegant as the bed I'm lying in right now. The service was excellent, and delivery was faster than we expected. Having just moved, we hadn't heard of this store, but will certainly be back.
 16th of May, 2008 by   F J DISEL 0 Votes
WE ARE DOWNSIZING AND BOUGHT A CONDO; I WENT TO VALUE CITY IN PITTSBURGH PA AND WAS AMAZED AT THE NICE FURNITURE AND PRICES. I HAD MY HEART SET ON SOME OF THE PIECES I WANT TO BUY; AFTER READING COMMENTS ABOUT AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE, I HAVE TO GO TO BED TONITE DISAPPOINTED. I HAVE LOOKED THRU 5 FURNITURE STORES LOCALLY AND NONE HAD THE EXACT LIVING ROOM AND CHINA THAT I WANTED UNTIL I WENT TO VALUE CITY. ARE THESE COMPLAINTS LEGITIMATE? I WAS BUYING THE SOFA AND RECLINER WITH MICRO MATERIAL BUT I AM SURE IT WILL NOT LAST LONGER THAN 100 SITTINGS...PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THIS FURNITURE?

Cash Machine Scam