logo

RaggleRock Cattery
No fertility guarantee
2. (2 mins ago)
Walmart
Greeter not doing her job.
3. (3 mins ago)
employees/missing child

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Greetings (MSN Ecards) Complaints & Reviews - they bill for "free trial", won't refund

American Greetings (MSN Ecards) Contacts & Informations

American Greetings (MSN Ecards)

Posted:    arby2u

they bill for "free trial", won't refund

Microsoft
I took advantage of a 30-day free trial offerred by MSN/American Greetings on October 31. Three days later, I cancelled. Their policy states, "Trial Periods: In order to allow our customers an opportunity to sample our Products and Services, occasionally we offer trial periods during which customers register for a Subscription and enjoy all of the Subscription benefits. If you sign up for a trial period and cancel during the trial period the payment information provided will not be billed. " Well they did bill me and are now refusing to refund. Just try to reach a live person at Microsft to address this joint promotion with. American Greetings? I believe the mafia has gotten out of garbage, gambling and prostitution. They've taken over American Greetings.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Apr, 2011 by   frustratedconsumer2011 0 Votes
Just sat on the phone for an over an hour (there is no online cancellation and their "voice activation system" just intentionally doesn't register your spelling of your name acurately). Finally someone answered and they say they have cancelled my subscription. I'll be checking my credit card carefully! Never again. What a scam! Beware consumers, don't sign up with this company!!!
 23rd of Feb, 2013 by   Kathleen J. Rakers 0 Votes
ON Feb. 21 I was doing my on line banking. And discovered AMGRTNGS MSN ECARD Withdrew 29.99 from my checking account without knowledge, consent or authorization. I yrs. ago joined a 1 year membership that has since expired. I did not request membership renew. Guess they made this decision for me. Just sent a text message and waiting for a response and If they do not meet my satisfaction, BBB will be hearing from me.
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   deewaes 0 Votes
Exact same thing happened to me as happened to ( arby2u ). I am in process of trying not to pay my credit card for that specific charge. Amgrtngs say they have a 30-day free trial. They are refusing to take the charge off my credit card. This company is not to be trusted in what they have printed on their website.
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   Jimmy Dick 0 Votes
I agree with the other comments that have been made by the above cheated folks, I also have just went through the same experience as all of these folks have and of course this wonderful company has not a real person you can talk to. I was charged to my credit card a renewal fee of $15.99 for a period of 1yr. My wife had tried this FREE program, didn't like it and cancelled it several years ago, ( it was at least 6yrs as she has been deceased that long) I have never had any type of charge come through from them since, My advice to others is that you DONT want to give access to your credit cards or bank accounts to company's other than trusted and proved ones. Good Luck Jim B

Positive & Negative Sides of Customer Service