logo

SERVICE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Express Credit Card, Calgary, Alberta Complaints & Reviews - Reduced my credit line; Suspend the card

American Express Credit Card Contacts & Informations

American Express Credit Card

Posted:    Annie X N

Reduced my credit line; Suspend the card

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
I used American Express Credit card for over 5 years, it is un-limited credit card. I always made full payment until last year my econimal situation became worse. However I still made payment to meet the minimum payment request every month. But American Express suddenly reduced my limit to $3000 and stopped my using cash advance, which resulted me big inconvenience.

This month, I have a statement, due day is Dec.10, 2010. I got the statement late and made payment exactly on Dec.10. Since this card is linked with my ESSO speedpass, I found I couldn't fill the gas with speedpass. then I realized this card was suspended. I also use this card for cell phone automatically payment etc. The suspending my card has brought me trouble, I have to call and change credit card. My question is even they didn't receive the payment on time, they can charge me interest, why should they suspend my card? (My balance is only $1400, the limit is $3000.)

I have made full payment and decided cancelling this card.
Comments Canada Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Sep, 2014 by   sunil kumar agarwal 0 Votes
dear sir,
i am holding American express platinum reserve card since 2009. my credit card number is 3769 339945 22009.on Monday 22 September 2014 i requested to block my card due to some fraud transitions, the same was done.i requested your credit card team to issue me a emergency credit card as i have to fly to Oman on Wednesday. .They told me that the card will be ready and you have to send your person personally to collect the card with the following documents
a) passport original, as well as photocopy duly signed
b) letter of authority duly signed
c) original id of the person collecting the card, as well as the photocopy duly signed
d) pan card photo copy duly signed
I HAD SEND my person with all the requested documents to your office at cyber city at 16.00 hrs . this to my utter surprise that my person vinay kumar was standing at your doorstep. he informed me that you have to gave a telephonic conformation and than they will hand over the card to them. i called American express credit card team form times. every time they keep me hold more than 10 mins and every time they informed me that credit manager is busy and he will call you after five mins . that five mins never turned up. lastly i called them at 5;30 pm, and asked what happened.
your team informed me that your executive is not holding all the document and now our office timing are over we could not able to help you. after hearing this words from your team my temperature got shoot up . i told them who was that person who has given this report, he has not replied to any of my question. there was lot of things i asked but failed to reply .
my complaint is very serious and i want to know the action taken regarding this.
thanks
sunil kumar agarwal

Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt?

Latest Groups