logo

Gentleninja scammed me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Affiliated Workers Association, All cities all states Complaints & Reviews - Insurance Fraud

Affiliated Workers Association Contacts & Informations

Affiliated Workers Association

Posted: 2011-04-05 by    US Health Group

Insurance Fraud

Affiliated Workers Association
Insurance Fraud
A person ironically called me from US Health Groups ironically after I caught another fly by night company NABL that was bought by USCT that ripped me off for money each month - $350. 00 and have not been paying their claims. So today, the same day I cancel that and close a credit card...

So today, the same day I cancel that and close a credit card. someone from US Health Groups calls me to sell their story. Once you dig down, there are complaints under AWA Association and that they are using Homeland Health Insurance with a zillion complaints under
Not who they say they are.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2012 by   Linda Granata 0 Votes
June 5, 2012, stupidly I did not do my homework and have fallen prey to this same scam. Sold me a health care plan "high risk coverage" with AWA (which combines 3 companies Blue Cross-Blue Shield, United and AWA.) I do not need high risk coverage, they lied about my doctor being in network for a $30.00 co-pay, lied about emailing confirmation within 15 minutes...but they told the truth about $209.00 + $99.00 process fee ($308.00 was debited from my account immediately)... the $99.00 was not refundable...
 3rd of Jul, 2012 by   Bill Hewitt 0 Votes
I am a licenced insurance agent. I was formerly appointed to sell for the AWA. There is nothing wrong with the product. Problems occur when "agents" misrepresent the coverage. It is designed for people who are otherwise uninsurable. If you will call Homeland Health Care, they tend to be good about giving you straight information and will refund your premium. There is a problem that the application fee is usually not refundable, but I have known of many instances where the fee was indeed refunded if there was misrepresentation, especially if you had one of their plans underwritten by Markel insurance company. Unfortunately, I am not aware of enrollment fees being returned for any reason if the plan was underwritten by Freedom Life or other companies.
If there was misrepresentation, I urge you to file a complaint with the department of insurance for your state.
IMPORTANT! When cancelling coverage sold to you by a telemarketer, do NOT call the number of the telemarketing company. Call the number on your insurance card or the documentation sent to you directly from the insurance company. It is very common, no matter which company, for the telemarketers to tell you that your membership has been cancelled, then the TM does not notify the insurance company because they want to stall until the "free look" period has expired so that the telemarketer receives his commission.

Tax Tips: Phishing-Malware - February 2010