Bad service

I have been an Adorama customer for many years - live and work nearby so have used the store. Since they expanded, I find the store experience frustrating - long waits. BUT I have discovered the gold mine of Adorama - Ray Garcia! I phoned to ask about the Canon EOS 5d, within an hour he had messengered it to me. Needless to say, the camera is great and I look forward to more great service.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Jan, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am sorry that the expansion of the Adorama store is causing you problems - but delighted to read that in Ray Garcia, you have found one of Adorama Camera's top people.
I have to agree with you - I always find Ray to be reliable, responsive and knowledgable - you couldn't really ask for more.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback which I have passed to Ray's manager - who is absolutely delighted.

I do hope we can continue to offer you great service - but do let us know if there is anything we at Adorama Camera or at AdoramaPix could do to make your shopping experience even better!

25th of Jan, 2009 by    -1 Votes
everyone shut up. Who really gives a rats ass about your fucking experience.
 27th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I picked up 27 pictures from Adorama today and again -awful quality.This had happened to me before, and not only to me.Highly ignorant and inexperienced personel at Adoramapix.Any pharmacy can do a better job.
We get fooled by low prices and we get what we pay for.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I ordered a Large Hard Case through Buy.com from Adorama. They sent me a case 1/3 the size and the wrong color to boot.

Buy.com sends me to Adorama customer service and Adorama Customers service says they sent what I ordered, even though I provided them all the documents showing exactly what I ordered and it was NOT what they sent me. Adorama Customer Service give me the brush off and says I have to resolve their communications problems with their sales partners myself, its NOT their responsibility. I can return the Case, but I have to pay shipping and since the Case was sent with Free Shipping, they will deduct the cost of shipping it to me from my refund, Oh and I have to wait 8 days after the return arrives at their location before I get my refund, however much that has shrunk from what I paid. I've asked how much exactly will deducted from my refund for the shipping, they still haven't reply with an answer.

So I'm probably out $30, maybe more they haven't told me yet, for their or their sales partner mistake, and I have nothing to show for it? I'd highly recommend avoiding Adorama.com. Sure, there are lots of positive reviews for when they get the order right, but if they get your order wrong, they'll insist the customer pay for their mistake and the hassle and expense will NOT be worth it.
 19th of Dec, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I absolutely hate adorama.com. They constantly advertise stuff they don't have and sell stuff online they don't have in stock. They advertise low prices and then backorder and never deliver while they sell the exact same thing for higher prices on Buy.com and ebay and DO have it in stock. The only good thing is that I can take their advertised prices elsewhere and actually get a competitive price, the truth and quality product. I have also heard that these people ship seconds, display items, returns and refurbished merchandise as being new. Just because a company has a really nice web stie that does not mean they are standup people. In this case I have gotten nothing but lies, bad service and questionable conduct when it comes to my money and transactions.
 28th of Nov, 2012 by    +1 Votes

I was so very sorry to read that your experience has been that we only advertise items that we do not have in stock, and welcome the opportunity to explain: I agree with you 100% that it would be great if we could show immediate stock updates and apologize for any frustration or disappointment that this has caused. Because we sell via so many affiliates such as BizRate, buy.com, and Amazon - as well as making sales via our own website, on the 'phones and in-store - it is complicated.

Unfortunately when an item is unexpectedly popular, the orders we receive can outpace our website's inventory update system. If we are already low on inventory and then receive several orders within just a few minutes via the various portals, it isn't immediately obvious to our stock-keeping system which customer is going to be disappointed.

I would also like to reassure you that contrary to what you may have been told, we send customer returns back to the manufacturer for repair or refurbishment, or sell them as o/b. used or demo. Open box and refurbished items sold by Adorama will be displayed on our website and sold in our store with that information displayed clearly.

We are very much committed to provide the best possible level of service to our customers and are constantly striving to harness new technology to enable us to do so.

Once again my deepest apologies for your frustration and disappointment. Please don’t ever hesitate to email me directly: Helen@adorama.com, if there is ever anything I can assist you with in the future.

28th of Nov, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Dear Rick

I was extremely concerned to read your posting, and firstly would like to offer a sincere apology for the frustration and disappointment that you must have been feeling.

I am unable to identify your order from the information you have given, so would be grateful if you could spare the time to email me directly: Helen@adorama.com with your order number, and some more details.

All new items that we sell come with a full 30-day returns period - so if we sent you an incorrect item then we would for sure want to put this right as quickly as possible. And there would be no question of us deducting a shipping charge if it was our error – and truthfully, I can’t understand why one of our Cs reps would advise you otherwise.

We are deeply committed to provide the best possible level of service to our customers and are constantly striving to improve in every area of our business by responding individually to customers such as you.

Once again my apologies for your frustration and disappointment; I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing how I may be able to help resolve this for you.

8th of Jun, 2014 by    -1 Votes
Adorama is a large on line retailer that place all it's emphasis on marketing and sales and very little on customer support and absolutely nothing on technical support. If you are looking for a company that services what it sells, avoid Adorama. You will only experience extended waits on the phone to finally reach ( perhaps) someone speaking in broken English who knows nothing about the status and is either unwilling or unable to forward you to someone who can.
I've only made one purchase from Adorama, and it will be my last.
 8th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I was deeply concerned to read that this was your experience, Ivan, and can, at this point, only offer a sincere apology for the frustration and disappointment caused.

It sounds from your feedback that you contacted the call center; the staff there are not equipped to respond to technical queries - for those you need to speak with a sales representative:
Toll Free: 800-223-2500 Local: 212-741-0052
E-mail: sales@adorama.com
Hours: Sun: 9:30-5:00, Mon-Thur: 9:00-7:30, Fri: 9:00-4:00

or someone in the Pro Services Department:
Toll Free: 888-582-3900
Local: 212-645-5754
E-mail: proservice@adorama.com

If your query was regarding an ETA on a product, please be aware that as soon as we receive confirmed dates from our suppliers this information is always updated on the product pages by the purchasing department.

The call center staff members have no knowledge at all of this information and no way to access it - nor are they able to put you through to the purchasing department.

Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction caused, and if you ever need advice or support with a future order from Adorama, please don't hesitate to email me directly: Helen@adorama.com

Best wishes

29th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I recently ordered a laptop (actually 2 by accident) from Adorama. When i made the first order the payment was

declined as my bank thought it was unusual activity and called me. They said i had to re-order so i did.
So i contacted Adorama by email as im in the UK. a few days later the sent the laptop out anyway, so two were sent

exactly the same to the same person to the same address. You would think they might have read and actioned the

email and clued on when two of the same were sent.

At first Adorama admitted that they shouldn't have sent it out and did so in error. However this didn't stop them

from threatening to abandon the package if we didn't accept it and that we would be charged the import taxes anyway

along with the shipping. Even though they were given plenty of notice to cancel the order!

Anyway, we didn't accept it as it would mean paying more to have it returned and $216 in taxes. So what did Adorama

do, they credited our account less the shipping costs, (even though it was their error. however as it was processed

as a refund, my bank then charged me 50 pounds to convert the money from USD to GBP. But wait my experience with

Adorama did finish there...

We accepted the other laptop, this was a gift for my partner $1400, not cheap, the most we have ever paid for a

laptop, only to realise that it was the wrong one. I don't know much about computers, bought this online, unseen.
Of course when it arrived we realised it didn't have a touch screen, which for that price you would expect it did.

This was a key feature for my partner, thats what he was after. I then contact Adorama and requested a simple

exchange, however they said if the item (box) had been opened then they wouldn't accept it. Now we have a laptop

we don't want that was a gift that went wrong.

Now i would like to highlight Adorama put on the receipt that the have a 'No hassle return policy' and that they

want to keep their customers happy. Clearly this is misleading and false. They don't have a no hassle policy, its a

major hassle. My example of what happened, they should have accepted the exchange. All shops allow that. Now i

don't know what to do? Can any one help me? I bought this 30 days ago.

Adorama Logo Adorama