Aarp Roadside Assistance

Phone: 800-555-1121
I started calling AARP ROADSIDE ASST. since 8/8/11 in reference to my renewal payment of $45.oo. the bank cashed the check on 8/8/11. I then received another bill from them...a couple of days later. I called and stated that the check had been cashed by them Motor Club Inc. (.which they told me they changed their name to). I have called 8/10, 8/11, 8/13, 8/16/and 8/18/2011 trying to get the problem resolved. Talk with many people, Melissa, Charlotte, Pattie, Charles, and three person claiming to be Supervisors..Alex, Jack and today Jill. All the calls being placed to 1800-555-1121 ( other numbers with the same results). I've made so many call to that number and others to be told I was in INDIA...I would then ask to speak to someone in the USA. Thru theses call I found out that they had applied my renewal payment to another members account. Customer Service also gave me several bogus fax numbers...1847-551-2983, 1877-155-2938, 1877-551-2938, so I could fax a copy of the front and back of the cashed check. I'm at my wits end...All I want is them to apply my payment to the correct person.. I do know after this AARP ROADSIDE ASST by ALLSTATE can forget it!! I will never refer them to anyone!! eie20@cast.net
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees
Was the above complaint useful?

26th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
I wish I had read this before I applied to the road service. I have made many calls to customer service only to find out that my check was cashed and I don't have an account. What! I sent in the money and the form that came in the mail. I was told that maybe I misspelled my own name, did I mention my name was printed on the form. Finally I was told to send another check and I would get the roadside service. ok people, I know were older now but do they think were stupid too. Don't send in your money, burn it instead u will get better results. $ 45.00 GONE!!!
 22nd of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Called weeks before renewal to ask for a bill and to let them know not to auto charge my credit card. No bill came so I emailed thru their web page three days before renewal asking for a bill and requesting my credit card not be billed. Today I checked my credit card and it has the auto charge by AARP. Called customer service and asked for it to be reversed. Let the clerk know of my dissatisfaction with their lack of service. If you deal with this company be prepared to follow up and don't expect quality service. Been a member for many years and never called for help. If their roadside assistance is as bad as their customer service, you might be in trouble.

Customer Care Service