logo

mann travel
rip off
3. (27 mins ago)
esmartsupply.com
No explanation why they didn’t get orders back
4. (35 mins ago)
Australian Wine Index
boiler room wine investment scam
5. (40 mins ago)

AARP

Posted:    Valerie

Completely stunned

AARP - www.aarp.org

I am 72 years old and have had my auto insurance and homeowners insurance through aarp. My insurance is being handled for aarp through the hartford. I have probably had this insurance for approximately the past twenty years. The policy no. Is 55 phe293950, andrew j. Kline sr., 200 federal st ne. Warren, oh, 44483. My phone no. Is 330 394 3143.

About two or three weeks ago i called their customer service department because i wanted a quite on how much it would cost me to put my 16 year old grandson who just got his license. To drive one of my cars, i have a 1995 buick roadmaster and a 1987 cadillac which i alone drive. If i was to put my grandson on my insurance it would be to drive my buick. When they gave me the quote of how much it would cost me, which is over $1200. A year, i told them their was no way i could afford this, i am on a fixed income and to just forget it. Besides the transmission has gone bad on my buick, and my grandson is buying his own car sometime this week or the first of next week. The cost of fixing the buick is way too much, so i am just going to sell it as is. Too make a long story short, the first of this week i get a statement from the hartford stating my premium due is $1,255.28, they put my grandson on my policy without any consent from me. I call there and talk to a cust. Rep and she proceeds to tell me that i have no choice in the matter i have to put him on my policy, that she is in control of my policy and she will say what is to be done with my policy, this is no bs, this is exactly what she told me. I was stunned, i told her i am the one who pays for this policy and you tell me i have no control of it, that you do, and she says "yes". I had asked to speak to one of her supervisors about this and she told me they were all busy and would not let me speak to one of them. They do not even know who my grandson is, what is name is nor to they have any info about his drivers license yet they proceed to put him on my policy.

I want to know if they are within their power doing this to me, she told me if i didn't like it i could take my insurance elsewhere, i don't want to have to do this, it is so much of a hassle, especially with my homeowners ins. Because i pay my insurance with my house payment each month.

I am just completely stunned about this whole thing, what kind of a democracy are we living in when an insurance company tells you what they are going to do with your policy whether you like it or not.

If someone can not help me in this matter could you please direct me to someone that can. This whole situation just does not sound right to me.

Thank you very much, and i will be more than willing to supply you with any further information you might need.

Andrew j. Kline Sr
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jun, 2008 by   Juanette H. Tomlinson 0 Votes
Made reservation through AARP, when arrived at hotel it was very undesirable a dump. Arrived on May 22 had reservations for 22
and 23 to check out on 24. Called AARP they moved us to a Holiday Inn at 10000 Baltimore
Ave. Charged us a Cancellatio fee.
I would kindly appreciate it if AARP would absorb this fee because you booked us in a dump. The reputatiio that AARP has lead me to believe that you would not book guest in a DUMP!!!. Trip #681305979863. Why would you expect a person to lay in a bed in a dump.
Why does AARP allow their workers to book guest in a Dump. I've never seen a desk clerk behind a glass window before in a hotel. Ther was not a light on in the lobby.
What were they trying to hide.
The curtains from outside the guest rooms were dingy. They were street intrances.
They man behind the glass was unkept. This
place was a dump. I would not leave horses in that place.

1st of Dec, 2008 by   W.A.H 0 Votes
I am an independent agent for AARP, I underwrite insurance for several other companies also. I can honestly tell you that AARP cares nothing about it's members. I have over several clients right now who can't get their medical cards or clients that are having to buy expensive drugs out of their own pocket because they don't have their Rx cards. AARP doesn't have the reputation it use to but I continue to sell it because that's what people want, A cheap product they can complain about. You can e-mail your questions or concerns to ash1799@aol.com or if you have questions for AARP their customer support number is 1-800-880-7417
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   gwdanley 0 Votes
On 2/10/09 I renewed my yearly subscription to AARP. The cost was 12.50. I used a debit card from an account that had a small amount of money in it. AARP withdrew the 12.50 twice, causing an overdraft charge of 20.00 because I was overdrawn by 1.81. When I contacted the AARP representative, I was told that they would refund the 12.50 for the second non-requested (by myself) amount of 12.50. But I was also told that the 20.00 for the overdraft was my problem. They claimed it was submitted twice by myself. The problem is that I used the firefox browser and then when I confirmed the payment, their system crashed. I re-submitted the request on Explorer and it went through. I was told that I should have confirmed that the original and that because I didn't it was my fault that I incurred the order draft costs. I will buy nothing from AARP again and I will NOT recommend them for anything. I am not surprised that others are having problems with this organization.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   Virginia M Aponte 0 Votes
I do not know if this is the correct website but I wanted to bring this to someone's attention.

Walgreens advertises if you switch your prescription to them you would get a $25.00 walgreens gift credit card. I transferred a prescription and upon picking it up, I was told that senior citizens are not eligible to participate in this program. It is a federal/state law.

I truly beg to differ, we have worked in this country, paid our taxes and continue to pay them on our checks and spend money just like everyone else. I do believe we are being discrimated upon. I would to have guidance on to whom to address this grave disturbing isssue.

My email address is vma9@aol.com
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   firefly 0 Votes
I complained about Balafonte being selected as their "Man of the Year" and they unilaterally canceled my menbership. OK by me as all they seemed to do is soak me for my membership. I found that almost everthing that they offered could have been come by cheaper outside of AARP inculding medicare suppliment programs.
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   GoldenAger -2 Votes
It is time for us to dump this organization- how in the world could they endorse the Obama health plan. Senior will be the ones who suffer. If you don't believe me just do a little reading on Dr Emmanuels stance on restricting health care to the elderly. Gone will be the opportunity to get a knee replacement, or any other kind of helath care. Wake up people and quit paying those damn dues!
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   Old oilfield hand 0 Votes
How can AARP continue to support a health care bill that is so patently anti senior. I have checked the few comment posts that they have on the subject and have not found 1 member that agrees with AARP's position. It's almost seems that they've been bought off or just don't care about what happens to their members. My wife and I will think long and hard before we renew our memberships or purchase anything from AARP.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   jim Retired-MEDIC -1 Votes
If your over 60 THATS ALL FOLK'S. Thanks AARP for all your support with the new Health care coverage
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   faithforall -1 Votes
I was ready to join AARP simply because of their ongoing, almost intrusive advertiseing campaign. When I found out that they were endorsing the National Health Care Plan, (Obamacare) I quickly changed my mind. I then checked this site as well as others to find out what other seniors were saying about AARP. I was shocked! I think that everyone who belongs to AARO should reconsider their affiliation. After finding out about AARP I bagan to ask around locally as to how others felt about this organization and many have said the they will not renew when their current membership expires. I find that many seniors are angry with AARP and hope for their future failure and that a more esponsible organization will take their place.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   Compu_Doc +1 Votes
AARP has always been and always will be a poster child for the Insurance Companies. They receive millions of dollars in endorsements from major companies that cater to the elderly. AARP does NOT care about the seniors...only the money from advertisers that they can push to the senior citizens in this country. I gave up on them and so have millions of others. Now AARP is pushing their touchy feely ads on T-V in an effort to pull seniors back into their membership. Don't do it. They are pawns of the Politicians and Spokesmen for large Corporations that only want to use seniors to boost their bottom lines.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   b jarvis 0 Votes
I joined aarp for senior support issues only to find their partner insurance company the hartford raised my rate by $250.00 a year when I got a ticket in a phote radar speed trap. I paid the ticket $125.00 but that was only the beginning over the next three years the hartfort will charge me a total of $750.00 in rate increases. I called them only to find out they really dont care. I cant wait to tell them screw me once shame on you screw me twice same on me sincerely B jarvis in portland oregon
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   M. DALBY 0 Votes
I filled out the application to become a member and they applied it to the next door neighbors account and their address sending bthem the gifts I was suppose to get. I found this out because they sent me an e-mail thanking them for renewing their membership so you know they looked at the application. I contacted them they treated me as a lier, I finally got my bank to send them a copy of the check and reported them to the BBB they said to the BBB they were sorry but was not their fault that I lived at the same address as another member and would get my account set up and another free gift for the trouble. The only reason I know this a since I do not live at the neighbors House I live in my own house with my own address for the passed 27 years if the letters from BBB with a copy of their reports as to what happened. I was talking to the neighbor and they siad yes they had been getting junk amin in my name from AARP and just threw it away not knowing I was arguing with them. I DON'T THINK THIS ORGANIZATION KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO INVOLVED IN BLAIMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR THEIR MISTAKES.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   laureljane 0 Votes
I m tired of receiving stuff in the mail form AARP it started just after I turned 50. I never contacted them or requested an info. SO then all their flipping 'partners' start sending their junk to me. I called them told them to take me off their list. They did short term. I moved and they got my new address without me informing them of it guess they get list of people over 50. SO I got cards at my new address I returned them with a letter telling them to take me off the list. I called they said it takes 90 days which is BS!!! SO here it is some 90 days later and guess what I get in the mail? More cards!!! I am tretuning them in the pre paid envelope they sent to me too bad I can't tape it to a rock to send back. I will call them tomorrow and let them know that any further contact will result in legal action. No means NO!. chase is till sending me crap I stuff the return envelopes with recent election mail that i did not want and sent it to them they pay the flipping postage!!!
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Dixieone 0 Votes
I want to complain about tax exempt low income senior apartment managers denying acceptance to seniors over 68 as tenants because of poor credit. I found out that if my husband and I earned $1500 less a year, we would be eligable for section 8 vouchers and no credit check would be done. My husband was very ill this past year, with over $8000 in Medicare co pays not covered by anyone then us. No cost of living increases for two years, and we cancelled all but basic cable. My husband was laid off in 07, and one week later I dislocated my shoulder and had major surgery.

We live in a low income tax exempt senior apartment, approved by Hud for two years, and yet now we feel we need to move near my daughter in Vermont, we are learning that low income management people are doing credit checks and refusing us, even though it was not our fault he was laid off, that I dislocated my shoulder, that we could not afford to pay most of our bills due to medical bills. That our part d went up for the past two years, as did our rent and other bills, with no cost of living increase. As it is we live in the Dollar store for a majority of our food and household products.

We are getting to be the new poor generation, and no one in D.C. wants to even think of helping us. We are not trying to rent an apartment that is private owned, where there are gaited communities, many amenties etc. We are looking for subsidized housing. It is not our fault we had bad luck, and don't even go there with you should have planned better. An auto accident took away my great career in the VA, as a RN CRM in 98, and I lost everything, including my retirement, which we had to l ive on until my disability for my head injury started. Bad things happen to good people, and now given the problems with the economy, layoff's foreclosures etc. management companies are not going to let people rent subsidized apartments. how about we demand that the people working in the management companies, pass criminal and credit checks to be employed by us, when we become tenants?
 27th of May, 2011 by   joe amo 0 Votes
I AGREE WITH YOU. I WANTED TERM LIFE INS. FOR MY WIFE WEKS AGO I SENT THEM A FORM & I THINK THEY FORGOT ABOUT MY INS. FOR MY WIFE. I, M NOIT HAPPY AT ALL WITH AARP INS. JOE
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   NOT A DUMB ASS 0 Votes
I AGREE AARP IS NOTHING BUT A BIG RIP OFF. THEY CONSTANTLY BOTHER PEOPLE WITH THEIR MAILINGS, THEY EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO SEND YOU THEIR MEMEBERSHIP CARD ALL READY FOR YOU WITH YOUR NAME AND EVERYTHING ON IT, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND THEM $16.00. AND YOU GET NOTHING IN RETURN FOR THIS $16.00. BUT IF THEY COLLECT ENOUGHT SUCKERS AT $16., 00 EACH THEY HAVE A COMFORTABLE SEAT FOR THEMSELVES. THEY SHOULD BE STOPPED THEY DO NOT HELP ANY SENIOR GET ANYTHING CHEAP. IF YOU ARE DUMB JOIN THEM, BUT IF YOU HAVE SOME SENSE IN YOUR BRAIN YOU WILL THROW OUT ALL THEIR MAILINGS AND IGNORE THEM. BIG RIP OFF, GOVERNMENT SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS COMPANY, AND STOP THEM. THE BIGGEST SCAM ON SENIORS IN USA.
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   zmanros63 0 Votes
I am sitting here with a AARP membership invoice on the table that I just got in the mail. I just turned 50 today and they already have an invoice in my mailbox...who the hell told them it was my birthday anyway?
Quite honestly I think I get the same or better benefits from my AAA membership and they'll even tow the car or bring me gas if I run out. I doubt that AARP would do that.
Thank you for all of the comments...word of mouth means a great deal. The AARP form just went into the trash can.
 6th of Nov, 2013 by   Jaydeekay 0 Votes
I'm surprised at all the people in this country that buy insurance from AARP at all. AARP should go broke from boycott. They get government funding. If they get funds from the government why pay them anything. Your already paying them through taxation. Then their insurance should be free, Right?

Selling Your Phone For An Upgrade