logo

Smith Sights
Ordered, paid, never received
4. (56 mins ago)
Olx
Fake add and gave my phone no
5. (56 mins ago)

Posted:    Mitchel

Fraudsters and cheaters

1800 Got Junk
1800gotjunk.com
Just a caution to the consumer. I would say this business MIGHT have merit if you're going to fill up an entire truck with heavy stuff from a basement that's hard to get to, but if you have anything less than that, don't use this business.

They charged me $154 to remove a single 3 cushion couch measuring 7'x3'x3' off my friend's FRONT PORCH!!! That's more than i paid for the couch!! I would have told them to piss off but it had to be moved and i couldn't do it in time for repairs that needed to be done to the porch. Never in my wildest dreams did i even imagine that it would be that much to move a d**n couch. It would have taken a disabled turtle one minute to pick this thing up and load it in the truck. they charged me $154!!! I doubt that took up much space in the truck, let alone 1/8. Then they wrote on the receipt that it took 10 minutes!!! what are they doing, taking a coffee break??? No way. These guys suck. Their price scale is flawed hardcore.
Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2009 by   DazingHard 0 Votes
I find this post and others that complain about service industry pricing intriguing. Customers rarely consider the cost structure to operate a business, even though many of them are probably responsible for profit and loss at their own companies. Consider the costs that a plumber, or a junk removal company, might incur:

1. Vehicles are not cheap and the insurance on commercial vans and trucks are high.
2. Liability and work comp insurance is through the roof to the extent that many state legislatures are attempting to address the issue of skyrocketing premiums
3. Labor - a plumber may have only been on site for 30 minutes, or in this case a stated 10 minutes, but what about the sunk cost of travel time?
4. Supplies, or in this case, its probably dump costs. I don't know where this poster is from, but I looked at dump rates in our town and it is $160 per ton. One couch may not weigh so much, but blended in aver the course of filling a truck, it adds up. Copper prices for plumbers and electricians went through the roof last year.

The other point here is the value of time. I saw that Budget will rent a truck for $29 a day plus $1 per mile. And $14.95 for insurance. It would take me an hour to go to the truck place, rent it and bring it home. Another two hours loading the couch, driving the 60 miles round trip to the dump and then paying for the dump, plus gas costs. I went to a dump once...what are the odds of getting a flat tire there? I don't drive box trucks regularly, less than once every 3 years is my guess, so what are the odds of me hitting something?

It seems like this person spent $154 and saved 3 hours of time, avoided the nasty experience of having to go to a dump and not having any risk of injury.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   tinnutis +1 Votes
in my city if we have oversized stuff like furniture to discard we just call the sanitation dept. They have a special truck that comes around and picks the stuff up for free. You may have to wait a week, but they will come get it. You don't even need to be there, just take it to the curb.

my $0 solution beats your $154 :P
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   donnyno 0 Votes
I disagree, I used these guys and they did a great job. Price was fair and service was excellent.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   getagrip 0 Votes
As stated "it had to be moved and i couldn't do it in time for repairs that needed to be done to the porch". $154 is your cost for procrastinating or poor planning.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   doright12 0 Votes
I used these guys 3 times and yes they charge you. That's why it's consider a business and not a charity. I agree with the last post... You needed it done, you couldn't do it yourself and it got done to save you from other issues. If you didn't want to spend the $154. then you should have said no and did it yourself. Oh ya I forgot you couldn't! Think about what your saying?!?!?!?!
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   Binski +1 Votes
Having an estimate done earlier by them I had said off handed "I may require their service for other things later" but did not contract at that time.
Then the principal owner kept calling me asking when, when, when...
After several calls over a few weeks I answered reluctantly, to 'throw some work their way', what a MISTAKE!
Sent a kid out, just got his driver permit it seemed. Loaded the truck, says someone else will be out later that day. I'm here thinkin' "where's my NEW estimate? The haven't secured surety from my person yet!?
No contract writ or verbal they then demanded from my mother to pay... to obtain money under duress. Making any contract unenforceable by doing so. They wanted the cost of their first and only estimate for a MUCH larger job that they WAY underestimated.
Under U.C.C. Law the principal (contractor) is required to act as a "reasonable person" and thus make proper estimates & obtain the required Terms of Commercial Contract with a signature.
(secured surety) Without it there is no agreement or bargain, hence, no consideration. I'm paying these fools but they shot themselves in the foot and pissed me off. Spread nails all over my gravel driveway too. Epic Fail!!
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   TRASH 0 Votes
I agree. I own a 2004 used 1800 GOT JUNK truck and a junk removal business. I got the truck for a great deal since the franchisee couldnt afford to stay open. I charge $350 up to a ton to fill my truck and in my area 1800 GOT JUNK charges $598. I also do not charge extra for T.V.'s, couches, large appliances. GOT JUNK charges $150 for a water heater! I take all metal from my jobs and scrap them for cash so why would I charge the customer? Start up costs for GOT JUNK are 70k-100k so I guess they have to make their money back. Plus I pay $90 a ton to dump, so thats $260 profit. Minus gas and an employee I make on average $180 for an average job that takes about 45 minutes to load. GOT JUNK is waaaaay over priced but that's business I guess.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   andrewhayes +1 Votes
I would like to buy a used got junk truck. If anyone knows how i could buy one direct from the franchise could they please let me know.

Andrew

andrewhayes12@hotmail.com
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   getagrip 0 Votes
Is the "trash" guy still in business?
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   Louie D 0 Votes
What the heck are you complaining about. If you did not want to use them, then you could of just said "NO". Stop whining like an ass and shut up. Boo hoo Boo hoo. Jaskass.
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   Louie D 0 Votes
What the heck are you complaining about? If you did not want to use their services, then you could of just said "NO". Are you stupid?
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   RYANDUNN 0 Votes
GOTJUNK IS FOR CONSUMERS WHO LOVE TO OVER PAY. IE SHOPPING AT THE STORES IN A AIRPORT OR DINNING OUT INSIDE DISNEYLAND. WANT A GREAT PRICE WITH SERVICE TO MATCH, I CALL BUDGET DISPOSAL SYSTEMS 818-998-1700 COST ABOUT 75%LESS THAT 1800GOTCASH...I MEAN 1800GOTJUNK.
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   Mary jc 0 Votes
I leave in Barrie ontario, canada and i had called couple of junk removal companies to get a price quote (just junk, 1800 got junk and i trash it ). i swear to god the price i got from 1800 got junk and just junk where 4 times more expensive than I Trash It .
I would extremely recommend I Trash It to all my family and friends! They are professional, affordable and friendly. What they quote is what they will charge... no hidden costs like other junk removal companies i have dealt with in the past...You will always have my business and I will extremely recommend you to everyone... Good Job!
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   lanierae 0 Votes
I did not even use the service i had three places to call and find out rates and such to move a few couches and a mattress to the dump for me, after the lady on the phone told me about the company I politely told her i had one more place to call to find out about and she became VERY VERY rude and hung up on me.. i might have used the company if she wouldn't have been so rude on the phone. That right there made me go someplace else.
 18th of Mar, 2013 by   fbshaulingllc 0 Votes
DazingHard said it best. - It's a business ! - lots of overhead if you want to be legit and do it legally.
Clients tend to want to haggle with us, I don't understand this because it's like I say... you don't go to the grocery store, pick up a gallon of milk, take it up to the cashier and say "$2.50 for a gallon of milk? Can you do any better? Can you let me have it for $1.50? ".

FBS Hauling, LLC
www.fbshauling.com
www.facebook.com/haulingservices
 27th of Apr, 2013 by   miahkcmo 0 Votes
1800gotjunk are a rip off they get over 1000 on a truckand pay 50 to dump it. I used to work for these guys for 3 years they say they donate they dont they sell any reusable furniture. They pay their guys 10 an hour to work their asses off. Tons of fraud and forgery. They dump paint and hazardous things in landfills. Dont use this servous.
 25th of Aug, 2013 by   Darko Atanasov 0 Votes
NSW, Artarmon office manager-Impossible, this guy is coming from 10 th century!!! I am not sure he has heard about customer service!!! Very bad experience. I would not call this people again!
 7th of Sep, 2014 by   commenting1 0 Votes
When I hired GOT JUNK, they were completely clear with their fee structure when I made the booking, and again before they actually moved anything. Most of what this person was charged is clearly the up-front fee that is charged no matter how big or small the load. They have to get the truck and two people to and from your place, and anyone should understand that this is a business, with associated costs. It does not say anywhere that they are going to move your junk for practically free.
I have hired GOT JUNK twice, and would recommend them anytime to anybody.

Gift Card Scam - It's The Latest Scam to Watch Out For!

Latest Groups