Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized withdrawal from debit card!

Contacts & Informations

Posted:

Unauthorized withdrawal from debit card!

I terminated my services with Direct TV due to bad service, once I disconnected direct tv, they charged me a termination fee of $125.00, which I sent a check to them immediately, but direct tv went into my bank account and withdrew the $125.00 three times creating a overdraft, when I called customer service, I was told it would take 6-8 weeks before I could be sent a refund check, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for almost and hour before I eventually hung up. I ended up calling my bank and having my debit card changed. The bank also canceled one of the unauthorized payments, then after direct tv debited my account three times, they tried to cash my check, this is the one the bank canceled. Horrid, Horrid, people!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Customer rep lied!

DIRECT TV SUCKS ! I won't bore ya ll with details but be informed that no matter what a Direct TV rep says... or charges you for upfront... you are entering into a contract and you WILL be charged an early termination fee! I will restate the obvious DIRECT TV SUCKS!

Go Cable!!!
 21st of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had one of their independent contractors tell me I would be reimbursed for the pole mount I need for line of sight. When contacting Direct TV to get this reimbursement I was told NO WAY and that Direct TV is not responsible for misinformation. I told this person that their contractors are their agents and what they do or say is Direct TV responsibility.

I have e-mailed Direct TV and am waiting to see what happens, if there is no response from them I will contact Consumer Affairs and file a complaint with the FCC.

I don't like being lied too.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
Now directtv.com won't even lets you register to make payments. What sort of idiot doesn't want to get paid???
 20th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Over all service and billing!

Don't ever give Direct TV a credit card or checking account number. I just canceled my service and they charged my account without any notice or approval. Their so called Customer Service is non-existent. They have to pay people $50 to subscribe. When I canceled my service, they offered me $150 to stay. I told them I wasn't a whore and to keep their money. I quit for valid reasons and if I wanted to stay I would.
 6th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Too many to list...

False Advertising; lying; poor service; worse customer service; incorrect billing; false charges; illegal and improper business tactics...

USE THIS LINK:

FIGHT BACK.
 13th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Charge for early disconnect

This is in regards to my mothers contract she is 81 years old and early stages of altizmers and did this without me knowing about it and now they want $132.52 because is was canceled she didn't understand how to operate the tv or remote
 31st of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me, only on the day I canceled they told me they'd charge me $120, I told them even on that day I wouldn't have the money in my account, can I pay half now and half in two weeks. I was canceling not because I wanted to, but I had no choice it was due to circumstances beyond my control. Not only did they not care, they automatically withdrew $160.33 and caused me overdraft fees. I talked to TEN+ reps about this, and everyone's reply was the same "It's our policy." STAY AWAY FROM DIRECT TV! CABLE MAY COST A LITTLE MORE BUT I TRUST IT'S BETTER SERVICE!
 31st of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
Unbelievable!!! These people treated me like a second-rate customer, refused to work with me to pay my cancellation fee rather than charging it to a card that had sufficient funds (thus causing me overdraft fees) then had the nerve to keep calling asking me to come back!!!
 20th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me,but I was charged for someone else's account. My name is not on the acct.They took $377.79 out of my bank acct.I caught it the first time before it cleared.I didn't know they would turn around and do this again.Here I am four days before christmas without $377.79 that I desperately need to pay my bills. Thank God! I already bought my kids presents. This is wrong and I dont see how this can be legal.I had used my debit card to purchase a ppv,thats how they recieved my acct#.Direct TV told me that the person should have told me that I would be responsible for they're past due balance,effective april,may.2007. and anyone's card # on file can be held responsible. This is WRONG!!! I will NEVER use direct TV and STRONGLY recomend KNOWONE use direct tV or pay anyone's bill buy credit card. This is still unresolved!!!
 20th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I Think Everyone should take LEGAL ACTION!!!
 16th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Charged when there was no service!
Rupert
Idaho

WE had no service on 2 TV's for half a month. WE called and emailed countless times. Finally a customer service representative said that they had one of our satellites pointed to Puaerto Rico, he fixed that and our service was back on. However, they will not adjust our statement to reflect a credit for the time we were without their services, when it was clearly a mistake on the part of Direct TV.
 13th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Misrepresentation!
p obox 6262
Ocala
Florida
Phone: 8005315000
www.directv.com/hotpass

Contacted an internet site ordered a package. For $39.99 was contacted by a representative of Direct to confirm an institution, agreed to the date. Received a bill for $58.00 five days later called direct and was told that would be my monthly bill because I had up graded. And if I wish to cancel it would cost me $300.00 as I was locked into a 18 month contract.

I'm retired and cannot afford this amount.
 22nd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Theft!
Box 6550
Greenwood Village
Colorado

I canceled my service with Direct TV after 7 years because I moved to another state. I was not under any contracts with Direct TV. Each time I call DT they assure me the problem has been corrected and I do not owe them any money. Today I was notified they have turned my account over to a collection agency. When I called... again the idiot I spoke with did not have a clue even though she identified herself as the billing supervisor.
 25th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with this posting. DirectTV has done the same thing with me and I'm thinking of starting a class action lawsuit to start in Volusia County, FL and then depending on a lawyer I may go national. Everyone if you haven't already file a complaint with two sites:
* consumeraffairs.com
*lawcash.com
I paid for the service to start using "check by phone". I have a 10 page folder to prove that they have lied to the state attorney generals of Florida and Georgia.
If you know of any dissatisfied customers in the Datona Beach, FL area please tell them to contact my e-mail:
Fred.Sayin@gmail.com . This also includes Deland, Deltona, Port Orange... Anyone means relative, friend, co-worker, collegue or even neighbor
 10th of Apr, 2008 by    +1 Votes
c036Also e-mail clarkhoward.com if you live outside Atlanta GA or call him if you live in Atlanta GA -his number is on his website clarkhoward.com. I'm thinking of mailing a copy of their letter to attorney general Bill McCollum plus a copy of their bill to him to prove they are lying. Also according to an e-mail I paid an electronic funds payment around January 16. I'd like a company rep to tell me how I made a payment while in the hospital (1/8-1/18/08) and I don't want to hear a bullish story that my landlord and friend took one of my checks and read it to them. Why is it bullish I ran out of Suntrust checks in early December and didn't reorder until late January. If anyone can come up with Direct TV's picture logo send it to me and I'll relabel it and post it to the internet utube: "pissedofftv" Excuse my french but I'm quite angry and irritated when companies like Direct TV tells lies and allegedly commits fraud. Any disatisfied Direct TV customer with billing issues in Volusia County FL contact me by e-mail with your story and mailing address at
Fred.Sayin@gmail.com and my response will explain my strategies for dealing with Direct TV. Again try clarkhoward.com
 25th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Unauthorized over charge

Direct TV made an unauthorized "Protection Plan charge" to my account, when I found out, they would not refund all of the over charges AND ADDED a Portection Plan Cancellation FEE !! What kind of scam is this?
 29th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

rude
27285 manon ave # 14
Hayward
Phone: 510)852-0946

they ran there cable wires in the wrong place and you can not get them to come back to move them they make appoiments then never come then when you call them they give you the run around
 1st of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Directv shut me off on 4/18/08 my bill was due on the 9th. when I got the 2nd bill I just put in my desk until I was ready to pay it on the 5/1/. so guess what I not only did they not want to talk to me any time soon to talk to them about it I had to email them. I did chew their butts out big time and I plan on fileing this with the bbb. if anyone else reads this I ask you to file with bbb too.
Dawna Ddalgliesh
Lewiston, Id
 19th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
when you have these problems i have written thr att. general of the state tou live in. direct tv tried to debit my visa, however my card expired.they sent me a100. bill, turned it into collection agency/bottom feeders.the comntinued to rise.4 mo. later the vice pres. of sleeze forgave the bill.so don't give up.i had direct tv fore 8yrs.they lost a cutomer over100.00 pmm
 13th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
BE CATIOUS, they will damage your property during the install. Lie about their intentions to fix the damage. Make up some 2-yr commitment and charge a cancalation fee. POOR, poor, poor customer service. Unfriendlys awful experieince only surpassed by TimeWarner; it must be an industry thing :(

Avoid Phishing that Claims to Be from IRS