logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Flexter Chu House of clothing
order paid for but not receive
2. (19 mins ago)

Zoosk Contacts & Informations

Zoosk

Posted:    seriously peeved

Invasion of Privacy

I have had the app for about a year through myspace. I use it infrequently and prefer to make contact on my own rather than having a picture up. I've looked at my own profile through the 'my profile' link to check spelling etc and the picture there was the generic 'no picture'.

What they DON'T tell you when you sign up through either myspace or facebook is that they USE your picture from that site as a default picture. Your profile will look to you as not having a picture but to everyone else it's your other site picture. I only found out about this when someone teased me about being on the site as they saw my picture there and when I went to the 'help' section they tell you there.

I simply couldn't believe they did that; I thought I was misreading it. So i made a different profile in order to have my original one show up in the new profile's search results (yes, that's kind of cheesy) and low and behold, there's my myspace picture. I really think that most people are unaware that as a standard zoosk does this. I read the terms of use/service pretty carefully when I sign up some where and did so with the new temporary profile I made today...there's not a thing in there about them automatically using the profile picture of the originating site. They're pretty lucky they've never been sued. Needless to say I uploaded a generic picture while deciding how I want to handle this.
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Oct, 2010 by   Shondra123 0 Votes
I have NEVER signed up for this zoosk load of crap!
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   WendiLevanti 0 Votes
Hi my name is Wendi Levanti, I am a professional graphic designer making websites, webpages and links for people to ADVERTISE THEMSELVES on their FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter etc., when looking to meet new friends, acquaintances and long term relationships ... PLEASE DO NOT PAY a dating agency for something that isnt real or doesnt reach the people you are looking for. Be in control of your own page, portray yourself as you would wish people to see you, by using a professional designer, once your page is up and running it is easy to maintain and control or I will be on hand to assist. For samples of my work please feel free to contact me ... wf_21@hotmail.com
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   morsy 51 0 Votes
somebody sent me a message on zoosk using my real name! nobody is suppose to be able to access your personal information, surely these sites should have some sort of watchdog!

How to Make Your First Bank Account