logo

Zbiddy.com

Posted: 2011-02-07 by    BagT

Fraud

Zbiddy.com
I was not aware of what a scam this is It cost me$159.00 to find out...

Do Not usethis company or any other company who says you can bid on stuff cheaply..I tried unsuccessfully to cancel my account and it finally cost me $159.00 they will not refund our money ..they state in good faith they will refund half still waiting for that to happen which is $79.50 but not the full price. Tey charge you what they want and you can not change the amount beleive me I tired.. they are scamers and cheats don't use them..unless you want a good life lesson.. remeber if it walks like aduck and quacks like a duck its a dam duck good luck too all future suckers
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Nov, 2012 by   sueBirtwistle 0 Votes
Zbiddy is true penny auction site.
 12th of Nov, 2012 by   Tony Miguel 0 Votes
This company is a scam! They advertise free registration but when you hit submit, the site will charge your card $99 for 250 bids whether you like it or not. I called the company and spoke to a representative indicating that I'm not the only one who complained about the issue and yet they could not do anything about it because it is non-refundable.
I will be happy to join anyone who would like to pursue a class action lawsuit against this company. They simply cannot take advantage of trusting consumers.
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   Cindy69 0 Votes
WARNING WARNING WARNING This site is a TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL RIPOFF. It is not an auction site it is a roulette wheel lottery. I'm going to every review site and can find and put this out there.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   Rlex 0 Votes
Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

Due to high volumes, we are experiencing longer than usual hold times. We will address your specific issue promptly.
[Adriana]
Thank you for contacting our Customer Support.

My name is Adriana. how may I help you today?

[regie] This bidding clock has been going extra for about 2hrs..When does it stop?
[regie] I can't even use the automatic bidder!
[Adriana] To better assist you, may I have the email address with which you registered?

[regie] r*******@gmail.com
[Adriana] Please give me a moment while I locate your account.
[Adriana] Which item is the one you are looking at ?
[regie] dell vostro 2420
[Adriana] Can you please provided me with the link
[regie] Seems like every time It counts down to 1 and I am the last bidder, the clock restarts again just like now
[regie] http://www.zbiddy.com/auctions/1207690-Dell-Vostro-2420-14-inch-2-GB-RAM-320-GB
[Adriana] In order to give everyone a fair chance to win in the auctions, every time someone places a bid in the last 15 seconds the clock goes back

[regie] It it goes on for 2frs?
[regie] 2hrs*
[regie] well then when will it stop? that's ridiculous
[regie] I could've won like 15 times already
[Adriana] The auction will stop depending on the customers
[reggie] Pls specify
[Adriana] The auction will close depending on the customers the last bidder will get the auction
[reggie] So basically there is no end until the last customer?
[Adriana] As I was telling you before the closure of the auctions depends on the customers
[reggie] Wtf? Omg I will never click on another popup again. This is a joke. I knew I should've stuck with ebay man. geeeze!
[Adriana] We give the same chance opportunity to all our customer to win the auction, last week we close the kindle fire only for $80.00
[Adriana] Are you still with me ?
[reggie] I don't even know what a kindle fire is!
[Adriana] It is a tablet like the Ipad
[reggie] I don't care about last week, I care about now. This is tiring. I've been at this crap since 4am..
[Adriana] Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
[reggie] NOPE! I'm through with shitty Zbiddy. I'm fucking done man! Have a wonderful day!
[Adriana] Thank you for contacting ZBiddy Customer Support. Happy Bidding!
The operator has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   Rlex 0 Votes
Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Adriana]
Thank you for contacting our Customer Support.

My name is Adriana. how may I help you today?

[regie] I can't even use the automatic bidder!

[regie] reg*****1@gmail.com
[Adriana] Please give me a moment while I locate your account.
[Adriana] Which item is the one you are looking at ?
[regie] dell vostro 2420
[Adriana] Can you please provided me with the link

[regie] It it goes on for 2frs?
[regie] 2hrs*
[regie] well then when will it stop? that's ridiculous
[regie] I could've won like 15 times already
[Adriana] The auction will stop depending on the customers
[reggie] Pls specify
[reggie] So basically there is no end until the last customer?
[Adriana] Are you still with me ?
[reggie] I don't even know what a kindle fire is!
[Adriana] It is a tablet like the Ipad
[Adriana] Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
[Adriana] Thank you for contacting ZBiddy Customer Support. Happy Bidding!
The operator has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   bmmd 0 Votes
I accidentally bought $99.99 worth of bids...I thought I was signing up to use the site. I called customer service and like others they gave me the run around about not being able to refund my money. I told them that was fine, I'll call my credit card and let them know the company put a fraudulent charge on my card. Suddenly they could refund my money. Don't trust this joke of a company!
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   Foggia52 0 Votes
I won bids for priceline hotel cards, but when I tried to use them I was taken to a site run by priceline and they DO NOT offer any good hotel rates.It seems like they only list the more expensive hotels in the city where you want to make reservations.They might show you prices for Fairfield Inn but not America's Best Value.
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   Stephen Ibeh 0 Votes
this is a suicide financially they do not credit your money back, it is almost impossible to get your refund, I have tried on both trials and they operators does not speak good english and they read off from scripts. so they cannot send you your money even if you try as you might. THIS IS A SCAM!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   NATALIE FALL 0 Votes
ZBIDDY'S SITE ASKS FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR BIDDING PURPOSES AND THEN AFTER YOU ENTER YOUR INFORMATION YOU GET A CONFIRMATION THAT $99 WAS TAKEN OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT. IT IS VERY SNEAKY. I CALLED TO COMPLAIN AND WAS TOLD THAT MY MONEY WAS NON-REFUNDABLE. I OBVIOUSLY WAS NOT TAKING THAT LIGHTY SO THEY PROMISED 75% OF MY MONEY BACK, I STILL WOULD NOT ACCEPT. I HAVE CONTACTED MY BANK AFTER THEY GAVE ME A CONFIRMATION NUMBER THAT 100% WILL BE BACK IN MY ACCOUNT IN 48-72 HOURS. WELL 72 HOURS HAVE PASSED AND STILL NO REFUND, SO NOW I HAVE CONTACTED MY BANK AND GOING AFTER THEM FOR FRAUD. I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO UPSET IF IT WAS CLEARLY WRITTEN THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED $99 BUT DUE TO THE WAY IT WAS HANDLED I FELT THAT THIS WAS BAD BUSINESS SO I WON'T BE USING THEM AND I WILL SPREAD THE WORD THAT THESE GUYS ARE A BAD BUSINESS REGARDLESS IF YOU CAN GET GOOD DEALS. I ONLY DEAL WITH HONEST BUSINESSES THAT ARE UPFRONT WITH PEOPLE, NOT A CALL CENTER IN INDIA THAT REFUSES TO RETURN MY MONEY WITHIN SECONDS OF MY ACCOUNT BEING CHARGED. BUYER BEWARE AND ADVICE TO ZBIDDY, BE UPFRONT AND HONEST AND MORE PEOPLE WILL GIVE YOU PRAISE INSTEAD OF COMPLAINTS!!!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   D I M K 0 Votes
I, for one, would like to see a class action suit against them but I don't know if I can get in on it since I'm in Canada. But that didn't stop them from taking my money anyway. Even though they are supposed to only service legal residents of the U.S. and can only ship to and within the U.S. they still allow a Canadian address with a postal code and province to register and a Canadian funds to pay! When I tried to discuss this issue with an online agent via chat they just hung up on me and ended the session. So I contacted my Visa's dispute department to inform them immediately so they are aware of them as a scam company.
 28th of Nov, 2012 by   News Storrm 0 Votes
For ALL OF US that have been ripped off by zbiddy or rockybid.

OK So I have done a little background sleuthing on what is going on with zbiddy and other similar penny auction sites.

This Penny Auction Site zbiddy.com is a HUGE scam.

zbiddy owners plant positive experiences on here (reviewopedia) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs or to join their site. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

And you thought being ripped off 99 bucks upfront was scandalous?
Pshaw! This is just the beginning of your woes! If you were smart enough to REPORT THIS to your credit card company and cut the losses you really haven’t lost that much.

For those of you that chose to use the bids and descend further into this madness here’s the scoop: It’s not even an auction THEY JUST CALL IT that, it’s more like a lottery THAT IS IF IT WAS RUN LIKE ONE, and IT ISN’T!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search “penny auctions”

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that’s bid on. They aren’t in the business to LOSE money and will NEVER sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the “Auction History” section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest & fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, “penny auction website script” and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as this one. You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
For example, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques, that you didn’t read the terms of service or the How It Works Page and you are just unlucky, because hey you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks HONEST!. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it’s just a fake post planted by the zbiddy operators, owners and paid shills.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as “FACEBOOK” and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.

In fact they are so low that they will create fake accounts with stolen pictures of REAL people to simulate happy zbiddy customers who just got that new in the box PlayStation or iPod.

I call it their, “Fake Social Environment” where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to create an illusion that they are a reputable business like Ebay or Amazon. For example they will say, “I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!”

They also run scripts from third world countries which do nothing but spam YouTube and reviewopedia with precanned responses to any critique, for example it will say:

“I guess you need to understand that any penny auction site requires you to buy bids upfront. You need to read the fine print. zbiddy is legit and has been in business for a year”

Anyone can do this… so easy to make money. What these scammers also do is, they MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around Federal Gambling Regulation laws. If the heat gets to be too much, then they shut the scam auction down and re-open under a new name. There is no way to do anything about them really, because they just keep showing up under new websites and new banners. For example rockybid.com and zbiddy.com and a number of lesser known outfits are all operated by the same people. Both of these um “companies” are under investigation by the Florida Office of the Attorney General

Here’s the copy from their website:

The case file cited below relates to a civil — not a criminal — investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.

Case Number: L12-3-1029

Subject of investigation:
Ecom Interactice, LLC d/b/a zbiddy.com

Subject’s address:
2200 S.W. 10th St., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Subject’s business:
Internet – Penny Auction

Allegation or issue being investigated:
Potential 501.204, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices, by penny auction site. Business does not adequately disclose its terms and policies. Consumers allege that they are being charged before granting authorization for payment to zbiddy. Consumers also allege that they are attempting to cancel services and/or request refunds and that they are unable to obtain refunds of unused bids.

I tried to post this information on as many business review sites as possible to warn good honest people and I urge everyone to repost to as many sources as you can.

So rememer how I said that rockybid and zbiddy are run by the same crew?

So here’s the final piece of information I dug up before the leads started to go dark, this one is from the Domain Registration site that currently has this information set to private:

Whois info for rockybids.com

Technical Contact:
Benjamin Grossman (big@gmcap.net)
+1.7184543644

Source:

Both Rockybids and Zbiddy have now hidden this information using whois guard.

Benjamin Grossman appears to be the money behind both of the rockybid and zbiddy operations but a little company named Ecom Interactive, LLC appears to be registered by one Gilboa Merdinger also known as Gil Merdinger. This character is the one behind this ginormous RIPOFF SCAM. He also appears to own a number other lesser known websites that run essentially the same php web template to cheat you out of your hard earned money.

FBI, FTC and BBB have all been inadequate in dealing with this GIANT SCAM so far and I am not holding out my breath. District Attorney Pam Bondi who is heading the Investigation in Florida is my last hope here.

I shall continue to investigate this string of scams, however I urge everyone who has been taken in this Holiday Season to write an email to Attorney General Pam Bondi.

CONTACT HER HERE: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Attorney_General

Demand that a criminal investigation be started into Gilboa “the Brains” Merdinger and Benjamin “the Funds” Grossman. The more people she hears from regarding these 2 GIANT SCAMMERS the more chances there are that something is done.

Oh and please feel free to REPOST anywhere you like ;)
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   Tonni 0 Votes
ZBIDDY.COM is a RIP OFF! I was scammed for about $160. The so called GROCERY COUPONS they auction off & offer so generousily if you have a problem...are only good if you have nothing but time on your hands. They are COUPONS for grocerys! This site is a scam and Im also turning it into the BBB...DONT USE THIS SITE!
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   dollydolly 0 Votes
I am a member since last 11 months on Zbiddy but never faced such clock issues. It couldn't be possible until there is any bug. If there was a bug then Zbiddy should have informed their users/bidders on that auction.
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   dollydolly 0 Votes
I went to Zbiddy and tested the site. Zbiddy is not misleading. Registering is free on this site. If you want to place bids on any auction then you have to purchase their bid package. You can purchase it through paypal.
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   dollydolly 0 Votes
Zbiddy gives evryone a fair chance to win.I am a lucky bidder here.
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   sandraab 0 Votes
i did not get the "registration" charge of $99. i've only been charged for what i bid on. the problem is, i haven't received a tracking number or anything to say my items are on the way! i called my credit card company and closed the account and ordered a new card to make sure zbiddy doesn't charge me for anything else. i take responsibility for the items i bid on and should've checked the site out before using it (a friend referred me to it - won't listen to him again!). i won't ever make this mistake again, that's for sure. i'm our $154.00...
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   hdmls 0 Votes
Zbiddy is really a scam do not use them. They take your money and you get nothing
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   sandraab 0 Votes
update on my comment from dec 4th: today i received emails for the hotel cash cards (myhotelcashcard.com). i looked at their information. they work with a Priceline.com partner booking company, not directly with Priceline.com. the money is a REBATE, not an actual giftcard. you must book your stay first, pay, and then wait up to 48 hours for the amount of the cash card to be credited to your credit or debit card! it would have been nice if the money came off at the time of booking instead of waiting to see IF you get anything back. major hotels were listed on the booking site at prices comparable to other booking sites. you do not have to book right away. the prize is not transferable and cannot be use in conjuction with another cash card. only one cash card used per household per booking.
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   sandraab 0 Votes
addition to my dec 6th comment: i did not find any complaints on the BBB.org site for myhotelcashcard.com. BUT - please take the time to read the terms and conditions, and FAQ! they are written as if you were talking to someone on the street! "if you have a complaint, take it to the person who gave you the card..", etc. very basic. almost unprofessionally written comments. frankly, i don't see myself daring to enter a credit card number with whoever these people are. zbiddy already got me for $154. also, i haven't received the airline certificates i "won" as of yet...
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   sandraab 0 Votes
another update: on the 2-day bahamas cruise for two that i won, i checked the better business bureau for nationwide reservations, the company you redeem your prize certificate through. the company this cruise is booked through received a grade of "F"! lots of complaints! i've learned a valuable lesson from this zbiddy experience: #1) always check something out first before committing financially, even if the info comes from a trusted friend, and 2) the old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true"! at least i closed my credit card and sent for a new one so i won't have to worry about anything happening with that...

Don't be a Money Mule!