logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
3. (1 hr 19 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
4. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
5. (1 hr 52 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Xoom Energy, San Angelo, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Hijacked unauthorized service

Xoom Energy Contacts & Informations

Xoom Energy

Posted: 2012-01-15 by    Jaemwm

Hijacked unauthorized service

Xoom Energy
San Angelo, Texas
I am writing a complaint about this electric company called Xoom Energy. First off, I am NOT a customer of Xoom, what I am...is a HIJACKED customer. I am a customer of another electric company. I have paid my bills w/them with no interruption, then all the sudden I get a bill in the mail from an electric company I've never heard of, talked to, signed up with, seen...etc. Xoom Energy. I instantly called my current electric company to ask what was going on, were they bought out? but no it couldn't be because I just paid my electric bill w/my current company the day before. So they checked the status of my account, and sure enough i had a ZERO balance w/them.
Apparently two days after my current electric company's billing cycle ended, Xoom hijacked my service, disconnected me from my current company and signed me up UNAUTHORIZED to their service, then charged me 178.00 for 7 days worth of services THEY claim I used from their company.
I DONT THINK SO!
My electric company calls this a 'forced transfer'...and for some reason this is legal. IT SHOULDNT BE. EVER. Luckily for me, my electric company will have this resolved in a couple of days, BUT Xoom has the right to TURN OFF my electric service because of this. I don't understand what gives them the right to terminate my account that I signed up for with my current company, then to punish ME, when they were trying to steal money with this fake bill, by cutting my electricity off! How DARE THEY. how dare ANY company that uses these tactics. I would never want to do business with a company that does this to unsuspecting people. My electric company told me that I owe Xoom NOTHING, and not to pay the bill. So I won't, but they might turn off my electricity in retaliation, and then I am to call my current company so they can get it back on ASAP if and when this happens.

If this happens to you, report it to your current electric company ASAP! They will handle it, Xoom will LIE to you, or make false statements about how you signed up w/them. Don't even contact them, contact you actual provider and they will handle it. PAY NOTHING they send you. If you're hijacked you owe them NOTHING, it was an unauthorized switch! Sometimes they do a door to door search, getting names, addresses, and current electric carries...which they use to find you and hijack your services. NEVER answer your door to them, or tell them it's none of their business what your name is, or who your carrier is.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2012 by   MSaez 0 Votes
I'm glad you posted this because I didn't feel comfortable about signing up with them after reading the terms and conditions. I feel a lot better now that I know my instincts where correct. Thanks again and I'm glad your electric company settle the issue. But it does suck that they shut your electric off.
 3rd of Feb, 2012 by   T Diddle 0 Votes
this is fake because xoom energy doesn't send any bills out, you get bills from your current gas provider, not xoom energy. xoom doesn't own and doesn't purchase the lines/pipes/fixtures needed to provide you with your utilities, your current gas/electric company does...so this is fake, research what i'm saying and you'll find that to be true
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   logandeb 0 Votes
And to further the post by @T Diddle:

Xoom Energy only uses Social Media to promote their service, they DO NOT go door-to-door.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   clifornia 0 Votes
xoom energy in California is not saving my any money. They are bothering me to daily phone calls to buy my xoom bill directly to xoom.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   clifornia 0 Votes
xoom energy in California is not saving me any money. They are bothering me to daily phone calls to buy my xoom bill directly to xoom. Another ACN joke.
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   qwerqwer 0 Votes
Signed up for gas in CA for friend favor. Paying more than ever. Xoom DOES send bill for energy alone. Also bill fro socal gas. Locked in for one year or giant cancellation fee!
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   Stop defacing companies to get business! 0 Votes
None of what is written here is true, the only way you could have been hijacked is someone you know did it to you. Check your friends and family for a scoundrel, you'll probably find one. Xooms rates are less than those in California and Texas, I looked them up. Why are you trying to cause trouble for a legitimate and ethical company?
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   LKepecs 0 Votes
I am sorry that you had such a problem with them. I do not understand how an energy account can possibly get hijacked like that. Are you sure it was the company, and not an indepenent representative that signed you up without your knowledge which is highly illegal?
I had signed up with Xoom energy back in November 2011 and my bills have been much much lower- in the amount of 30% to 44% lower than what they were before. I am truly thrilled with their service so far. I even wrote articles how excited I am with their service http://melissasdish.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/review-xoom-energy/
I hope your problem gets resolved soon.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   2cool2fail +1 Votes
According to their website they do send out a bill as well as you continue to get a bill from SoCal Gas..the people who are posting in favor are probably apart of FHTM ...lol google this pyramid scheme
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   folderman 0 Votes
first of all there is deregulation.you have the power to choose where you get you electric or gas.your utility company doesn't own gas or electric.they just are there to transport it to your home or business.there are a lot of companies out there to choose from.i think it is your utility companies fault because xoom energy gets paid from your utility company and it appears on your same bill.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   LKepecs 0 Votes
I do get a bill only from Xoom Energy, and not from Centerpoint Energy anymore. There are some states that may receive useage bills from Xoom, AND distribution bills from their own local carrier, but that is not the case in Texas. The total electric bills including all taxes and distribution charges that I have received with Xoom energy is listed in my review http://melissasdish.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/review-xoom-energy/
Yes, I am a certified dealer of Xoom, and I also use their service, because they are really good, and I've saved a lot of money with them. If I was not satisfied with their service, I would never have written a great review on them. And yes, there are products that I sell through an affiliate link, which I've written horrible reviews on as well. http://melissasdish.wordpress.com/2011/12/15/product-reviews-gardening-equipment/
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   GGC 0 Votes
Have XOOM gas in Southern Calif. Xoom's prices are higher than the regular gas company as soon as you sign on. A total rip off as is ACN.
 11th of Apr, 2012 by   baiken 0 Votes
I am an ACN independant business owner and i do understand that with any company there will always be mixed reviews. I do agree that there has to be a scoundrel whom you may know and has illegally transfered your service. As an IBO of ACN we can not garuntee a savings for your gas and/or electric, so YES Xoom energy may not be your choice for savings...however, the key being that you now have a choice. ACN is a wonderful company and has changed my families life for the better as well as many others i know. This company is very much legal and legit and not for everyone. Think outside the "pyramid" not box. Just remember, people always comment on the bad and never the good. For every 1 complaint, there are 100 satisfied customers. For the person with the original complaint, there should be an ibo number attached to your account through acn and if there is that person needs to be reported to acn for disiciplinary actions. ACN will not tollerate this persons actions. I wish you luck
 10th of Jun, 2012 by   LV Energy 0 Votes
Try a trusted company that truly saves you money on your electric bill. First you need to do research and compare prices, be sure you can review terms and conditions first before ever signing up with any provider. Make sure you know the difference between Variable rates and Fixed rates. Always be sure you are not already in a contract before switching to avoid early termination fees from your current provider. I have been in the energy business since 2009 and I have seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. To report unauthorized switching, or "Slamming" report it to your states Utility Commission. A good link to compare electricity rates and a non-bias company is http://www.cheaperelectricityrate.com I hope this helps you!
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   SimplySalli +1 Votes
The problems re Xoom energy are not about Billing as much as the savings promises. The costs are greater than PGE, SOCAL etc, as you will and DO get charged for both your current company plus Xoom. They need to train their independents better. They target seniors and will not let them out of their contract.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

My costs ARE: $20.00 a month higher on XOOM!

Great news you have a choice: Bad news, it will cost you MORE!
 17th of Oct, 2012 by   goingtothetop 0 Votes
All I have to say is, to those that say negative things about XOOM AND ACN, your just negative people who have nothing else to do but complain an until you get the negativity out of your life, ie: your husband or wife or whatever's causing this negativity, you'll always have a misurable life. For those that tried ACN and it didn't work for you its because you didn't work it according to the S.Y.S.T.E.M. ACN is the best in the world. People give up to quick on things. This isn't a get rich scheme like many others, it's a get rich slow opportunity, an as the saying goes, I'd rather get rich slow than not get rich at all. Once you sign up, you have 1 year until you have to renew, so work it for 1 year and see what happens, don't work it for 1 or 2 months and then complain that it doesn't work. You have to put in the work just like any job, but this is your own business, so you should want to put in the work to get the results you want: FINANCIAL FREEDOM, TIME, $$$$$$. You wouldn't give up on your family, so why would you give up on your business that's gonna provide for your family long after your gone. DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!! So stop making complaints about a company that you know nothing about, do your research, and not negative research, all your gonna get is negative results.
 31st of Oct, 2012 by   Deacond 0 Votes
Hmmmm I live in California and have Xoom Energy as my supplier on record. I love Xoom. I was paying $1.06/per therm with PG&E. Now with Xoom I am paying .43 cents per therm. There are no baseline overages either. AS SOME HAVE POST HERE, unless you have signed paperwork or signed up online, there is no way that your service could be highjacked.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by   posty +1 Votes
Wish I didn't sign up with Xoom Energy. They are sold by ACN (pyramid company) to people. I purchased their gas service and was told I'd save a few bucks. Even if I broke even, I would do it for my friend. My first month I got a bill from my regular gas company and another bill from Xoom, both in different amounts but almost doubling my bill. I called Xoom and they told me that they supply the gas, but the gas company charges for transportation of the gas and taxes. I asked why my bill was double the normal amount, and from my local gas company it appears that they are charging more for the transportation than what I normally paid for everything. The Xoom rep was polite, but could not explain it and simply said that in Southern CA the gas company charges more she guessed. I cancelled immediately which costs $25 cancellation fee within the first year, but saved me way more to cancel than continue. So if you are told it will save you money, research it first, even if it is for a friend.
 19th of Dec, 2012 by   Vinessa Lane 0 Votes
Clean energy is the way to go...watch "The Global Warning" on youtube. You can use all electric and feed power back into the grid and get paid for it. Install solar panels, it creates jobs and takes out the CO2 emissions from the air which will save our Planet from the excess CO2 PPM in the air. Every bit helps on the path we are on if nothing is done now. Wind farms are growing faster than power plants. When States like Texas, which is already on the rise on wind farms, Kansas, South and North Dakota are up and running with wind farms, we will no longer need to depend on foreign oil or even our own and we can shut down these polluting power plants. Zoom is on the wrong path, and it's tied to MLM.
 3rd of Feb, 2013 by   Adevisingh 0 Votes
I have Xoom energy and your friends that sign all of those that put negative comments up didn't obviously clarify that 1) your bills would be separate, as one is for supply and one is for delivery. 2) The rates between SoCal gas and Xoom energy are very competitive and competitive. And for the one who was hijacked, obviously your trusted friend took your social, account number for your electric, etc...I love Xoom energy and am quite satisfied!

How to Avoid Investment Scams