logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
4. (1 hr 33 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
5. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

www.TheHorizonOutlet.com Complaints & Reviews - Not what i thought i was getting!

www.TheHorizonOutlet.com Contacts & Informations

www.TheHorizonOutlet.com

Posted:    todd

Not what i thought i was getting!

I signed up for the horizonoutlet.com posted"credit card," but this is not at all what I thought i was getting. So, i ordered this card, to my surprise, bought into a card that lets me shop at their web sight. Ok, this is not all: the stuff is literally junk. I can buy this at the dollar store if i wanted to. I was also disappointed to find out it cosed me around 75.00 to wait 2 weeks for a product that has as much use to me as a rock.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Aug, 2007 by   darrell pettaway 0 Votes
You really need to let people know what they are getting with this card when people spend their money they like to know what they are buying in to people don't have money to waste on some game you guys like to play.
 20th of Aug, 2007 by   g. malcom 0 Votes
I never would have order such a card if everything had been laid out on the table from the beginning. I too, would like to have my money put back into my account. This isn't worth it. It's not a credit card in the sense that we know, had I been aware of the in-house shopping it offered I would have said thanks but no thank.
 22nd of Aug, 2007 by   Debra Darty 0 Votes
I got my card a few days ago, so I went to there online store and boy was I shocked.There was absolutely nothing on there that i would buy, not even in a regular store. I called Horizon and asked them if I could get my money back and decline this offer. The gentleman told me that even if I never purchased anything it would help me build my credit, but I told him who wants a credit card if they cannot use it for the purpose it was meant for, would you? I agree with everyone else this a scam. I have the notion to go to a newsroom and report this nationally all over the United States. They are taking people for their hard earned money and not thinking nothing of it.
 23rd of Aug, 2007 by   james noel 0 Votes
everybody is correct in saying this card isa piece of shit i wannt my money back also.
 25th of Aug, 2007 by   leonel romero 0 Votes
Everybody is correct is a SCAM, i want my money back ASAP
 27th of Aug, 2007 by   Catherine Sheffield 0 Votes
Reading all of these comments is getting me MORE PISSED OFF!!! To think a Scam of a Company has gotten so many of us!!! What the hell do they think we are signing up for but a REAL CREDIT CARD!! Not some Bul**hit crap that even the "Goodwill" Stores would sell!!! They are all scammers, liars, criminals!! But unfortunately, GOOD LUCK GETTING A REFUND, I've been trying for 45-days now, and just one run around after another! They are exceptionally "GREAT LIARS"

SORRY TO HEAR ALL OF YOU GOT SCAMMED ALONG WITH MYSELF!!!
 27th of Aug, 2007 by   Desley Garner 0 Votes
What a rip off!!! I thought that I was getting a real credit card that would help me financially...
 28th of Aug, 2007 by   marjorie Ventullo 0 Votes
I too ordered the card thinking it was a credit card. So I had called their number. I asked if this was a catalog card and was told no. It was a credit card. I received the card and went to the website. I feel so deceived. This is trash!
 1st of Sep, 2007 by   steven encarnacion 0 Votes
I canceled my horizon junk card before one month was over and i surprisingly received my refund as credit back to my credit card. I threatened them with a district attorney complaint if they jack me around. Their products are pure junk! no name brands, nothing for mens interest. Plus they charge you $14.95 per month for so-called benefits that nobody needs, and $6.00 per month for maintenance fee. They are truly a rip off money hungry scam! These fees they charge monthly are not revealed to you at time of application submission or when you get the card. BEWARE EVERYBODY!!!
 1st of Sep, 2007 by   Theresa Albright 0 Votes
I am so disappointed in the choices we have to but from,it does not look like it is bad things but there is so very little choices. I do not think there is anything I will ever buy so I wasted my money, if I knew ahead of time I would not have gotten this. Sorry!
 6th of Sep, 2007 by   william ketelhut 0 Votes
I wrote to them and demanded our money back have not heard a response yet, probably wont. We also are on a fixed income and we can not afford this stupid card. I do hope they in return my money that card has nothing i want at all in their catalog. It is cheap junk and we will never order any thing at all.
 10th of Sep, 2007 by   margaret parrott 0 Votes
i want to thank all of you for writting a complaint for others like me to read. I just recieved my card today and yes i thought it was a credit card too. All I want is to get my money back. Like you said I am disable and I live on a fixed income and I dont have the money to throw away for some kind of rip of SCAM. If I need help getting my money back I hope I can depend on you guys out there that has already gone through this stuff with horizon gold. Maybe we all need to get together and file a law suit against the company for misleading advertisement what do you think ?
 10th of Sep, 2007 by   timothy maiden 0 Votes
i agree went to their wb site and could not order anything and i was furiated, i since asked to cancel my card and subscription tho this card, its all junk and people need to be aware of this website , please do not buy into this it is a scam.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by   Walter Miller 0 Votes
This should be against the law. It is definitely set up to look like a real credit card. It is hard to tell the difference. A class action law suit would straighten these people out. The benefits are not worth the monthly charges, and the outlet items they offer is definitely junk.
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   Andrea Lozano 0 Votes
I am appalled to learn that I have applied for a card that I cannot use. I need a "real" credit card - not a card to use for purchases from only one company! I just got my card today. I hope I can close this account even if I don't get my money back. It is, however, a lot of money to lose and their merchandise are not desirable. There is nothing in their store that I would like to have so what is the use of having this credit card?
 15th of Sep, 2007 by   cindy rowe 0 Votes
i also think this card is a ripe off i did not think that this card was to shop on line and you people are right the suff is nothing but junk i called and ask for my money back and never recieved it . so who ever thinks that they may want a horizon card don't do it it sucks.
 16th of Sep, 2007 by   JB!@# 0 Votes
Feel like the village idiot. Like everyone else I thought that I was getting a credit card. They can keep the $79 fee. I'll know better in the future. All of the crap that they try to sell can be purchased at wal-mart or any other discount store CHEAPER. Horizon should let people know that the card can only be used "at their store". Hope my family never finds out about the stupid mistake I made.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   traci vandermeulen 0 Votes
i agree this is bullshit what a joke
 20th of Sep, 2007 by   Christopher Tyson 0 Votes
Just like everyone else I was told that this was a major credit card and it is not. I will try to get my money back but I fill that we all have been taken for a ride!!! I can not even get onto the web site to activate this card.
 22nd of Sep, 2007 by   kristin roebuck 0 Votes
I was also mislead about this card. Thinking it was a real credit card and still finding it hard to cancel my account. Never again will I be so quit to jump at any offer to better my credit.

The Dumbest Ways To Borrow Money