logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
dcshippers.com
Guy wanted to take more money and started to yell at me
2. (9 mins ago)

Posted:    margaret altomari

greatfunsite.com

Washington
www.GreatFunSite.com
While completing an order on drugstore.com i was sent to this greatfunsite.com not realizing it. It was for an offer of 20.00 off my next order which i thought was drugstore.com. So i signed up and lo and behold it is a program that charges 11.99 a month. Something i am not interested in and want out of immediately. Drugstore.com is a new site to me and i have been doing some xmas shopping with them but this was the first time i was inadvertently giving my information to another site that i had no knowledge of.

Thank you.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More www.GreatFunSite.com complaints
www.GreatFunSite.com - Never signed up

Comments

30th of May, 2008 by   S.D. 0 Votes
I was on a website to reserve airport parking and I thought I was getting a twenty dollar rebate I found out that I signed up for this service. I called them up and they told me that they would extend my membership for one more month for free. I did not want to sign up for this service.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   dilloartistaol.com 0 Votes
I don't know how on earth I signed up for this thing, but I am extremely upset! After reading the comments on this complaint board, it seems that this company is quite sneaky with its tactics concerning how you get signed up. I do NOT want this card, I am NOT paying for this thing and I am most upset about it. How the heck do I cancel this thing... it's like the great secret of the universe. What a hassle, I don't need any more hassles in my life and I sure as heck don't need to spending a monthly charge for this card when I need 2.3 more gallons of fuel in my vehicle! CANCEL THIS CARD NOW!!! If I cussed, someone would be getting an earful of obsenities right now!
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   Lanny Bollacker 0 Votes
Greetings due to the fact you refuse to accept my telephone calls I will share my message here.
I live in Kansas and I am joining the "Class Action law suit" aginst Great Fun for violation of illeagal membership practices.
I have been asured that I will recieve more that the membership fee you unknowingley charged me for.
Let it be known I too am coming after you.
 31st of Oct, 2008 by   Adalberto Lara 0 Votes
I was making the payment of my credit card on line and I notice only one charge of $11.99 on the stament for lgfun posted on 10/24/08 and asked myself what was that about, I saw this charge before and always wanted to find out about it, so this time I call the number on the statement and they told me that I signed for that card when I was buying something on priceline back in May/08. I told the lady on the phone that I don"t want such membership because I never use discount cards so please cancel it and refund all my money for the previous months, since the first month they started the charges. She said it will be cancelled and was given a #r1008 also told me she will mail some forms to fill and return to get my money for the prrvious months. Please send me an e-mail confirming the cancellation.
Thank you.

pd: I do have charges from l2g utility billing, that is why I never called before regarding lgfun charges, I was confused.
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   nicolae gavrila 0 Votes
Pleace cancelled my, great fun membership.Please send confirmation by E-Mail. thenk you.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Connie Sloan 0 Votes
I, too, suddenly received a confirmation via email to being a member of Great Fun. I never signed up and sent them an email to cancel. Was informed email will not work. Need to call. DAH! I just received a membership card in the mail. I never ordered it; nor do I want it. Not sure how they got my information. I was on drugstore.com. I guess I will NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   shelia cruthird 0 Votes
I was buying some shoes, after paying and giving information . I was transfer to saveing money. It was sure slick how they put us on this great fun. I had no intention on siging up for this and now am stuck. I do not want this and like to end this for all. This is not good for the business that we order from. This will make me not what to order from the internet again.
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   Jane Young 0 Votes
I signed up for classmates.com 3 months ago & a weeks or two later I get a card from Greatfunsite. I never signed up for it don't want it. Just today I get my bank statement & there is a 36.99 charge. I want the card canceled now & my money back. My member no. is 9872-15223428
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Mary 0 Votes
I was reordering checks and the box came up to click for a chance to receive $20 back off next order. Which actually is going to charge me over $12 a month for something I do not want. I will not use this site again for ordering checks.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Mary 0 Votes
totally agree. I do not want any charges taken from my account for this stupid site. It was actually shown when I was ordering checks as a way to receive $20 back on my next order. I had no clue that I was being scammed!!! I would hate to have to file charges against these crooks if they take the first dime from my account.
 1st of May, 2009 by   Cole 0 Votes
OK PEOPLE HERE'S HOW GREAT FUN IS SCAMMING ALL OF US!

So here's the scoop. First of all you cannot cancel your membership to Great Fun on this site because it's not Great Fun's site.

Yes, what happened is you ordered something online and after the order was processed you were offered a $20.00 rebate or the likes. Now as far as I know, there is nothing that says by clicking on that button you are being automatically enrolled in Great Fun's program, but you are. And because they are somehow affiliated with these websites (either legally or illegally hacked into them) that is how they are getting your credit card numbers.

I fell for it too.

The only solution is to call your credit card company and have your credit card renumbered. In other words dispute the Great Fun charges and then tell them to close that account number and reissue you a new card and number. This has been the only way I was able to rectify the situation.

Good luck!

Also, NEVER EVER give your cell phone number to any company online, by doing so you are automatically giving that company permission to enroll you in their (probably fraudulent) company and charge your cell phone company a certain amount of money per month. FYI
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   JIJ 0 Votes
I do not know how I ever authorized this and want it stopped immediately! When I received this card in the mail there was no explanation whatever, and I did not even know why I received it. I just happened to find the website in very tiny print at the bottom. How do these people get away with this?
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   lucien martineau 0 Votes
please cancel my greatfunsite membership asap. mem.#90089047 or i'll contact the attorney general and better buisnnes bureau, in my state. thank you lou martineau. you people make it impossible, to cancel a membership, shame on you !!!
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   soldiermom 0 Votes
These people keep putting me off every time I call them. I just called
and talked to Jessica and she just would not take no for an answer.
But I think i finally got through
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   TRIP RUINED 0 Votes
THIS IS NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CALL 1-877-488-9480 AROUND 4:45-5:00 pm EASTERN TIME TALK TO SANDRA SHE CANCELLED MY CARD AND THE $11.99 CHARGE SHE HELPED EXPLAIN HOW THEY GOT YOUR CARD NUMBER ALSO !!!
SO PLEASE READ THIS I WAS A VICTIM AS YOU ARE IF YOU KEEP THIS CARD@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Oh yeah this was such a scamm I can't believe they are allowed to do this to the people I bought tickets from price line the ask do you want to save a 0/0 off your order you click yes then you get the card NEVER DID IT MENTION YOU GET BILLED $11.99 PER MONTH FOR A CARD THAT ONE COMPANY IN ANY AREA TAKES! So yeah PRICE LINE NEGIOTIATOR duped me a good one cause I didn't get the discount on the tickets and no store or resturant took the card they got 4 months of 11.99 for me haveing just a piece of plastic coated card in my wallet! I wish it said THIS WILL BE A REACCURRING BILL IF YOU TAKE THIS NON EXISITANT DISCOUNT! But at least I was one of the few who got mine cancelled so YOU NEED TO KNOW INFO CALL 1-877-488-9480 around 4:50 at night eastern time talk to SANDRA she will help you out!!
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   steven P 0 Votes
I was also pulled into this scam, after a true credit.com purchase. Did a search and found this site and the phone number an cancelled my account thank you.
But I also called true credit and cancelled there too. I told them If they choose such dirty
advertising clients, I could no longer trust them with my personal Information..
this Is the best way to stop them from this practice. Thanks to all here
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   A.Adam 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE SCAM!!! I didn't know I signed up for this company and didn't notice the recurring $11.99 charge on my credit card until just now. They've been charging me $11.99 since Oct 2009 -- that's 16 months!! I called my credit card company to ask what this charge was about and they called the company. My credit card compnay immidately cancelled the charge and I started talking to "Great Fun" representative. Supposedly, I signed up with their company after accepting a $20 rebate for a hotel reservation -- they said it was Cendant Hotel. Didn't recognize the hotel name, did a search & it's a hotel group that Wyndam Hotels belong to. I went through my emails (since they said they sent me an email confirming membership) and I don't have any emails from them. I finally asked to talk to a supervisor and she said she'll send me the proof that I signed up for their company and once I receive that, I can dispute the charges and get a full refund. The supervisor's name is Latia Lewis and she said I'll receive the documents in 1-2 weeks. So for now, I've cancelled this "membership" and I will not be charged anymore. But to anyone else out there who has been scammed before, you can call the number that the previous poster said: 1-877-488-9480 -- and cancel your membership. And, if you're like me, and have been charged for the last 16 months (that's almost $200!!!) talk to a supervisor and ask them to send you documents so you can dispute it and demand a full refund
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   A.Adam 0 Votes
I found the email that "Great Fun Site" sent me. It was through Travelers Advantage which is part of Trilegiant Corporation. I know I called them to cancel their service but since it was a phone call I don't have a record of it. This Trilegiant Corp is very shady!!! I never received the Travelers Advantage card in the mail, which is how they manage to keep scamming me.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   Shirley Lim 0 Votes
I am new to the United States. They send me a Bank of America $40 Rewards Card (but smartly, without the activation code - 5 digits - the envelope with the activation code was empty) as a welcome gift as a new member of the Great Fun site. My first experiences of being scammed in the US!
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   Karen E. Grotts 0 Votes
After ordering items online from Collectors magazine I was switched to great funs personnel, somehow I ended up signing up for their program thinking it was a discount on my next order from Collectors. I was charged $1.00 for the first month and $11.99 after that monthly. I tried two times to call and cancel and could not get through. I finially got through and told them I wanted to cancel that i had no intentions to use these coupons, the woman then tried to entice me with more free coupon for $100.00 to spend on anything and send in receipts and i would be reinbursed. I repeatedly said no but she did all she could to try to confince me to keep the membership... fininally i said what part on no don't you understand. She then gave me a cancelation number Z12673KK and said no futher charges with be charged to my debit account. Now i have to wait and see if My account won't be charged. They have high pressure personnel..This is no right...When a person says NO, it means NO. This is a scam and should not be allowed. The average person will sign up no knowing it. I"am now afraid to order anything on line.

Taxes 2011 - Refund Anticipation Loans