logo

Tmart.com
informations
5. (19 mins ago)
Arizona Tenants Advocates
scam, thief, liar, tries to intimidate and blame you

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Patty

unauthorized charges

WMV*Match.com
Texas
I just found an unauthorized charge on my account in the amount of $71.94 dated 11/14/2008 by WMV*Match.com 800-326-5161 TX. I do not know what this is for. I googled the name and found that this is a rip-off, they must have stolen my credit card information from another website. I am going to the bank to cancel my credit card and make sure there are no other charges from this company.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Nov, 2008 by   Jose Siman 0 Votes

Unauthorized Charges to Credit Card - WMV*MATCH.COM

My credit card was charged by this company without my authorization.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Susan 0 Votes
I just found the same charge on my account. I asked them to disclose all info on the person that used the number...instead I got a email address to inquire about the transaction. Thanks for nothing! I am on my way to the bank too. Great!!
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   Michael 0 Votes
Getting the same thing as I looked at my charges online. It's 2 pending unauthorized charges. Never been to the Match site, so therefore just as you, have to go to my bank tomorrow as well. Those f*ckheaded losers have done this before on another debit card that I had to cancel.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   cindy grey 1 0 Votes
Our credit card was billed as WMV*Match.com for 34.99 and credited back the same day. The company said it was fraud but would not give any information. Since my husband or I have not used this service, it has of course caused each suspision. No one needs that now-a-days in a marriage. Now we have to change our credit card number. Whoever is doing this should be hung up and castrated.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Bella 0 Votes
WMV*MATCH.COM 800-326-5161 TX also posted an unauthorized/fraudulent charge on my credit card. The credit card company reversed out the charge on the same day it was posted, so they must have been on to this scam. When I called the credit card company, they recommended cancelling the card.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Bella 0 Votes
Oh, one last detail. The charge was for $34.99. The thing that makes me so mad about this is that it costs the bank money to re-issue the card. It is also a hassle as it will take 7-10 days to receive the replacement card - at Xmas time. I live in CT (outside NYC). What states do all of you others that had this same problem live in? I've heard about these scams where guys sit in their cars and have a computer that is rigged to rip off credit card numbers as they are swiped when you make a purchase. Isn't wireless technology wonderful. I wonder if this is that scam. I have used this particular card so little, that I'm guessing it is some scam like this. Kudos to the credit card company for reversing out the charges the same day.
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   madge rowden 0 Votes
I WAS TOLD THE CHARGE TO MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE DELETED. I HAS
APPEARED ON MY BANK OF AMERICA ACCOUNT.

DATE:01/20 reference no. 3311
aaccount number:5867

please remove...madge rowden
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   madge rowden 0 Votes
just be careful. and I will be careful too
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   Jonathan 0 Votes
I went online to pay my chase bill. I made a payment for 100.00. I decided to check my activity history (something i never do) When i checked I found a charge on 02/07/09 that was posted to my account on 02/08/09 from WMV*MATCH.COM in the amoutn of 59.67!!! WTF?!?! I dont even know what that is. and i made no such charges. I called my bank that instant. They didnt hold me responsible for the charge and told me they would issue me a new card. but im upset. The Fact that someone stole from me makes me feel as though it can happen again. No matter how careful I am. This isnt right. I shoudlnt have to keep changing cards just because its getting harder to keep money from people who steal. I dont even make that much to begin with! freakin loosers! AND WHO EVER OUT THERE IS DOING THIS>>>>>YOU NEED TO STOP AND YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS.
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   LemonyFreshSmurf 0 Votes
Found a pending charge from these guys this morning for 35 dollars. Ran to the bank immediately (had to cash in my paycheck anyway) and had them shred my card and issue me a new one. My account is temporarily frozen to block the charge, but now it blocked my car insurance company's automatic withdrawal. Now I have to call them and explain. Luckily the people at the bank rock and said they'd fax them to vouch for me. What's the deal? Who the gently caress are these people?
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   newyorkny 0 Votes
match.com just charged my card $129 without authorization and WILL NOT REFUND IT. What is wrong with this company????
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   Holly 0 Votes
I am in GA and just noticed a charge on my debit card for $34.99 for wmv match.com. Of course I didn't authorize this. Luckily I work in the payment card industry so I knew exactly what to do. Cancel my card immediately and not waste time trying to get an explanation from the company. I train people on card fraud prevention for a living and it happens to me! Just goes to show you can never truly be safe. Visa and Mastercard back the banking industry on fraudulent charges so you will not be held responsible.
 15th of Mar, 2009 by   angry 0 Votes
FYI... WMV*Match.com strikes again... it got my card. it was also for 34.99. i have NEVER been to match.com. i've never even gone to the website url! much less USED the site! are you kidding? anyways, i'm going to cancel my card. but, i know that whoever did this is out there and is reading this, because if I knew my ass was going to jail i'd b reading up online to see how widespread the complaints are too... so... to the person reading this that conducted it...

FUCK YOU! I'm a college FUCKING student! Who had 40$ to my name, and you took 34.99$ of it!!! so... i have 5.01$ plus some change i got from the metro. and i have to live on that until i get a new FUCKING card, cuz i belong to a FUCKING credit union that doesnt have a FUCKING location in Washington, D.C. so i can't even go to a bank to withdraw money without a card! FUCK YOU! luckily, im not an ASSHOLE like urself, so i hav friends that can help me thru this hard time. but u my friend, are a FUCKING ASSHOLE to steel from ppl w/ very little money as it is! i'll b on ramen and water until i get my card cuz ur an ASSHOLE! i hope u ROT in jail!
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   mramosc 0 Votes
I also just got and unauthorized charge from "WMV*MATCH.COM"... I just wonder; does it actually have anything to do with Match.com? or is it just some thieve using a similar name in order to conbfuse people?
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   nunyabusiness 0 Votes
Newest victim? Well that would be me. I am disabled and have very limited income, I can't afford to give the idiots 34.99 x2 (Yes, they charged me twice in one day. Total? $70!). for now the dummies have a hold on my account. I have contacteed my bank twice already they said, "Until the charge becomes an actual post to the account and the money is taken out, we cannot do anything." How the heck are the people getting all this information, and through several different states and bank credit cards.

MATCH.COM, go take your stupid game and stick where the sun don't shine. I have never heard of you or your website until this crap came up. If you can;t run a CLEAN business, What's the use to even try? I hope you life sucking, money grabbing, RETARDS get caught. And I hope they find a very special ploace for ya'll in prison, like maybe under the jail? AWAY WITH MATCH.COM.
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   WANTMYMONEYBACK 0 Votes
Me too. It happened to me on March 30. I haven't checked my online statement recently, but for some reason I did yesterday. And my balance didn't match my ledger. $34.99. May be not a lot for some, but hey, we are a six person household, 4 of them kids, I am going to school 4 days a week, and that could be my gas to get me there. It could be my kids next meal. Called the number, was given email, so I emailed, still no response. So what I wanted to know...do we actually get our money back? I know cancel card, change account whatever. But the big thing is, they STOLE our money, do we get it back? And has anyone tried to take it higher? Someone has to stop these people!! By the way, for some humor, I go to school evenings 4 times week, work 7 AM to 11 PM saturday and sunday...have no time for my husband, so really, how do I have time to meet singles? LOL. Just some humor for you all.
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   myfeethurt 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me on March 31. Two charges to match.com. Also a $112 charge to FTD.COM. Thankfully Wells Fargo caught it that day. They canceled my card and reissued another. I also got all my money bak. I am happy to know that I am not alone in this but I still feel violated.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   dontask 0 Votes
You have to cancel the membership within three business days of the charge to get a refund.

Here is the email they sent when I called to cancel:

Notification of Issue Escalation

Description:
Entered on 04/22/2009 at 10:36:51 by x x:
Thank you for contacting Match.com.

You, the buyer, may cancel this agreement, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the sellers
third business day following the original date of this contract, excluding Sundays and holidays. To cancel this
agreement, mail or deliver a signed and dated notice, or send a telegram which states that you, the buyer, are
canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect. This notice shall be sent to:

Match.com.L.L.C.
Attn: Refund Request
P.O. Box 12305
Dallas, TX 75225, USA

Please include your Match.com username and email address in any correspondence or your refund may be delayed.

If you cancel your subscription agreement within such three day period, we will refund the full amount of your
subscription.

In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate shall be entitled to a refund of that
portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the
event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use the services of Match.com) before the end of your
subscription period, you shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription
which is allocable to the period after your disability.

You may resign your Match.com subscription at any time. When you resign, your billing stops immediately, and no new
charges will be billed to you unless you re-instate your subscription. However, if you resign after the third day of your
initial subscription period, you will continue to have access to your account for the remainder of your subscription period
and you will not receive a refund unless: 1) you resign within three days of your initial term; 2) you become disabled
before the end of your subscription period (such that you are unable to use the services of Match.com); or 3) you die
before the end of your subscription period.

Recommendation: Please print this page for your reference and/or records.

For immediate answers to most questions, visit our help section at: <#faq#>

Your Partners in the Search for Someone Special,
Match.com Customer Care
1-800-926-2824

How are we doing? Please take a minute to complete the following survey on our email response and your match.com
experience. Please double click on the link below to launch the survey.

eType=customer

Eileen M
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Kewlwaters 0 Votes
Well, WMV Match.com got my card as well. We check our bank account activity online daily, and saw two charges, (that we did not make), to WMV Match.com. One charge was a little over $107.00, and the other charge was for 39.99. I canceled my card and then I went to my credit union, and filled out the fraud forms, and per their suggestion, I called the local county sheriff, who came to my home and took the report. I was assigned a case number to pass along to the Dallas, TX District Attorney's office, as Dallas is where Match.com is based. I left the DA a message, but no one ever called back.. Now, here's the kicker to this...ALL THIS HAPPENED ON MY WEDDING DAY!

I now see that the $107.00 charge has been credited to my account, but am still out the 39.99. No one from Match.com, the Dallas District Attorney's Office, nor my credit union has called me back on any of this. I have concerns that the county sheriff's office just isn't equipped to effectively investigate this type of fraud complaint, and the Dallas D.A.'s office didn't even respond to a phone call, therefore the person or persons responsible for stealing all of this money is continuing to get away with it.
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   nanderson 0 Votes
My husband and I like all of you are on a very tight budget given the hard economic times, well this morning as we checked our bank account, MVM Match.com charged our card $34.99 putting our account in the negative and then on top of that the bank charged us 35.00 overdraft charge. We had everything budgeted to the very penny, we just bought a new house and have been using every cent to get into it and these people took the last bit of money we had. I cancelled my card as soon as I could call into the customer service center at 7 am est. What is wrong with these people...it seems as though evil people live forever and cause so much havoc for people but goodhearted people die young or too early...I just do not understand.

Are Energy Drinks Worth the Money?

Latest Groups