Oven door won't close

553 benson road
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Phone: 18002531301
I am writing in reference to my Gas-Oven Range (model# KGSA906PSS00, serial # XR4312386). I purchased my apartment in October 2007. The apartment already had in place the kitchen aid gas-oven range. Upon purchase, we noticed the oven door would not close correctly. It was not properly sealing. I called Kitchen Aid, which then forwarded the service call to A&E appliance service. A&E came and repaired the door, which I paid roughly $300 to fix.

Recently the same problem occurred. The door will NOT close properly. Either the hinges on door were not installed correctly by A&E in October of 07, or the oven has a permanent defect that no service company can fix. A&E sent another repair representative to look at. He saw NO structural damage to oven that would stop the door from closing. He said the only solution was to repair door hinges again, but that I would have pay same amount again. I talked to several supervisors at Kitchen Aid and A&E appliance service, but neither was willing to help me in this frustrating situation. Also, neither could provide me with a general solution to the problem, but insisting that I go forward and have repaired at my expense.

I am asking that either Kitchen Aid or A&E take responsibly here. I will NOT pay for additional service to my over door, nor will I back down from this dispute until justice is served. A&E claims to have a 90 day warranty policy. When they came in October 07, they never made us aware of such a policy and I never agreed or signed to anything of that nature. How should I be responsible for the same problem? What happens if I have A&E repairs again, and then same problem occurs on the 91st day? These are questions that both A&E and Kitchen Aid could not answer. Please do not respond to me about your service/warranty policies once again. You are wasting your time. I am aware of both polices and will not be satisfied until my oven door is repaired, free of charge.

Please advise that the following letter has been sent to both Kitchen Aid and A&E. Also this letter has been CC’d to the following agents: Federal Trade Commission, New Jersey Division on Consumer affairs, Better Business Bureau, Consumer Federation of America, US Consumer Product Safety Commission, and Ask Asa at www.wnbc.com/askasa.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances
Was the above complaint useful?

24th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have a Whirlpool built in oven, electric, model number RBS275PD. The door won't seal, to cook or clean. It looks like someone has leaned heavily on the door when it was open. I can't get to the underside of the oven due to the cabnets. Is there a way to fix it on the outside without losing the springs. I have read some letters about being unable to put a door back on.
Hope you can help.