Awful place

Wendy's International
Even though Wendy's calls Dublin, Ohio, home, and does alot of corporate waste in the Metro-Columbus, Ohio area??? This was the LAST time I go to Wendy's! And, I have NO qualms what so ever about telling friends, family and co-workers to save their money and go any where but Wendy's!!

And I live less than a mile from where today's fun adventure started!

My "experience" started with me pulling my car to the order speaker, (there was one car ahead of me and one behind me and maybe 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot--hardly what I'd consider busy at 1:26:07 PM!)knowing what I wanted and the order taker's ever so polite and warm greeting of "So, you gonna order or what?" Next, when I went to pay and had the same "gentleman" yell, " I don't do dishes!" rather than thank me as he handed me my change. At the next window, I was handed a small bag, and as I peered in I noticed no straw, and then turned back to the window where the young "lady" was shoving my drink into my car. I took the drink, opened the lid and noticed that this was NOT what I had ordered. (I've learned to check when ordering ice tea and asking for lemmon!) I handed the drink back and said that not only wasn't there any lemmon, there was barely any ice. Her response was they were "out" of lemmon?? And then I watched her try and shovel a scoop of ice into a full drink. (Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that ALL this was going to do was displace some liquid.) She handed me back a dripping and dribbling cup, and I shook my head in amazement as she then wanted to debate the point why I needed extra napkins??? (Oh, I also had to show her the bag to convince her that I didn't have a straw! Thanks Cynthia!)

When I got home?? My single with just oninons and ketchup? If you guessed this wasn't what I got? You'd win the prize! I got a sandwich dripping with mayo, mustard, pickles, a small piece of lettuce, a tomato and yes, there was an onion and a gallon of ketchup! The fried were ice cold in what hardly consituted a full container!

You bet I called! I was told at first, call back the manager was too busy to take a call?? I stuck to my guns and ended up with a woman who was going to "tell me" about "my" experience? Shock and suprise when she told me to stop yelling, even though I maintained a very neutral tone in a normal speaking voice through out our "conversation" and when this was pointed out to her?? Her response was that she could "now" understand me?? And her response to my "great experience"? She offered me the free meal, and then hung up on me! So I suppose. anyone can go to this store and say that they'd called in about a meal that was screwed up on Sunday August 31, 2008 around 1pm, and get a free meal????

Guess I try and get a hold of the Hudson Street Columbus Ohio GM (who according to my sales slip is Tim Schoondard from Store #112) and give him a chance to explain his staff's less than stellar customer service and why on a long weekend, his produce order did not anticipate customers ordering ice tea and asking for lemmon with their tea?? And then there's the issue of the slop on a bun. One would think that if the customer doesn't want the tomato and other goop, that there would be this policy somewhere that would connect the dots from less stuff translates to saving the company a penny or two here and there will add up and reduce waste?? I guess that is another one of the contributing factors on why Wendy's has slipped in sales and why they were just bought out! (We won't even factor in how poor customer service has contributed to their fall!)

At this point? I don't want a free Wendy's meal! I want my $5.68 back!

And I am another that will never again go to Wendy's!!
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Wendy's International - No good manager
Wendy's International

Listening in to the restaurant manager with this brig Sundries employees and runs every time to see other girls and leave their work and I understand that the store was transferred for the same reason you see this hope will be dismissed that very bad example for people who come to the restaurant manager with a wife and kids seeing that this restaurant used is located in W. HEMSTEAD 28, 65 HEMSTEAD Turnpike, W. HEMPSTEAD, NY 11552 U.S. take corresponding measures will be greater because the complaint.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Wendy's International - Stay away
Wendy's International

Ask at the counter for a double burger without cheese and they will gladly serve it to you. MOST Wendy's only list a double with cheese on their price board above the counter. They will CHARGE THE FULL PRICE but will verbally order to leave off the cheese. That's .25 theft from any unsuspecting patron. I have complained and some have changed the order to a single with an extra patty at the correct price. One in particular her in Charlotte, NC gets nasty. I have stopped eating there. I do know that other Wendy's do the same.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Wendy's International - Scammers
Wendy's International

I have $30 worth of coupons for food from Wendy's. NO EXPIRATION DATE. Today they refused to accept them.
The manager said they stopped accepting them in January. THIS SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW.

I'm trying to get satisfaction There are bar codes on the back of these coupons. They were given as a Christimas gift, a year ago last Christmas. I always understood if there was no expiration date on a coupon it had to be accepted.

The manager of Wendy's s at Pasadena Florida needs to be advised he's wrong, and his company is stealing from me.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
It's possible the coupons aren't from Wendy's(they were counterfeit). It's also possible that particular Wendy's doesn't accept those coupons (Most coupons say at participating restaurants only). As a past Wendy's manager, I know we used to have gift certificates, but now you have to convert them to gift cards. So, it's possible that manager didn't know about the old gift certificates, misunderstood his boss telling him they no longer take them, or miscommunicated the situation to the customer. Last, its possible the complainant didn't see the expiration date.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
As a past Wendy's manager, for a combo, cheese is no charge. As a sandwich, there is a double hamburger(no cheese). Interestingly, you can't add extra meat, so I think the people charging for an extra patty are the ones cheating you ( just making up a price, which is not posted)
 4th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I don't understand what this person is saying, do you?
 21st of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes

Wendy's International - Lack of service....
Wendy's International

On several occasions I have been continually disappointed with the service of your Wendy's on rt 50 in Heidelburg, pa. Every time I go there there is a line around the drive thru and inside is usually even longer lines. This last time, I waited inside for a coffee because the drive thru was wrapped completely around the building. Jo one inside seemed concerned with speed or service. There were 4 different customers waiting simultaneously for their food for several minutes. All of the employees casually went thru the motions of their job. I even witnessed an employee leaning on the counter and eating candy while he could have been helping to expedite the situation. After waiting 10m inside, I gave up and took my chances with the drive thru. When I finally was served my item, I was also able to see inside the restaurant. There was food on the floors and everything was a mess. This may well be the last time I ever eat at this location.

Someone needs to retrain the management and the employes on how to run a restaurant. Speed and customer service do not seem to be important to this branch.
 1st of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I agree, I had the experience of being in the Lobby at Wendys in riverview, fl. apparently they were having a manager meeting. the supervisor was so busy degrading her managers that she did not even notice that customers were staring. IF district supervisor is rude, disrespectful whatd more can you expect from the restaurant staff. The first time I witnessed this, I thought It was a one time occurrence, however I've witnessed it several times. It seems that Wendys encourages this from Top to bottom. I no longer go to this Wendys due to such experiences and tell everyone about.

Contact Us