logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
4. (1 hr 33 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
5. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

WC *Value Plus 800 475 1942 MN Complaints & Reviews - Do not let this company scam you!

WC *Value Plus 800 475 1942 MN Contacts & Informations

WC *Value Plus 800 475 1942 MN

Posted:    Kim Mc.

Do not let this company scam you!

I can't contact this company to stop this and the only reason I figured this out is because it made my account balance over limit. I am careful usually and I don't even use this card anymore because the interest is ridiculous. Has anyone out there figured out how to contact them and set them straight?

What kind of products have people out there ordered before they discovered that this company started showing up on their credit card statement? I know myself I ordered Lens Dr the liquid eyeglass repair stuff that you fix horrible scratches so you don't have to buy another pair of glasses. Since figuring this out I have probably spent that much because I didn't notice these charges until now. They are charging me 16.95 and have been since Feb. at least. I am so mad it is ruining my mother's day with my mom. She is sitting in the other room while I try and figure out how I can fix this problem but because it being Sunday no one is answering any phones even my credit card company. So I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to flip out all over again.

DO NOT LET THIS COMPANY SCAM YOU

If you order something just order that product when they ask you if you want this and that say no. No special speedy delivery or anything besides the product at least that is how I think I got this charge on my account. Who knows I will never order anything online again.

Which stinks because I don't drive and this comes in handy occasionally.

Thanks for listening,
Kim
New Bedford, MA
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of May, 2008 by   Pastimus 0 Votes
Kim, I planned on cancelling before the 30 days, then I saw this on my bank statement: WC *VALUE PLUS-V 800-475-1942, but with so much stuff going on in my life, I forget easily (Which is what they hope you'll do). I called them after hours and a machine told me to just go to:

and fill out some of the information, it should stop all future transactions.

Hope this helps.
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   zombamafoo 0 Votes
I didn't realize that was a phone number! thanks, Pastimus.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   Darryl 0 Votes
I am happy you posted your complaint. I had this charge show up out of the blue. I called them and got it canceled and hopefully a refund.
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Stephanie Baxter 0 Votes
This SCAM is just brilliant!! I ordered the Pedi-Paws for my dogs. That is how they got my account number. But the really funny thing about this one is that I only had a certian amount of money in my account. That was for the product. I didn't know that they were signing me up for any thing, so when I checked my account and found that WC Value Plus got to my account BEFORE pedi paws did, I just called and they are reversing the charges. My bank is really good about stuff like this, if they didn't reverse it then my bank will make them. I just sent Pedi paws a e-mail telling them how I felt about this scam, and that they got what they deserved..
If I have to re order, then I won't. They are involved with a scam. Plain and simple.
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   Scammed 2 0 Votes
The same thing has just happened to me! I ordered the pedi paws and was then double charged for 16.95! I have cancelled my CC and Im getting a new one. I also called the number and the customer support guy was a jerk, telling me that maybe I should read the fine print more carefully. Maybe this company should not be such deceptful greedy crooks!!!
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   ecyrba 0 Votes
This company will not return my money after charging me twice for the product. the keep saying it will be refunded but after 6 months and 25 calls, still no refund. They are typical of the companies that intentionally structure their company to refuse refunds even if they steal from you.
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   frankrizzothefirst 0 Votes
If you've been charged by this, it's your lucky day.

The reason you got signed up is greed, it's not bad, its in human nature. You buy something by the telephone or internet, say a snuggie blanket. they offer you a $50 gift card or you click on $25 gift card. You accept that, your signed up.

I work for the company that does customer service for value plus, fun source, budget savers, FOH. I have to admit, it is a good scam, but it's all legit.

I've got to admit, I wish I'd thought of this, man, if you could see some of the accounts, $4, 000+. OMG
I feel sorry for these people that get so far behind on their CC bill, that they just pay the minimum and don't even look at the charges.

If you've ever been charged for this, call 800-475-1942, give them your info and just request a full refund. Let the operator know you want 'all' your money back (get that out in the open right away). Our scripting doesn't allow us to tell you anything you don't ask.

Here's the key questions.

1. What memberships do I have? (get membership numbers) (ask them to search with old telephone numbers and addresses, have them all ready) (we can search with last name zip code, first name last name as long as it isn't Smith, telephone number, first six and last four #'s of your CC. Have old CC numbers ready) Do I or have I had any memberships in the past? (don't let them say 'well, I don't see anything else on my screen) use vague words like all my memberships, I want all my money.

2. How long have I been charged for these memberships? (keep track of what memberships have been charged how much)

3. Would you send me a refund request form for all the memberships I've ever had.

Make sure you have your Membership Number and amounts in order because if you ask for too much, 'our consumers affair department' will deny your claim.

This company makes plenty of money daily, don't feel bad about asking.

Good luck allyaall and don't be afraid to ask questions
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   Kasy 0 Votes
i found out about this when i came to visit family down south, i checked my bank account and it turned out a lot of my money i had in there the other day was completely gone! i ended up in the negative and now i'm so worried on how im going to get home. they charged me $24.95 4x!!! plus some other company got hold of it and its doing the same thing.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   ge000 0 Votes
very posative to say the least!!!
ge000
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   momoftwins96 0 Votes
I called my CC company today and had this company blocked. When I called to findout who they were they gave me the run around. I asked what does your company do and why is this on my CC. RUN AROUND. I will also be going into my bank and filing a complaint.

Is Amazon.com linked to these people?
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   TRB 40 0 Votes
They did it to me twice and I have no idea what for. They charged me $24.95 twice in the same day!! I only noticed when I got an email warning from my bank that my money in my account dropped below a certain amount and I knew that could not be right since I have not spent any money! These people have got to be stopped!!!
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   Adrian W 0 Votes
This company's fraud will be reported to the MN BBB by me and should be by all taken by this scam. I am waiting for a "request for refund" form from the company because I did not know about their charges until my last credit card statement, which includes two monthly charges of $24.95. Also, reported the unauthorized charges to my credit card company, just in case I do not get my refund.
 3rd of Feb, 2012 by   C.Hill 0 Votes
I reviewed my credit card statement and found a charge for $24.95 from SEM* Value Plus 800-475-1942 MN and have not and did not order anything. I will be reporting the unauthorized charge to my credit card company as a disputed charge
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   alabama madddd 0 Votes
CHECKCARD WC *MON VALUEPLUS MINNETONKA MN ON 06/27

got hit 3 months... noticed it this month and filed a claim. BoA called them and asked for the information and stated it was "stealing informaiton" and they were quick to do full refund.

I asked them for a membership number and what I bought, they couldnt tell me. Full Refund.

Imagine how many people miss a 25.00 charge and never say anything. Money hand over fist just taking it from people. Should be illegal to do shit like this. Unless you can provide my signature, your stealing!
 14th of Mar, 2014 by   OutragedMan 0 Votes
This scam is horrible! They've been charging me for the past 7 months at $24.95 a month. Its like everyones said. I never really noticed it until it overdrafted my account. Now I have a $25 OD fee and no gas to get to work. I finally got them to answer and the lady kept trying to give me the run around. Explaining that the membership I have offers discounts at so and so and can provide me with "great" shopping ideas. When i asked about even signing up for the membership she placed me on hold for 5 minutes then came back to try and give me the run around again. I told her I wanted my membership cancelled and all the amount refunded and she placed me on hold again. Then when she came back she tried advertising more "services!!" I asked for a refund form and then she hung up on me!! This is outrageous! Someone needs to put an end to this madness. Does no one have any good morals left? Why has people broken sown to stealing from the working man?
 1st of May, 2014 by   boykinator 0 Votes
We just got hit too. No idea who this is or what it is for. Our bank will check further into it. What a complete rip-off!!! These people/companies have got to be stopped! Total crock of s*%#. More so that they legally get away with it.
 8th of Sep, 2014 by   ClintonH 0 Votes
I just caught this on my account. They have been taken out $24.95 out of my account, 19 times. I don't know what I bought or signed up for. I hate that it has taken me this long to identify. I called as soon as I noticed the pending charge, and they will refund this month's charge. I didn't ask for anything else. The woman that I spoke with told me that I had signed up for the program and accepted a $20 gift card. I had 30 days to cancel the trial membership. Apparently I didn't cancel. I find it weird, however, that I have not received anything in the mail for this service that is supposed to provide me all of these benefits.

Tips