logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
YES! Communities
Dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
2. (3 mins ago)
Gehan Homes
Defectively constructed my home
3. (7 mins ago)
JDM Tiger Japanese Auto Parts Ltd.
missing parts to engine
4. (10 mins ago)
Calvert Quilt Shop
Horrible Customer Sevice
5. (16 mins ago)
Pay Power Visa
Took money and never applied to prepaid debit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Walmart / Great Value Dishwasher Detergent Complaints & Reviews - It has ruined my drinking cups which I just purchased

Wal Mart Contacts & Informations

Walmart / Great Value Dishwasher Detergent

Posted:    Malkin

It has ruined my drinking cups which I just purchased

Walmart
walmart.com
I purchased great value dishwasher detergent, and I have used it 3 times..it has ruined my drinking cups which I just purchased from Sams, measuring cup, etc. It leaves a thick white chaulky residue on everything. I can not get the white substance off. I have washed by hand and everything still has the white residue on it. What can I do to get rid of the powder stuck on all my dishes...Cascade never did this to any of my dishes.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2010 by   shoppergalone 0 Votes
I have had the same problem with Great Value dishwasher detergent. I used it for years with good results, now everything is covered with a thick white film and the dishes don't come clean. I'm glad I googled this before I bought a new dishwasher.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   No more dish detergent for me 0 Votes
its because of the new phosphate ban...my dishes are coming out that way too with other detergents. I am going to ditch them all for a mix of borax and washing soda with vinegar in the rinse.
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   The Frizz 0 Votes
In addition to the other faults, the GV Dishwashing powder makes an odor that will run you out of the kitchen. Has about the same effect as sniffing ammonia. If a refinery put out this kind of smell, EPA would shut them down.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by   feathergirl 0 Votes
tried for the first time last week, after using and putting away the dishes, i noticed a funky smell in the kitchen, so washed out the garbage bin, took the dishwasher apart thinking something was clogged, poured drano down the sink, still could not locate the source of the smell. the dishwasher was empty at the time. next load of dishes, the smell became amplified. pondered the"great value" of the soap pellets, but put the (whitefilmed) dishes away anyway. the smell lingered around the kitchen a couple days until the next load of dishes, i used the GV ones again, and attributed the funky smell to the fish residue on the dishes from the previous night's dinner. but after the dishes were washed the funky smell lingered. next load of dishes, i used a leftover cascade pellet., the smell was gone after, both in and around the dishwasher area. suspected but not convinced it was the soap, i mean, why would soap smell BAD? so i used a great value pellet again just now, the smell is immediately back! i decided to look it up to see if i was crazy. i'm not :) this stuff is truly disgusting! thowing away immediately.

10 Scams of Christmas. Beware!

Latest Groups