logo

VCA Animal Hospital

Posted:    Asimegusta

Fraud

VCA Animal Hospital
VCA gives customers a discount card which states "board your pet for 9 days and get the 10th for free.

At VCA Animal Hospital in Clearwater, FL. I boarded my pet for 9 days. When I asked to have the discount card validated for the 9 days, I was told that they count each boarding stay as one day. Only day was validated. This contradicts what is stated on the card and constitutes false advertising.

Other issues with VCA Gulf Bay, Clearwater, FL:

1. Unwillingness to record medical exams onto pet's health records. It was necessary to demand and insist and the veterinarian was very uncooperative, yet the exam in question was their prerequisite for boarding. Obviously, it is not recorded, it could be required again by them without mention of it on health records.

2. Non disclosed extra charges for services not asked for added to final bill. When questioned why extra services were performed, the answer was, it's a package. I asked for nail-clipping. I was told my cat was given a bath etc. Since when do you bathe cats. They should have informed me that if I asked for nails clipped, I would be charged for a package grooming kit. I would not have opted for that.

3. No boarding options, whereas other VCA do have options for cats, only the most expensive option is available. Boarding was about 30% more expensive than other VCA's used.
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Dec, 2010 by   Fleix 0 Votes
They only pay the doctors commission around 20% of the bill. So the vet has to build it up to make money.
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   Mookie Wilson 0 Votes
In response to the party defending VCA Animal Hospital, I suspect that this party is an employee of VCA or a veterarian who has been sued & definately not a proffessional judging by the foul language attack on the complaintant they responded to. We also recently had a negative experience with VCA getting multiple explainations of services which conflicted & excessive estimates & charges. Fortunately we got suspicious & consulted other vets in our area & cancelled our appointment with VCA. Should you like further validation google "Pissed Consumer" complaints or other sites & you will find countless complaints concerning VCA. We are now using a top rated vet in our area @ a third of VCA's quoted prices & delighted we did so & our pet is alive & healthy. Pet lovers beware of VCA !
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   yorkie,minpin owner 0 Votes
The Vet was very demeaning toward coworkers making me very uncomfortable. When we arrived we were told we had no appointment but they did have an appointment for the same time with dogs of the same breed as mine and the same issues.DUH Imagine that! Our entire experience was one of unprofessionalism and out right blasé attitude toward clients and animals./ I would NEVER recommend these "care givers" I am also cancelling my grooming appointment. I hope you see these complaints against you and I will never darken your doors again!
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   yorkie,minpin owner 0 Votes
Accept responsibility for actions and PLEASE do not claim you have another client with same breed of dog with the same disease. I will never bring my little dogs to your office and no wonder you have so few clients and I think the whole office should read a book or do some type of mental exercised and remember you are there to provide a service and not to squeeze every dime out of your client. I will NEVER be back to your office. I firmly believe that your office is not only dirty but full of those putting in their time to get their paycheck. The worst vet experience I have ever had!!!

Choosing an E-book Reader