logo

Harassment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Value Plus $25.00 Gift Card & Discount Savings Complaints & Reviews - Scam and fraud!

Value Plus $25.00 Gift Card & Discount Savings Contacts & Informations

Value Plus $25.00 Gift Card & Discount Savings

Posted:    Sonia Smith

Scam and fraud!

This was offered to me by a telemarketer offering a $25.00 giftcard including savings between 20% to 42% at restaurants of choice, retail store purchases and etc. Check for the website to claim my $25.00 giftcard and there is no such site listed www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/gc. A so call subscriber number sent to me # 1121791293 to log on. I called to cancel and they are still billing me on my debit card. As I was checking their website I saw this agency and decided to send in complaint.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of May, 2007 by   carol ann donato 0 Votes
Hi, i was just getting ready to send in for my "free" $25.00 gift card when i noticed your post. Well, seems like i can save myself postage stamp, lol. We see the letters with an acct. # and think it's legit, but, guess not! I will also be giving them a call or write if they continue to pull money out of my bank account. Amazing how you people sound so familiar when telling your story, cause I've had similar experiences with other company's taking my money and not realizing who they were. I had called one, sorry, cannot remember who right now, but, i gave them ole hell and told them they had better credit back my money or else i'd have their a--! They refunded me without any problems. You didn't tell us the outcome of your situation, whether you contacted them or not? If you were able to get your money back? Thank you for your post. Certainly woke me up... :)

Regards,
Carol
 12th of Jun, 2007 by   Mark 0 Votes
First of all may I just point out that anyone and everyone who has these memberships has ordered them. It doesn't matter if it was on accident or not. If someone says "Do you agree to the terms and conditions of the offer" and you say "yes", it doesn't matter if you were really paying attention or if you even understood. If one does not wish to have a membership call the number provided (in about 3 different ways) and cancel. The company may have shit for benefits but they are not a scam and you can claim your $25 gift card by:

1.) going here: http://www.valueplusonline.com/gcform.html
2.) click the red link/button that says, "Download & print your Gift Card Request Form"
3.) You will then download a PDF file (this is the form)
4.) Print it out
5.) Fill it out
6.) Send it
7.) After receiving the form the company will send you (in the mail) a selection letter.
8.) Select what store you want the gift card for (walmart, bestbuy etc...) and then send that in.
9.) 8-12wks (i know, a ridiculous time frame) later you will be the owner of a brand new gift card.

(*I just checked this website it is up and operational*- So if anyone is experiencing problems it is probably due to the settings on your computer.) There are also other web addresses for other memberships.
I would also like to say that I actually feel sorry for this company because truly they have you by the balls because you are on tape saying "yes Giv' me yo membashipz"(maybe not exactly like that [they use to play the tapes back but customers would try and say it was someone impersonating them, so that got old]) and they still refund the money of people to who ask for it. I quite frankly don't believe people should have their ignorance rewarded.

In closing I must say that it is the customers responsibility to understand anything they agree to (unless incompetent). If you say yes than I sure hope you listened to what was asked of you. If you sign something I sure hope you read the fine print. If you ordered online I sure hope you examined the web page for boxes that may have been checked that you were responsible for unchecking, if disinterested. :) Pay Attention!!!
 22nd of Aug, 2007 by   terihumphrey 0 Votes
I also tried to claim my $25.00 gift card,and it won't even let me down load the form. I'm calling them cuz I'll be damn if their gonna charge to my acct. Every month. Thanks for the notice and for others who have the same problem.
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   Laura Morrrsion 0 Votes
I ordered items from an Info mertial and this ValuePlus was offered as a 14 day trial. Cost $1.00 each for two offers. Then after the trial period cost of $19.95 each month. Well the papers took 13 days to arrive. I called the number on the information sheet and canceled the membership. What kind of scam is this? I didn't even get a chance to try it and it was already on my Credit card. I filed a complaint with my Card holder and Value Plus did credit my account the same day that I spoke with them. It seems to be taken care of. The rep on the phone from ValuePlus told me that I could still get my $25.00 gas card but I can't find any place to download any forms etc. to get the gift offered. I tried www.valueplusonline.com/gcform.html like I was told to do. But all I get is this complaint page. The welcome form says to call 1-800-475-1942 to receive the Gift Card Form and other materials by mail. But I'm done with them. They can keep their gift. Beware or extra offers over the phone when ordering anything. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!
 5th of Feb, 2008 by   Natashia York 0 Votes
Thank You!!! All of you just saved me over 30 dollars.I just recieved a letter today saying to go to this website www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/gc so that I could claim my 25.00 gift card, well where is it at?And this so called company better credit my hard earned money back to my account!! And if they want to cause any problems , go ahead, I will see them in court.Beware there is another so called company called Essentials for home that offers the same deal "25.00 dollar gift card" well it is just another scam.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   rickey coleman 0 Votes
NO COMMENT!
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   Regina 0 Votes
I ordered the trail size for $ 1.00, called and canceled and before the 14 day trail period they had taken $88.97 dollars out of my account..They told me to just send the product back, I did and it, s been a month..I have yet to get my money back..I called again and they told me that it was a billing dept...so they gave me a web site called billing@colonsmart cleanser.com...there is no such web site!!! I WANT ME MONEY BACK!!!
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   alex 0 Votes
I just got a call regarding a similar offer. From what I have been reading it seems like this is bad news. I agreed to be sent the offer in the mail. Does this automatically mean that I agreed to be charged these monthly fees as well?
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   rwarkitten 0 Votes
I got called for a free $25 gift card for walmart and only have to pay $1.00 and they charged my moms card $299.00 i told them im only 16 over and over again and now i have to work hard to pay her back every dime :( i now owe her $1, 200.00 thanx to them stupid scammers and my mom told me it was ok to do it :(
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   Deborah Leahey 0 Votes
Essentialsforhome scam!
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   Deborah Leahey 0 Votes
Essentials for home...has nothing to do with original product ordered from tv ad :(
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   j. adams 0 Votes
I was offered this ValuePlus as a back end sales offer during my purchase of the Ab Rocket. I distinctly recall saying, "No!" to this offer. Yet my account is charged? There method of sales is a scam. ValuePlus is a scam as far as I'm concerned. And the Ab Rocket is a piece of junk which I sent back immediately. J. Adams

Beware of Phishing Scam!