logo

$37

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Vacations To Go Complaints & Reviews - scam?

Vacations To Go Contacts & Informations

Vacations To Go

Posted:    Peter J

scam?

vacations to go
5851 San Felipe Suite 500, Houston, TX77057
Phone: 1800-156-436
vacationstogo.com
i'm looking at booking a cruse with this company and because they give such a good deal are they a real and true company or are they a scam?
thanks.
peter j

Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2009 by   Negrita 0 Votes
Hi Peter,

My husband and I booked a trip to DR via vacationstogo.com and we got a really good deal from them with no problems whatsoever. The rep was actually really nice, he kept emailing me different quotes, etc. I recommend them. Good luck on your trip.

Carmen S.
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   Kris S. 0 Votes
Peter,

Be careful this website pays people (probably "Carmen S") to spam good things about them. For the most part these are all lies. This IS a scam company. Do not give them a dime unless you never want to see it again.
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   Josh09261984 0 Votes
I have booked with the company before, and never had a problem. My advice, if you are weary about a company check the BBB site, as they are affiliated with them. Hope this information helps.
 20th of Dec, 2009 by   christeljen +1 Votes
I have booked with this company, had great service and enjoyed 2 cruises at excellent prices. My husband and I have booked another cruise with them for next year.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   ponchojohn 0 Votes
Since so many have been nice enough to share thier thoughts, I will do the same. I have still never been on a vacation or honeymoon with my wife of 16 years and two kids, but I am again trying to do so. The two names that I came across while doing my research were Vacations to Go and Castaways vacation (which also had a name like Sunquest I think it was). The suggestion about the BBB was smart, so I did so... VTG received a A out of a best possible A+. Castaways vacation a D. IF the name is sunquest, I would avoid them. Neither was a BBB accredited business, but there was a goodly bit of info for each. Hope that helps others.

Cheers
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   ManOnMars 0 Votes
This is a great company. It's a personalized travel service and I've taken several trips with them and I am taking another one purchased from them this year. Unlike other online travel sites, you work with a real live travel agent who makes sure everything is in place for your trip. I have trusted them and they have never let me down.
 10th of May, 2010 by   LCK1999 0 Votes
At first VTG was great, now we have issues, BIG ISSUES.

We had a group of 10 use Vacations To Go for a trip to Costa Rica. Everything was fine till I found the same resort at half the price on their own site. Our agent worked diligently to cancel, rebook and credit everyone. We would have to pay a $100 cancel fee but that was ok to save more than $900 per couple!!!

That has been 8 weeks and none of us have our credit. We have now paid double the original price of the trip.

NOT happy, Not happy at all.
 8th of Aug, 2010 by   cd56 +1 Votes
I have booked 3 cruises through "vacationstogo" with absolutely no problems, but be aware- They are a cruise wholesaler, and not a hand-holding mom and pop travel agency. Know what you are buying, do your research, and you will get a good deal. Most of the complaints about them are based on the salespeople not knowing/caring/informing, etc. Again, this is a wholesale house, they deal in volume mostly through the internet booking people all around the world on cruises. The salespeople depend on large volume, since they only get a small commission on each sale. If you do your due diligence, you will get a very good price.
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   UncleBob 0 Votes
I can recommend them. My wife and I have used them for 6 different cruise packages. We have never had the first problem. The agent, emails use with occasional good packages, and sometimes we have had a bottle of wine waiting for us in our room. If you get a good agent/salesperson, you will have an enjoyable trip, and that same person will keep in touch with you. We have had the same one for several years now.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   johnmethew 0 Votes
ya i am looking for some different cruise packages.i saw few but my wife reject all.so i am looking for some romantic cruise packages because my wife is to romantic.
 27th of Oct, 2010 by   Tony Comito 0 Votes
I booked 2 different cruises with VTG for a total of 11 people earlier this year and had no problems at all, we sailed from USA to Italy and then again from Italy around the Med, all arrangements were fine, our sales person was excellent both on the net and on several occassions that I had to call her on the phone and coped with our initial change of plans, types of cabin etc. with great patience. I had tried to book locally through an agent and it was going to cost us nearly twice as much. We intend booking with them again next year.

...Tony C
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   buggsy47 0 Votes
I have booked a number of cruises thru vacationstogo, and have had no problems, always been very helpfull.The only thing is now, if you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, they can't take your booking on most of the most popular lines.Check on the Aussie flag where the currenceys are, and it will explain which lines are still available.VERY disappointing.
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   buggsy47 0 Votes
Have booked a number of cruises thru vacations, and have had no problems, very helpfull.The only complication now is if you are not a U.S. citizen or resident you can not book on the most popular lines.Check on the main page where the Aussie flag is near the currencys.VERY disapointing.
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   tookitintherearwithvacaytogo 0 Votes
Anything good written is A SCAM!!! the BBB is a SCAM! it was on 60 minutes and they both are scams... I was a call center rep and vacations to go is nothing better than anything else to go. Your better off with fast food.
TRY Celebrity Cruises, more expensive, top of the line and worth every hard earned penny.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   kama_md 0 Votes
I have never used Vacation-To-Go so these comments are not aimed at them, but think about this. Several years ago I was researching after-market warranties. I looked up reviews for a company that peaked my interest. Some of the comments were very positive and a few were negative. Needless to say the company is a nightmare in my opinion. It then occurred to me that it is human nature that people go to these types and consumer complaint forums for one of two reasons; 1. To make complaints or 2. Research complaints. People that have good experience normally go directly to the company or respond if a survey is sent to them. The bottom line, if you see a lot of positive comments you may want to consider thinking twice about your choice.
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   UncleBob 0 Votes
Folks with good comments hardly come here Why? it's a complaint forum. I would like to say a few words for Vacations to Go. All good good. We have used them for 6 consecutive cruises, and not one complaint. They performed 100% for the good. We NEVER failed having a bottle of good wine in our room upon arrival. Some people can never be satisfied no matter how good your are or what you ro for them.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   invicbc 0 Votes
Agree with UncleBob. Few folks with good experiences look for complaint sites. Have used VTG and was completely satisfied with the booking and follow up service for our Southern Caribbean cruise. Also provided airfare price comparisons from Canada so we had more info for booking our flights. Would not hesitate to use them again although we do tend to deal directly with the crusie line these days. Recieve their weekly email for cheap cruises and find it is helpful in future bookings.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   seasonedcruzr 0 Votes
We have been using VTG for many years. They have ALWAYS performed perfectly!! Be it known that most of the major cruise lines are extremely dependent on agencies like VTG to fill up these huge ships. VTG is the biggest agency that they depend on. If you heve had a problem, it is most likely you weren't diligent in knowing the details of your trip. I will say that nobody is perfect, and the agents at VTG are no exception. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Incidently, their prices are about the same no matter who you book with! VTG always throws in a little something extra. Just ask. Thanks VTG! seasonedcruzr
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   UncleBob 0 Votes
We have just booked our 7th cruise with VTG. They are more than helpful each time. This time, I will be required, due to health reasons to take a electric scooter on this trip. They took care of everything including getting my scooter taken care of en route and return on the airplane, and they set me up for the scooter to be handled on the ship. How could I ask for more. Some people are feeding bad information about VTG. You couldn't ask anymore from a travel company. The small fly by night, hole in the wall agencies are the one's you have to be careful of, NOT VTG.
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   UK Jim 0 Votes
I have used VTG on two separate Transatlantic crossings, and cannot give them enough praise. The price we paid for each cruise was unbelieveable, the service and help we recieved from VTG salespeople was second to none. There are no words in the English dictionary to praise this company high enough. I would, and indeed have, recommend them in a heartbeat.

Health Care Without Insurance - Medishare