Posted:

Closing of the checking account

9575 W Higgins
Rosemont, Illinois
Phone: 847-318-6300
On December 1, 2008 I have became a victim of identity fraud. All of my personal information was stolen and I was advised to close all of my accounts. The same day I went to my local US Bank branch located in Meijer in Rolling Meadows (1301 Meijer Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 ph#847-228-7244) and closed my savings account. At first I wanted to keep my checking account open because I was waiting for some transactions to be cleared. On December 4th I have received an email notification from US Bank that my address on the checking and money market account has been changed and if this is not correct I need to come in to the branch. I left my work and went to the Rosemont location (9575 W. Higgins Rd Rosemont, IL 60018 ph#847-318-6300) and talked to the branch manager Doug Karlic. I explained my situation and told him to close the account as soon as possible even though some transactions are still pending. I was told that it will take up to 48 hours for the system to close this account. I advised him to close it so I can have this issue resolved by the end of the week. Few days later I went to Elmhurst branch (536 S. York Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126 ph#630-833-2200) to close the money market account. I needed to go there with my aunt who was a primary person listed on this account and she opened this account at that location and we were told I will not be able to close this account without her signature. Again, we explained the situation and ask for the account to be closed. Everything was done the same day and money market account was successfully closed. I asked the customer service representative about my checking account and was told it is still open after 48 hours later. She advised me to call the customer service 800’s number and talk to them. I placed numerous phone calls to their customer service department and every single time I was told a different thing. Basicly they told me that they will not be able to help me with closing that account because I have to go to the branch where the account was open which was Elmhurst branch. After calling them they said that the closing of the account can be done at every US Bank branch. When I told them that I already requested that at Rosemont branch they directed me over there. So I went there and again was told that this will take another 48 hours because the system didn’t recognize the previous request because I had some transactions pending. I said I wanted this account to be closed right now and I’m willing to pay any fees but I want everything to be closed. I was promised it will be closed in the week. Today is March 23, 2009, four months later and my checking account is still open. I just received a statement from US Bank saying my ending balance on the account is $0.28. I truly don’t know what to do anymore. I called customer service so many times and visited the branches few times, talked to many people at US Bank and no one is able to close my account. I wonder how hard it is to close the basic checking account. US Bank never apologize for anything. This entire process took a very bad toll on me. I was constantly stressing out that someone will try to access my personal information on that account, especially when someone already tried to change the address on this account.
I have been US Bank customer for over 6 years and I will never do any business with this institution ever.
Complaint comments Comments (28) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Be aware please consume do not open account with US BANK.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

U.S. Bank - Overcharged
U.S. Bank
usbank.com

It comes to my attention within last 7 days, my checking account with US BANK overdraft charges of $37.00 X 15 over $500 hundred dollar. I call the us bank they cannot clear explain to sole reason, this is deceives business practice I hope they are sugarcoated one of this day.

Be aware please consume do not open account with US BANK.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Hard hearted corporation
usbank.com

Don't know if anyone at will actually read this. Be humane. Do things for the greater good instead of enforcing policies that ruin people's lives.

Times are hard, but do corporations have to become hard hearted in the process? Sometimes I wish that I could have lived during another time period and also in a culture where materialism was not viewed as a virtue. I know of someone who has dealt with this institution and the mayhem that it has caused in this persons' life. No amt of money in the world is worth all that.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Bad service
US Bank

US Bank is very inefficient when processing loan applications. We suppose to close our house today (11/30/2010), but we still do not know (thru our broker) when the loan will be closed! This has had huge impact on our plans - moving plans, renting the current house, etc. We do not recommend you using US Bank for your future purchase unless you have six month to work with. The excuse we were given was that it's the procedure that delays everything. When they received the appraisal two weeks ago and we receive a letter yesterday (dated 11/24) requesting for Appraisal, I do not think it's the procedure that slows down the process.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Customer Service Abuse
Arkansas
Phone: 800-usbanks

The service department did not close my account when I called about a lost card. They refused to put the card on hold, and said that they have NEVER allowed temporary holds on cards. I had been given a temporary hold on another occasion with very friendly and warm service, so I questioned this. I suppose because I questioned it, they simply decided to cause me trouble. I found out almost 10 days later that they had not closed the card, nor had they mailed me a new debit card! When I called back they made no offer to investigate the wrong handling of my account. Putting the supervisor on the phone made the situation much worse. She was cold and rude. She repeated the statement that they cannot put a temporary hold on an account - kept repeating this, no matter what I said. At first I was calmly asking her questions, and finally she said "Oh, you said ACCOUNT - we can't put a temporary hold on an account. " I said, no, actually it's pretty clear that we are talking about a card! Every issue that I tried to bring up, there was nothing but a brick wall from the other end. This was to the point of being abuse. When I had reached the point of frustration to where I was raising my voice, I said that I would need to speak with someone else. Then she proceeded to threaten me with a $25 late fee to rush the card to me. She did not offer any help or options at all until I got to the point of frustration - then she said "Mam, if you would have let me talk, I was going to offer to rush you a card. " I said, I have been calmly asking questions for 15 minutes here and you offered nothing! Of course I got frustrated! Your job is to offer service, and you have not been responsive to my needs at all. During this she was interrupting me the entire time, and saying that they do not HAVE to waive the $25 fee to rush the card to me -- even though they screwed up and didn't mail the card to me!!! I finally told her that I am very worried that I gave my social security number over the phone to a guy who did nothing at all after telling me the card would be closed. And I am not getting a good feeling from her, either. I told her I would rather just speak to someone else to close the card. She finally said, well then you can just call the 800 number again. She also told me that she was as high as I could go - that I would not be successful in complaining to upper management! And there truly is no complaint line, so customer service for US Bank is a JOKE!
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Cards are not temporarily shut down. Accounts can have a temporary hold. I am sure since you had no clue what you were talking about with customer service and using the wrong wording, they were more confused than you, and since they are actual humans, I am sure you annoyed the crap out of them too for insisting they can do something they cannot. Nothing like non bankers who think they know more than bankers. Get a life and harass another bank.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Yeah thats just total bullshit..the don't give a damn about their customers, I have dealt with them, and they are just so rude...i am sorry about your situation, i hope all is resolved now..im going to BS right now cuz of them too
 4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
interestingly it seems to be ok to do these things. I opted out of the overdraft yet they continued paying and charging and charging. Call them today and you will get the run around from every single person at the bank, c/s, every f'n where. They lie at every level and don't even know they are and teach other how to lie without knowing.
If I treated customers like they treated me they'd call me a crook, fraud, robber. But not the damn bank
 29th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Stealing from Customers and Tax Payers
US BANK

I don't know about the rest of America, but US BANK to me is a CROOKED BANK. Not only did they boast of being 0ne of Two banks that made a profit in 2008, they took billions of dollars in taxpayers money to pad their pockets. Here is the CROOKED PART they adjust their computerized bank records to STIFF their CUSTOMERS. Just last night my wife was out and checked her balance at an ATM, it said she had enough monye for a moderate withdrawl. When she got home later she went on line to validate her balance and check how much she need to depsoit to bring her account back to where it was. I went to a US BANK branch at 9:00 AM and made a cash deposit for her. When I got home she checked her balance on line again as she always does and just like clock work, US BANK changed her balance records putting the last nights withdrawl five down, before the other withdrawls previously taken out, and then proceeded to put her in negative status for the prior withdrawls. Four charges of $37.50 for each transaction = $150.00 in US BANK charges. To me this is manipulation of bank records and theft by deception of CUSTOMER CASH. I want to see more reports posted on the site and I will look from time to time to see the response. My God are there any HONEST business people in AMERICAN BUSINESS ? These CROOKS - US BANK show be PROSECUTED !!
 15th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Us Bank/business Credit Card - application of payments
Texas

Ambivalent wording regarding application of payment to their credit cards, does NOT cover when you have TWO zero interest balance items.
They applied payments for 5 months to new zero interest item and not to original balance.
I phoned and was told they didn't know how to get payment or part of payment to old balance. I wrote: the 2 letters did not address my issue.
One in fact said they couldn't issue another card. I didn't ask for another card. I phoned again and was told in spite of wording that did not
address application of payment to TWO zero interest items, I must pay my account in full $9470, to pay off the $2129 that becomes interest
bearing next month. SLEAZY. Other banks are clear in their wording or work with one if they want to keep you as a customer. I closed the account.
Luckily I have the money to pay off this account and forget about them.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Thieves
7324 Reseda blvd #231
Tarzana
California
Phone: 818-802-2588
sunshineent2006@yahoo.com

For everyone that use "us bank" n any state please contact me on here or via my email that is currently displayed. We ate starting a class action law suit. If you want to be fairly treated, receive the monies back they took or stile from you, get back your ridiculous over draft fees, please respond let us be heard because clearly they don't care but i do. . . Sunshineent2006@yahoo.com. . Email me to be included. .
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Do you care about spell check and how to turn off crusie control? This post burned my retnas.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Lol.. I see you Nothing better to do. If you don't like the complaint then don't read it. Simple your comment means nothing.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
People with 5th grade math skills don't need to worry about overdraft fees.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I couldn't read it. Thats why I posted. Between the all caps, spelling and terrible grammar how could one read it? Let alone give you information for a class action, I wouldn't trust you with my dog's name.
 29th of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Now I'm worried, we are closing on a mortgage with them on 8/1. It's been difficult dealing with them, you have to keep every e-mail just to prove what they said. She would tell us one thing then when I mentioned she said something different before I would have to go back in my emails to prove it. I tried to go with our current bank however they wanted a full appraisal and I knew I wouldn't pass it. US Bank only did a drive-by. I hope this doesn't turn out badly, hoping for the best.

Nikki Milwaukee, WI
 5th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Escrow Refund
U.S. Bank
P.O. BOX 20005
Owensboro
Kentucky
Phone: (800) 240-7890

Got a letter stating they had issue a check on May 22, 2012 and that the check had not cleared. It took a week to get thru on their phone lines, I informed them that we never rec'd the check and they said, I'm sorry but we show it was mailed. I told them I check all our financial records and we never deposited that much money and don't recall ever receiving that check. She said that in order to get a replacement check we had to pay a $15 fee to cancel the last check. I told her I didn't feel it was right for me to pay for a check cancelation for something I never rec'd. I guess that doesn't matter. They say they mailed it and that I must have rec'd it. Great customer service. So if I want the balance of the money I put up with this kind of treatment.
 11th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes

US Bank - 19 years old account closed and reported
US bank
Illinois

I opened the a/c when i was 23 with US Bank now 42. I moved overseas 10 years ago with a debt of $35000 from the same bank and paid every penny. I bought a house and again took a loan from US bank for another $15000 to $20000 and paid that off. 3 years ago i moved my family back and was sending money every month to cover their expenses during my financial crises. I didn't take any more loan from US Bank. Couple of months ago i decided to come back to my family and started to sell everything i had abroad. My brother in law took $20000 from me here and deposited in my a/c through someone in US. The bank started giving hard time to my wife and had here take cashier check for $10000. I called them and they said that someone else can not deposit money into our a/c. The rest she paid off the car and spend on living and bills. US Bank closed the a/c without sending any information which the claim they did. My wife opened the a/c in Bank of America and i am sending the money there for the family. I am moving back and selling everything plus my end of service bonus award will all be send to BOA. They are very happy and we are very happy. I deeply regret giving business to US Bank who do not value their costumers. I am a proud American and I always thought that making and sending money from abroad some how helps the economy little bit. P.S they closed everything but left a $20000 credit card open.
 31st of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Late fees and notices

I received a letter from us bank stating that they haven't received my credit card payment. However, i make the payment on line with bank of america bill pay and it always goes out a day or two before the payment is due. I was told today that they don't post the payments for about 8 days so you get nailed with a late fee. The supervisor i talked to was rude and told me that i was wrong and it is my fault that the payments are posting late. She also told me after i told her that i had been in customer service for 20 years that i wasn't because i was not listening. Ummmmm... Customer service says you should listen to the customer instead of telling them they are wrong and don't know what they are talking about!! Don't ever get a us bank visa!!!
 1st of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
You know, the due date is NOT the date you have to have it to them. It is the date it needs to be payed by. That said, I would agree with you if it was sent 4-5 days early, not 1-2 days before.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree