logo

Huge rip off

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

US Bank, Rosemont, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Closing of the checking account

US Bank Contacts & Informations

US Bank

Posted:    Katarzyna

Closing of the checking account

US BANK
9575 W Higgins
Rosemont, Illinois
Phone: 847-318-6300
On December 1, 2008 I have became a victim of identity fraud. All of my personal information was stolen and I was advised to close all of my accounts. The same day I went to my local US Bank branch located in Meijer in Rolling Meadows (1301 Meijer Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 ph#847-228-7244) and closed my savings account. At first I wanted to keep my checking account open because I was waiting for some transactions to be cleared. On December 4th I have received an email notification from US Bank that my address on the checking and money market account has been changed and if this is not correct I need to come in to the branch. I left my work and went to the Rosemont location (9575 W. Higgins Rd Rosemont, IL 60018 ph#847-318-6300) and talked to the branch manager Doug Karlic. I explained my situation and told him to close the account as soon as possible even though some transactions are still pending. I was told that it will take up to 48 hours for the system to close this account. I advised him to close it so I can have this issue resolved by the end of the week. Few days later I went to Elmhurst branch (536 S. York Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126 ph#630-833-2200) to close the money market account. I needed to go there with my aunt who was a primary person listed on this account and she opened this account at that location and we were told I will not be able to close this account without her signature. Again, we explained the situation and ask for the account to be closed. Everything was done the same day and money market account was successfully closed. I asked the customer service representative about my checking account and was told it is still open after 48 hours later. She advised me to call the customer service 800’s number and talk to them. I placed numerous phone calls to their customer service department and every single time I was told a different thing. Basicly they told me that they will not be able to help me with closing that account because I have to go to the branch where the account was open which was Elmhurst branch. After calling them they said that the closing of the account can be done at every US Bank branch. When I told them that I already requested that at Rosemont branch they directed me over there. So I went there and again was told that this will take another 48 hours because the system didn’t recognize the previous request because I had some transactions pending. I said I wanted this account to be closed right now and I’m willing to pay any fees but I want everything to be closed. I was promised it will be closed in the week. Today is March 23, 2009, four months later and my checking account is still open. I just received a statement from US Bank saying my ending balance on the account is $0.28. I truly don’t know what to do anymore. I called customer service so many times and visited the branches few times, talked to many people at US Bank and no one is able to close my account. I wonder how hard it is to close the basic checking account. US Bank never apologize for anything. This entire process took a very bad toll on me. I was constantly stressing out that someone will try to access my personal information on that account, especially when someone already tried to change the address on this account.
I have been US Bank customer for over 6 years and I will never do any business with this institution ever.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2011 by   moni09 0 Votes
Yeah thats just total bullshit..the don't give a damn about their customers, I have dealt with them, and they are just so rude...i am sorry about your situation, i hope all is resolved now..im going to BS right now cuz of them too
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   r00stason 0 Votes
interestingly it seems to be ok to do these things. I opted out of the overdraft yet they continued paying and charging and charging. Call them today and you will get the run around from every single person at the bank, c/s, every f'n where. They lie at every level and don't even know they are and teach other how to lie without knowing.
If I treated customers like they treated me they'd call me a crook, fraud, robber. But not the damn bank

Identity Theft Has Many Forms