Posted:

Closing of the checking account

US BANK
9575 W Higgins
Rosemont, Illinois
Phone: 847-318-6300
On December 1, 2008 I have became a victim of identity fraud. All of my personal information was stolen and I was advised to close all of my accounts. The same day I went to my local US Bank branch located in Meijer in Rolling Meadows (1301 Meijer Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 ph#847-228-7244) and closed my savings account. At first I wanted to keep my checking account open because I was waiting for some transactions to be cleared. On December 4th I have received an email notification from US Bank that my address on the checking and money market account has been changed and if this is not correct I need to come in to the branch. I left my work and went to the Rosemont location (9575 W. Higgins Rd Rosemont, IL 60018 ph#847-318-6300) and talked to the branch manager Doug Karlic. I explained my situation and told him to close the account as soon as possible even though some transactions are still pending. I was told that it will take up to 48 hours for the system to close this account. I advised him to close it so I can have this issue resolved by the end of the week. Few days later I went to Elmhurst branch (536 S. York Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126 ph#630-833-2200) to close the money market account. I needed to go there with my aunt who was a primary person listed on this account and she opened this account at that location and we were told I will not be able to close this account without her signature. Again, we explained the situation and ask for the account to be closed. Everything was done the same day and money market account was successfully closed. I asked the customer service representative about my checking account and was told it is still open after 48 hours later. She advised me to call the customer service 800’s number and talk to them. I placed numerous phone calls to their customer service department and every single time I was told a different thing. Basicly they told me that they will not be able to help me with closing that account because I have to go to the branch where the account was open which was Elmhurst branch. After calling them they said that the closing of the account can be done at every US Bank branch. When I told them that I already requested that at Rosemont branch they directed me over there. So I went there and again was told that this will take another 48 hours because the system didn’t recognize the previous request because I had some transactions pending. I said I wanted this account to be closed right now and I’m willing to pay any fees but I want everything to be closed. I was promised it will be closed in the week. Today is March 23, 2009, four months later and my checking account is still open. I just received a statement from US Bank saying my ending balance on the account is $0.28. I truly don’t know what to do anymore. I called customer service so many times and visited the branches few times, talked to many people at US Bank and no one is able to close my account. I wonder how hard it is to close the basic checking account. US Bank never apologize for anything. This entire process took a very bad toll on me. I was constantly stressing out that someone will try to access my personal information on that account, especially when someone already tried to change the address on this account.
I have been US Bank customer for over 6 years and I will never do any business with this institution ever.
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Be aware please consume do not open account with US BANK.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

U.S. Bank - Overcharged
U.S. Bank
usbank.com

It comes to my attention within last 7 days, my checking account with US BANK overdraft charges of $37.00 X 15 over $500 hundred dollar. I call the us bank they cannot clear explain to sole reason, this is deceives business practice I hope they are sugarcoated one of this day.

Be aware please consume do not open account with US BANK.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Hard hearted corporation
usbank.com

Don't know if anyone at will actually read this. Be humane. Do things for the greater good instead of enforcing policies that ruin people's lives.

Times are hard, but do corporations have to become hard hearted in the process? Sometimes I wish that I could have lived during another time period and also in a culture where materialism was not viewed as a virtue. I know of someone who has dealt with this institution and the mayhem that it has caused in this persons' life. No amt of money in the world is worth all that.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Yeah thats just total bullshit..the don't give a damn about their customers, I have dealt with them, and they are just so rude...i am sorry about your situation, i hope all is resolved now..im going to BS right now cuz of them too
 4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
interestingly it seems to be ok to do these things. I opted out of the overdraft yet they continued paying and charging and charging. Call them today and you will get the run around from every single person at the bank, c/s, every f'n where. They lie at every level and don't even know they are and teach other how to lie without knowing.
If I treated customers like they treated me they'd call me a crook, fraud, robber. But not the damn bank
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Thieves
7324 Reseda blvd #231
Tarzana
California
Phone: 818-802-2588
sunshineent2006@yahoo.com

For everyone that use "us bank" n any state please contact me on here or via my email that is currently displayed. We ate starting a class action law suit. If you want to be fairly treated, receive the monies back they took or stile from you, get back your ridiculous over draft fees, please respond let us be heard because clearly they don't care but i do. . . Sunshineent2006@yahoo.com. . Email me to be included. .
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Do you care about spell check and how to turn off crusie control? This post burned my retnas.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Lol.. I see you Nothing better to do. If you don't like the complaint then don't read it. Simple your comment means nothing.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
People with 5th grade math skills don't need to worry about overdraft fees.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I couldn't read it. Thats why I posted. Between the all caps, spelling and terrible grammar how could one read it? Let alone give you information for a class action, I wouldn't trust you with my dog's name.
 29th of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Now I'm worried, we are closing on a mortgage with them on 8/1. It's been difficult dealing with them, you have to keep every e-mail just to prove what they said. She would tell us one thing then when I mentioned she said something different before I would have to go back in my emails to prove it. I tried to go with our current bank however they wanted a full appraisal and I knew I wouldn't pass it. US Bank only did a drive-by. I hope this doesn't turn out badly, hoping for the best.

Nikki Milwaukee, WI