Posted:

Closing of the checking account

US BANK
9575 W Higgins
Rosemont, Illinois
Phone: 847-318-6300
On December 1, 2008 I have became a victim of identity fraud. All of my personal information was stolen and I was advised to close all of my accounts. The same day I went to my local US Bank branch located in Meijer in Rolling Meadows (1301 Meijer Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 ph#847-228-7244) and closed my savings account. At first I wanted to keep my checking account open because I was waiting for some transactions to be cleared. On December 4th I have received an email notification from US Bank that my address on the checking and money market account has been changed and if this is not correct I need to come in to the branch. I left my work and went to the Rosemont location (9575 W. Higgins Rd Rosemont, IL 60018 ph#847-318-6300) and talked to the branch manager Doug Karlic. I explained my situation and told him to close the account as soon as possible even though some transactions are still pending. I was told that it will take up to 48 hours for the system to close this account. I advised him to close it so I can have this issue resolved by the end of the week. Few days later I went to Elmhurst branch (536 S. York Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126 ph#630-833-2200) to close the money market account. I needed to go there with my aunt who was a primary person listed on this account and she opened this account at that location and we were told I will not be able to close this account without her signature. Again, we explained the situation and ask for the account to be closed. Everything was done the same day and money market account was successfully closed. I asked the customer service representative about my checking account and was told it is still open after 48 hours later. She advised me to call the customer service 800’s number and talk to them. I placed numerous phone calls to their customer service department and every single time I was told a different thing. Basicly they told me that they will not be able to help me with closing that account because I have to go to the branch where the account was open which was Elmhurst branch. After calling them they said that the closing of the account can be done at every US Bank branch. When I told them that I already requested that at Rosemont branch they directed me over there. So I went there and again was told that this will take another 48 hours because the system didn’t recognize the previous request because I had some transactions pending. I said I wanted this account to be closed right now and I’m willing to pay any fees but I want everything to be closed. I was promised it will be closed in the week. Today is March 23, 2009, four months later and my checking account is still open. I just received a statement from US Bank saying my ending balance on the account is $0.28. I truly don’t know what to do anymore. I called customer service so many times and visited the branches few times, talked to many people at US Bank and no one is able to close my account. I wonder how hard it is to close the basic checking account. US Bank never apologize for anything. This entire process took a very bad toll on me. I was constantly stressing out that someone will try to access my personal information on that account, especially when someone already tried to change the address on this account.
I have been US Bank customer for over 6 years and I will never do any business with this institution ever.
Complaint comments Comments (19) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Be aware please consume do not open account with US BANK.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

U.S. Bank - Overcharged
U.S. Bank
usbank.com

It comes to my attention within last 7 days, my checking account with US BANK overdraft charges of $37.00 X 15 over $500 hundred dollar. I call the us bank they cannot clear explain to sole reason, this is deceives business practice I hope they are sugarcoated one of this day.

Be aware please consume do not open account with US BANK.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Hard hearted corporation
usbank.com

Don't know if anyone at will actually read this. Be humane. Do things for the greater good instead of enforcing policies that ruin people's lives.

Times are hard, but do corporations have to become hard hearted in the process? Sometimes I wish that I could have lived during another time period and also in a culture where materialism was not viewed as a virtue. I know of someone who has dealt with this institution and the mayhem that it has caused in this persons' life. No amt of money in the world is worth all that.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Yeah thats just total bullshit..the don't give a damn about their customers, I have dealt with them, and they are just so rude...i am sorry about your situation, i hope all is resolved now..im going to BS right now cuz of them too
 4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
interestingly it seems to be ok to do these things. I opted out of the overdraft yet they continued paying and charging and charging. Call them today and you will get the run around from every single person at the bank, c/s, every f'n where. They lie at every level and don't even know they are and teach other how to lie without knowing.
If I treated customers like they treated me they'd call me a crook, fraud, robber. But not the damn bank
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Thieves
7324 Reseda blvd #231
Tarzana
California
Phone: 818-802-2588
sunshineent2006@yahoo.com

For everyone that use "us bank" n any state please contact me on here or via my email that is currently displayed. We ate starting a class action law suit. If you want to be fairly treated, receive the monies back they took or stile from you, get back your ridiculous over draft fees, please respond let us be heard because clearly they don't care but i do. . . Sunshineent2006@yahoo.com. . Email me to be included. .
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Do you care about spell check and how to turn off crusie control? This post burned my retnas.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Lol.. I see you Nothing better to do. If you don't like the complaint then don't read it. Simple your comment means nothing.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
People with 5th grade math skills don't need to worry about overdraft fees.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I couldn't read it. Thats why I posted. Between the all caps, spelling and terrible grammar how could one read it? Let alone give you information for a class action, I wouldn't trust you with my dog's name.
 29th of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Now I'm worried, we are closing on a mortgage with them on 8/1. It's been difficult dealing with them, you have to keep every e-mail just to prove what they said. She would tell us one thing then when I mentioned she said something different before I would have to go back in my emails to prove it. I tried to go with our current bank however they wanted a full appraisal and I knew I wouldn't pass it. US Bank only did a drive-by. I hope this doesn't turn out badly, hoping for the best.

Nikki Milwaukee, WI
 31st of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Late fees and notices

I received a letter from us bank stating that they haven't received my credit card payment. However, i make the payment on line with bank of america bill pay and it always goes out a day or two before the payment is due. I was told today that they don't post the payments for about 8 days so you get nailed with a late fee. The supervisor i talked to was rude and told me that i was wrong and it is my fault that the payments are posting late. She also told me after i told her that i had been in customer service for 20 years that i wasn't because i was not listening. Ummmmm... Customer service says you should listen to the customer instead of telling them they are wrong and don't know what they are talking about!! Don't ever get a us bank visa!!!
 1st of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
You know, the due date is NOT the date you have to have it to them. It is the date it needs to be payed by. That said, I would agree with you if it was sent 4-5 days early, not 1-2 days before.
 28th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Bob - Branch Manager US Bank AR JFK
North Little Rock
Arkansas

I, Personally have never had a problem with US Bank before today.
I stepped in to fax off some paper work (I'm not an account holder, my husband is) and I was rudely and loudly confronted by the Branch Manager there, "Bob".
He asked if I had an account and I responded that I did not but my husband and all of his family did.
He asked where my account was and I replied, "Arvest" He then began to slander and bash said bank getting louder and more rude.
He then asked what I was faxing and when I told him they were documents for a home loan he then inquired as to where the loan was from.
Upon finding out the loan was not from US Bank he then began to ask personal questions as to what loan rate we had qualified for, what type of loan it was, ect.
I was upset and shocked to be receiving this kind of behavior from a BRANCH MANAGER but I answered his questions anyway.
Upon receiving these answers he became mad and said they would go ahead and fax the info but asked that the teller taking care of the fax "only make sure that part of those papers go through"
I used to work for a bank and I KNOW this is NOT how you treat customers, potential customers, or ANYONE you come in contact with.
His behavior was BEYOND rude and appalling, extremely unprofessional and very offensive.
His name is "Bob" and he is the Branch Manager at US Bank, North Little Rock Arkansas on JFK Blvd.
I must add, to their credit, the tellers and loan officer present were extremely nice and tried to ensure that the rest of my experience was a pleasant one.
After recounting this experience to my husband, he is removing all accounts from US Bank and his entire family who have been account holders for 20 years are also removing their accounts.

US Bank - This bank does not value their customers
US Bank

On 2/18/2011 I made a cash deposit in the amount of $1500. and now I cannot get any money out of my account I've been calling us bank 24hr customer service line for 4 days and everyone I spoke with including 4 managers could only give me I don't know for an answer to every question I had regarding my money. 1st there was manager by then name of audry morrow @ the branch where I opened my account at. who promised me that she would have my funds avalible to me with in a hour. two hours has went by and she never called like she promised she would. so this time I called their customer service center I spoke with a rep named matthew that told me he refuse to let me speak with a manager because he know that a manager there in the call center was not going to help me! so I asked him was he refusing to allow me to speak with a manager there in the call center his answer was "YES"!!! because that was a branch issue and that I would have to follow up with my branch where I opened my account. and without notice transfered me to the branch. it wasn't until a rep named jessica got on the phone that I knew he transfered me to the branch where I opened my account. I tried working with her & then she began to be rude as well and say well "I DON'T KNOW YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE IF I CAN DO SOMETHING OR JUST TRY AGAIN LATER! so I asked her to give me a number where I can file a complaint she refused just like matthew did. up until now I can't get any of my money & this have been going on since 2/19/2011 @ 4pm central standard time. today is 2/22/2011 well after 1pm I still haven't got my funds. and would like to speak to someone regarding this matter. it so obvious that us bank do not value their customer's after speaking with 4 different managers I cannot belive that not one of them would not help me. my money matters to me. and I would not refer a "DOG" to this bank. and I am going to also contact my local tv news station and air this bank on tv because I have other customers who banked with us bank for years who has had to close their account with us bank due to the unprofessional way of dealing with customer's and for the record I am a call center supervisor and I know that a customer service rep or manager should never tell a customer "I DON'T KNOW"!!! THAT IS VERY RUDE, UPSETTING AND DISRESPECTFUL!! AND A REP SHOULD NEVER, NEVER EVER REFUSE A CUSTOMER TO SPEAK WITH HIS OR HER MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR!!! CONTACT ME @ 4145025524.

Us Bank In Ohio - houses they own
someone who wanted the house taken care of
Detroit
Michigan

i called so many times on this house 19185 danbury detroit mi that there were sqwaters in the house with pit bulls and ive got kids i live right next door to the house. they me to call a realastate agent for what they need to take care of the house they own .now iam in the process of getting a lawyer cause my daughter got lead poisioning from the house i really dont know what else to do .
 3rd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
The problem with USBank is that their technology is out of date. The online banking does not give an accurate portrayal of what happened on a given day. If you go in to the bank and ask for a detailed list of transactions and authorizations you will see where the account went negative.

Us Bank Corp. - Overcharged
US Bank Corp.
usbank.com

I have been a customer to USBank in North Canton Ohio for 2 years and I just received 2 overdraft charges in the amount of $37.95 a piece when the account never dropped into the negative. I called the bank because it is very obvious that $200 - $20 does not equal -$11 and they said it did go into the negative.

Well I can't really argue because I have no power to do so, I can only say OK here is my money. I have done research and there are other people that have had this same issue.

I would highly recommend that NO ONE open a checking account at usbank, they just want your money.

Chase/bank Of America/us Bank - high interest rates
bass fishing
South Dakota
gizzymanu13@yahoo.com

Is there anyone who has any information on helping out with credit card debt? I have tried consumer credit counseling and debt relief places etc... and they are no help they just want a piece of the pie also. Any and all help appreciated thankyou

US Bank Logo US Bank