logo

Intoxalock
Hidden Fees
2. (5 mins ago)
Motorola India
Very poor customer service!
3. (6 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Terrible service

UPS
ups.com
I paid for overnight shipping of a law book I needed for the following week. When the book didn't arrive, I called the company. The book had been returned to the company because supposedly no one was home to receive the book. To the best of my memory, not only was I at home, but so was my husband. The driver did not leave a note that he had attempted delivery nor did he leave the package with a neighbor, as is customary.

BUT, the best part is, when I tried to file a complaint with UPS, "Juan", informed me that there was no way to file a complaint because the driver did not leave a package. When I was requested a supervisor, I was put on hold, and loand behold! the line went dead.

I would be an idiot to use UPS again for anything.
Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2008 by   Johnatan 0 Votes
First delivery attempt made 12/19/2008 @ 3:28pm. A notice/slip was never left indicating an attempt was made. Knowledge of delivery attempt was known through online tracking.

At 5:46pm (12/19), called UPS to track package for pick up at UPS center. UPS said a representative would call within the hour to confirm the time of pickup.

At 6:55pm (12/19), called UPS again to state that a representative from the center had never called. An attempt was made to change the delivery method to have the package sent to an alternate address with a doorman. UPS said, such an attempt would push back the delivery date (earliest delivery would be on 12/23). Therefore, I told UPS I would rather pick up the package the next day at their center.

At 9:41am (12/20), called UPS to confirm package was at the location specified. They said a representative from the center would call within the hour. I was told that if I did not receive a phone call that I can be assured that the package would be at the location since a request was made from the night before.

At 12:24pm (12/20), called UPS again since they had never called me to confirm my package would be at the center. I needed a confirmation from them since I would be using my lunch hour from work and renting a car. I was assured yet again that the package would be there.

About 1:45pm (12/20), an attempt to pick up the package at the specified location... the agent had said that a second delivery attempt was made to my apartment. The package "was never pulled from the truck" despite several calls to UPS.

At 1:58pm (12/20), called UPS to complain regarding the situation. I changed the address to have the package delivered to my friend's address with a doorman. A promise was made that the package would be delivered on 12/22/2008. I was also told that I would receive a phone call to confirm delivery.

As of yet, I have NEVER received a phone call from UPS.

**IF YOU WANT YOUR PACKAGE DELIVERED, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH UPS. I WILL NEVER AGAIN DEAL WITH A COMPANY THAT USES UPS. TERRIBLE SERVICE.
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by   Jack Raymond 0 Votes
I ordered a laptop computer intended for a Christmas present on 12/21/08. It was shipped by 2nd day air on 12/22. So far so good.

On 12/23, I checked the tracking number, and found that shipping had been rescheduled and would likely arrive by 12/26. (Though there is no guarantee of even that.)

I called UPS and asked for the reason for the delay. They said they had no idea. I requested a refund or adjustment, since I had paid for 2nd day air service. The representative said UPS does not do refunds. A supervisor gave the same answer, in a bland and bored tone of voice.

This is not the first time I've had problems with UPS. Three times before, they have lost packages I sent or ordered, which were shipped using UPS; left packages on a doorstep in the rain that required a signature, without obtaining one; and shown gross incompetence when asked to explain the reason for the losses and delays and other problems. Getting a refund from this company is a grueling, near-impossible task.

Based on these experiences, I'm recommending to every individual and businessperson I know, to look around for alternative shippers, and avoid using UPS.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   forestmember +1 Votes
UPS is the WORST SHIPPING COMPANY IN THE WORLD. I was expected a package scheduled by UPS to be delivered on 27th Oct 2009. There was no show on the 27th. On the 28th, I stayed home all day waiting for the package with tracking number 1Z9V2E326894543698. (I want anyone from UPS who doubts me to check it and also listen to their recorded conversations on that tracking number). The phone was never delivered though I was home 24 hours. As I talk to you on the 30th of October 2009 I have NOT received the parcel.
The worst thing is that a stupid being from UPS called me with 5146330010 on my phone to tell me that my package has not being delivered because my phone number on it was wrong. Wow? How could she call me if my number was wrong? If the number is also wrong, what is the direct link between a postal pacakge delivery and phone number? I HATE UPS WITH PASSION AND WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHNG FROM ANYONE ANYWHERE SHIPPING WITH UPS. And if it will cost me everything to ship something using FeDex, USPS, Xpresspost Canada, I will use it.
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   ArtistMusician 0 Votes
This is commonplace. The drivers never actually attempt to deliver anything to anyone. UPS has cost me more time and money than the packages they were supposed to deliver are worth. And their "local" shipping centers are far from local. After their non-delivery attempts I am always forced to go to a dangerous industrial neighborhood in the middle of nowhere, by taxicab, to pick up my packages. Last time, I paid $40 in cabs to pick up a package worth $15.

Do not use UPS. It is like volunteering your time and money just to frustrate yourself. Next time I see a UPS driver I am going to give him the finger.
 24th of Jul, 2010 by   screwed by ups 0 Votes
I give up trying to complain to UPS 3 times they said undeliverable no 1home lies lazy driver. Once they left a package on my porch containing a 1, 500 antique rifle I live in chicago a miricle I got it first. Now they leave my package at the wrong address and lie to me saying I signed for it. two days later a nieghbor rings my door bell and says I found this on my porch the other day. I used to think the usps sucked but all the bad ones must have quit and been hired by UPS.
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   Commercial Shipper 0 Votes
I used UPS for a commercial shipment that could have lead to repeated high value business. The pallet of material arrived 3 days late (not counting the weekend) UPS said they would have the depot call and exlain the situation. Call never came. When the shipment arrived the pallet severely damaged. (see attached) Never again UPS (331312461) and this will be our corporate policy. JSH Ex. VP.

Dollar Rent a Car Hidden Fee Scam