logo

Forlan Wilson
scam of package
3. (6 mins ago)
Stickershoppe.com
I will never shop there again and encourage you to shop from other sticker shops that will not insult your intelligence
4. (12 mins ago)

harassment

united credit bureau
Tampa, Florida
Phone: 813-766-0752
yesterday I recieved a voicemail on my cell from a Ms. Paramore at UCB. I called her back from my work phone to inform her that I had retained an attorney. She kept asking why and when I informed her that she could field all questions to my attorney...she hung up. I called back and talked to John. He was insistent as to why I retained an attorney. I calmy gave him the phone number to my attorney and hung up. Not 2 minutes later John called back. My work line, no less, to inform me that I was taking the easy way out by filing bankruptcy and before he hung up on me for the 2nd time he wanted to tell me how big a loser I am. I understand they are a collection agency. But in these difficult times you would think you could expect a little more professionalism
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Feb, 2009 by   Julie 0 Votes
I keep receiving harassing phone calls from UCB. They tell me that they are trying to collect a debt for citi cards. I need to take care of the balance due or the account will be turned over to the courts. Here is the part that really gets me. I have never received anythig from them in the mail. They tell me that they have just sent me another bill but I never get one. They are rude and very hatefull on the phone and make comments like "if you dont make a payment right away you will be sorry". I dont even know if this is a real representative of citi card. They never send me any this in writing and want a payment over the phone based on just their word. They call me 3-4 times a day and leave me messages.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Unclereeky 0 Votes
Today, at 11:30am, I received a phone call from an "out of area" number..the number didn't come up..I answered it. A woman who stated her name was Camille stated she worked for UCB collections..then asked for my birthdate..not my name..just my birthdate. I told her it didn't work that way..I wanted to know what this pertained to..and she wouldn't tell me..so I ended the phone call.
Has anyone else had any problems with this UCB Collection Agency?

Eric C
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   SPW 0 Votes
They call my cell phone me every day on the hour using an automated dialer, which is illegal. I have asked them to stop calling since the person they are calling for is not me. Who can I complain to about their harrassing and abusive behavior? I really want them to be reprimanded for this.

SP
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   Brenda Gonz 0 Votes
UCB uses unfair collections practices- we should all get a class action lawsuit against them as they don't comply with the FDCPA.
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   drummer_87 0 Votes
Same here i was just stupid enough to give them the info the lady asked for as she was very convencing and now were having to fight them from taking money out of our bank account... Leslie Wagner watch for her.
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   GLW 0 Votes
I keep receiving a call from UCB from Delaney. We have an answering service that she left a message with which was ALL a lie. Delaney said that she was returning my wife's call and was on hold and disconnected. We don't have a hold time and she did not speak to my wife before this incident. She even had the nerve to call my brother's wife and yelled at her trying to find out where I'm living, even though she calls me every couple of days demanding money. I put her on the phone with my husband since he takes care of our finances. Not only did she yell at him and told him he was worthless and that the business he runs is failing because of his negotiation skills! She does not know him from anywhere. She threatened my husband and me. And would not accept a payment less than what she wanted. We told her what we could do today, and said hold on; I have to clear it with my supervisor. I was on hold for 10 minutes, and then was disconnected. My husband called back and spoke to another man who said she's out to lunch. I explained my situation and transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor started asking my husband all sorts of questions about his reputation, about his business practices, etc... What is THIS!?!?!?!? They are there to try to collect money, not to disrespect; demean or asks questions not related to their calling. One day after talking to their supervisor, another UCB collector called and said I spoke to them two days ago, again LIE, and said actions will continue and I hung up.
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   resistslimyleeches 0 Votes
I keep getting calls from UCB on my cell and home phone. I have not answered any of the calls, but continue to receive answering machine and voicemail messages. The callers are different every time, although they each claim they've personally left me messages before stating that they are about to "make a time sensitive decision" on my behalf and would like to discuss the matter with me before they do so. Absolutely nothing about the way they represent themselves sounds legitimate or trustworthy. It's parasitic people like these alleged debt collectors who should be out of a job, not those of us who are struggling to make ends meet and settle our debts.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   ting-long 0 Votes
NAsty and very very bad...hu..hu..hu...tsk...tsk
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   ting-long 0 Votes
very very nasty...these guys are NAZIS...THEY CALLED ME ALL KIND OF NAME...BUHUHUHU.
 14th of Mar, 2012 by   Angelia R 0 Votes
This company is ridiculous! I called as soon as I got the notice back in 2010 and made payment arrangements. It has been paid off for over a year and I pulled my credit report and see it's still on there. I call them to find out why in the heck it's on there if I paid it off. I talked to a very rude lady telling me if I paid my bills I wouldn't have to worry about it and they still go thru the collection process until I pay it off completely. It was a $200.00 bill come on now! Why even pay them if they still screw you in the end?!?! So now I get to fight with the credit bureaus to take it off since UCB is incompetent.

5 Great Tips How to Save on Entertainment