TracFone / SafeLink

Unregistered Sim Problem Fixed

2.8
TracFone ? Safelink
New Jersey
After several months my SafeLink phone display showed Sim Not Registered. I Faxed, Emailed and called customer service. After 3 months and 5 hours of logged phone calls, I realized this service is not free. You are expected to buy TracPhone air cards to keep you account active, pretty slick idea on their part. Lastnight was my final straw, my Service Rep said problem was fixed, phone would be online within the hour, and, if not to call them. No such luck, but this time they called me, rather than spend another hour on the phone with them, I dropped their phone in my glass of ice water, and hung up. For me, the problem has been solved. Now it's time to contact my state legislators about the rippoff scheme by SaqfeLink Services.
I made less than 10 called with this phone, it had 569 minutes of service and one year of activation left.
Stop wasting your time with these people, this was TracPhones bailout, cleverly disguised as SafeLink Services at taxpayers expense.

Andrew Napolitan
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

20th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I got the same problem only using the safe link phone four or five times. This is a rip off!!! If they want you to make a purchase to keep the service, they should make that aware when you sign up for the stupid service. Their customer service is awful as well! It's the worse company by far!
 5th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
My tracfone which which I have had a couple of years. The 1st phone Safelink sent me finally went out or quit, so I requested and got but I guess I forgot yo re-register. Now it wants me to re-register now, but can't call out on it, have to do it on line.
Phone # 350 875 1423
Serial # 357 693 061 546 884
I have 67 min until 2/1
ser until 01/31/2018
 18th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
turned my safelink cell phone on and it saids sims card not registered sim

TracFone Logo TracFone