logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Grotto Bar, Eden Bar, Suede, Bitterend, Suite
Underage drinking, drugs, sex , allowed
2. (3 mins ago)
Nationstar Mortgage
Criminal practices
3. (3 mins ago)
Jane Salon
Yelp comments can be manipulated by this owner
4. (9 mins ago)

Posted:    Janet

Incorrect Deduction of Minutes

TRACFONE
Pennsylvania
Following a 2 minute call to 411 Directory Assistance, I noticed that 50 minutes were deducted from my phone. Several calls to Customer Service including a Supervisor yielded no explanation nor assistance. All of them stated that my phone was working fine and they do not know why 50 minutes were deducted. They refused to look at my records even with my authorization to see what calls were made and the length of those calls. The supervisor suggested that I not use 411 anymore since the problem must be coming from them. Huh??

I have 2 phones with them and as soon as the minutes run out (shortly at the rate they are being deducted) they will be cancelled and replaced with another service.
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of May, 2009 by   joysavers 0 Votes
Well, I just had a similar situation, only I didn't notice exactly how many were deducted after using 411, just that A LOT were missing and I had used 411 twice recently for the first time with my Tracfone. I also had customer service reps with no knowledge of what 411 was or an explanation as to why so many minutes were missing. I believe I was missing more like 120 minutes, which meant that my 411 calls were deducted 60 mins each! However, upon speaking to a supervisor, I was credited 150 minutes. She didn't have much of an explanation, but did say 411 can deduct 25 - 60 minutes each use. I questioned why noone can tell me exactly how much or how I was supposed to know that, but she didn't have anymore information on it and suggested as well that I not use it in the future. Even though I felt the customer service agents weren't knowledgable in this instance, I am happy with how they ultimately resolved the issue. I'm sorry they didn't do the same in your instance.
 19th of May, 2009 by   tracfone 0 Votes
Hello my name is Elston and I am a Tracfone Employee and I am here to assist anyone that is having trouble with Tracfone. You can email me at elombillo@tracfone.com
 31st of May, 2009 by   sno-pea 0 Votes
My tracfone locked up on me & wouldn't shut off, dial, nothing - so I popped the battery out, & when I put it back in, my 133 minutes were gone! All my other settings (contacts, alarm clock, etc.) were still there, but my minutes were all gone. Tracfone refused to reimburse me the minutes & told me I needed to buy another phone. I asked if the double minutes I'd purchased would be transferred to the new phone, & they said no, that I'd have to buy another double minute card. They want your money, but they don't want to stand behind their product. All they would've had to do was give me some codes to put the minutes back on my phone, & they wouldn't. Needless to say, I'm going to buy a verizon phone tomorrow - tracfone SUCKS.
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   ultimatefightfan 0 Votes
I was on my wifes Tracfone yesterday and made a call to 411 and was told I would be transferred without a charge to the # I was calling about. I was on the phone a total of 2 minutes and after hanging up I noticed she only had 5 minutes left. Before calling 411 there was 55 minutes on the phone. We live in Pennsylvania and I noticed someone else had this happen to them. I called customer service and they had me put differents code in ect. I asked them if they can check the calls that we made and they said there is no way to check them. That is B.S. if cops can obtain cell phone records they should be able to. All in all they told me they could not return the minutes to the phone. I have a Tracefone too and told the Tracefone operater that we are going to go with another service and she had nothing more to say. We will be getting different phones and will not be getting scammed again.
 25th of Oct, 2013 by   Mamalu 0 Votes
I also have service thru Tracphone and have noticed that I am losing 2-4 minutes per day (minimum). I've tracked my usage over the last week and have not made or received any calls, have not sent or received any text messages and have not used the browser. I note the minutes when I go to bed at night and when I get up the next day and there are always at least two minutes less. I just checked a voicemail and the screen message said .60 mins were deducted. However, before my checking voicemail, I had 1435.24 minutes and afterward my minutes were 1434.44. Someone's math is way off base! That was .80 minutes deducted! Tracphone must be making a boatload of money from its poor customers! I called customer service and the rep had no idea what was happening. His best guess concerned something about Wi-Fi! On the plus side, he gave me back 100 minutes. I told him if Tracphone was siphoning off 2-4 minutes per day, over a month I would be losing 60 to 120 minutes per month! That's preposterous! That's 1 or 2 hours per month!! Tracphone needs to get its act together!!!

Success University Fraud