TracFone

Posted:

missing minutes from account - AGAIN

4.45
This company on numerous occasions had deducted paid minutes from our account, which were watched for this very purpose on two seperate periods very closely. When addressed the first time, it literally cost us approximately over 7 hours to replenish over 600 missing minutes taken from our account and then the secound time this had happened and addressed for a greater amount of missing number of minutes, they started sending us through their hoops. That's when we literally trashed their phone and service and the same of so-called customer service and changed over to Consumer Cellular, which for the use Consumer Cellular provides, it is a great service with matching customer service to Boot!!!

This is by no means a solicitation for their service.

WHAT IT IS, IS A WARNING TRACFONE USERS, TO WATCH THEIR ACCOUNT MINUTE USAGE AND TRACFONE DELETION FROM THEIR ACCOUNT CLOSELY AS THEIR DECEPTION IN ACCOUNT DELETION OF MINUTES LEAD TO YOUR LOSS AND THEIR PROFITS AND GAIN.

BETTER LUCK TO YOU!!!
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

15th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Tracfone deducted my minutes 4, 011 June 11 to to Junes 13, to 0 same with the text and data. I call and talk to three different people before I got the answer why and the person said because it was not updated I do not know what that means. She gave me 23min 23 text and 0.02 data. I rarely talk on phone only do text messaging. The service End date is 2020 Was given because same problem a year ago with transferring minutes from old phone to new phone which never was resolved had to return New Android Tracfone to seller on Ebay. I have been Tracfone customer over 10 years. The minutes last 5 years are roll over paid minutes. This is the first year to have android for me. As I write this I was on hold with tracfone for 30 minutes they just return my call I am now on hold until the lady contact her supervisor Just finish conversation with a lady, she said I use the minutes up I ask how is I use minutes up in one day she says they gave me too many minutes. On the website was in error. I wanted to know when am I suppose to add minutes? And how do I know when I need more minutes? She says anytime you can add minutes. She did not understand the question. She says down load app for track minutes I guess from time to time I will have to call to see how many minutes I have left, I don't think it is a guarantee for accuracy of minutes. She kept giving answers not related to the question. Since I lost the minutes I will upgrade to new Android with prepaid minutes hope this work if not any suggestions? Is there a provider that can give prepaid minutes without a problems? I read others had same problem losing the minutes on Tracfone. Thank you for hearing me out.
 25th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am in the same boat; this is the second time I have had more than a thousand minutes "disappear" from my account. I rarely call anyone, so have rolled over my minutes for years. I'm actually in a chat with an agent right now who says that the minutes were used, and I want to know where as I've had one call since my balance was listed at 1407 minutes and that call lasted one minute and thirty-two seconds. They returned some of my minutes, but there are still 407 missing, and most of my data.
 25th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I bought a unlock android from Consumer Cellular and they are now the provider.
 25th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
October 22, 2015: AGAIN Tracfone has screwed me over on minutes. I'm using the phone and I hear the "toot-toot... toot-toot" that I think is an in-coming call. No, it's the "under 10min remaining" alert. UNDER 10MIN.? I had well over 30!! And I only get 1-min incoming calls calling me to work, or the rare text mssge. exchange. Where did they go? This is the 2nd time my crapfone has done this. The previous time, I finally got 20min out of them, but they used this against me this time, as if I didn't deserve it originally and should've been grateful. For life. I googled this and it's not uncommon. This is outright stealing, on top of their deceptive advertising, "No contract". Well, if you don't use your phone by the "service date" it shuts down. I call that condition/date combination a "contract". For God's sake, is there anyone out there not endlessly trying to trick you and screw you?
 9th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
You might need to take your issue to the right people for an immediate response. Try sending an email to this email address email address is TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com, or contact them via live chat. These people can help you!
 16th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
BEWARE of TracFone -- Same thing just happened to me. I have been a tracfone user for at least 10 years and have had no issues until this week (4/11/2016). My over 800 minutes and 2 years worth of days suddenly are at 0. I spoke with a customer service representative and a "supervisor" with the same response -- "You must have used them up." They provided no assistance; could not look up a list of in/out going calls (You have to fax them a signed statement that you are the owner of the phone!); just pushing me away saying it was my fault the minutes disappeared. I only use the phone for emergency purposes and occasional calls. Time to change providers.
 23rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
Total Ripoff... Just a couple of weeks ago, my mom had over 800 minutes showing on her balance.
I know because I had been showing her how to send an attachment, then, I showed her how to check the balance on her phone.
What I should have done was take a screenshot of the minutes balance, but it didn't occur to me that they might disappear.
We bought a card good for a year plus we got a double minutes deal, which seemed like a fantastic bargain at the time.

Well, we should have known it was too good to be true. A little over halfway through, the 800 she had showed just 2 weeks ago were gone.
Now, we have to get another card if we want to use the phone any further.
I think it might be time to switch to another service like straight talk. I haven't had this kind of issue with them in over 4 years.
 14th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
Horrible horrible company. Agreed so far with everyone. I purchased mine and my children's phones this time (reoccurring problem but thought it was the phones) with 1200 mins on them and I since we hardly use the phones thought they would easily last over a year. Within a couple months all the mins were gone. I have called on it several times & told to make a photocopy of the battery, sims card or whatever & send in a verbatum disclosure saying they are my phones. Which is bullshit so i've never done it. Just called again and apparently there is a verification department which can supposedly go over your minutes to see what has happened. However, i haven't even been transferred to that department yet & the "manager" RYAN PAZ looked at it for less that 5 mins & told me he DOESN'T BELIEVE ME that the minutes disappeared, because it is impossible and it never happens. HA! Just google it. He ended up hanging up which isn't surprising with the poor service they provide out of Honduras. I called again & they have trained them to say it is not common & in fact impossible. What a rip-off company they are. My next step is to try to find out how to contact corporate headquarters in Miami, FL. From others peoples comments i am still hopeful that just maybe they will reapply them back to my phones. Wish me luck!

TracFone Logo TracFone