logo

Poor Toyota Service

Toyota
Malaysia
Hi All,

I would like to make a complaint about poor Toyota service I received in Malaysia, I've sent in my car twice for Toyota service center personnel to check on my internal car clock for keep on slowing down after a couple of days even though I've adjusted it back to the right time many times, the 1st visit I make to one of the Toyota service center didn't result in a part replacement, the technician was saying he has 'reset' my clock and it was working according to him, later I found the problem came back again, 2nd visit on 27th May 2010 I make to another Toyota service center the technician mention he has 'cleaned the fuse & contact point', but the problem re-occur again in couple of days.(their invoice#150V115370)

Both experience give me an impression that even though customer may have pay a premium to bought a Toyota which 'supposed' to be providing good quality car & world class customer service, but actual dealing with them actually just give customer headache and wasting time on resolving a small problem such as a clock issue which could be fixed by a simple replacement, after all how much is a clock worth compared to our valuable time spend on multiple visit & their reputation in stake ?

In another attempt on 4th June 2010 to sort out this matter with their freephone customer service at 18008869682 to claim my fundamental customer rights to claim defective part under warranty, the lady who handled my case mention she'll check & get back to me soon which she never did, this again shows lack of responsibility & accountability, with above poor technician competency & poor customer service received I hereby advice whoever interested to buy Toyota car please think again and check how many people has complaint about Toyota before you go into misery just like rest of us, its' no wonder so many Toyota car defects and complaints has came up of late, this shows the company is heading for closure soon, so be warn that your new Toyota car may not get the warranty they promise once their company closed down due to bad management & bad customer treatment.

Rgds
Dissatisfied Customer
Comments Malaysia Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2010 by   cloh99 0 Votes
Some update to the matter above.

Today 8th June 2010 I've made another attempt to lodge a complaint via Toyota malaysia website to claim my consumer right, apparently some customer service manager by the name 'Mr. Saravanan' called me however he was not willing to provide a part replacement for the faulty clock, instead he 'Insisted' I should bring in my car to Toyota workshop again for his 'specialist' to further diagnose & troubleshoot the clock issue, though I've asked him what could his 'specialist' do to diagnose a factory assembled 'electronic clock' which based on my understanding is a non serviceable component, does his 'specialist' have specialised equipment to test the clock ? he can't seem to answer that but still insist on sending my car in for another checkup, I've re-iterated to him this will cause me have to waste another half day to one full day, however he 'promised' he could lend another car of similar make and model if my car need to stay in workshop, with this 'promise' I reluctantly have to schedule another appointment this friday morning (11th June) amidst my busy business schedule for this 3rd attempt to resolve such a small issue.

I do have my reservation this's just another ploy to 'pretend' they've 'checked & confirmed' my clock is working fine after their investigation, to be fair to any company of such business scale like Toyota I'm giving them 3rd chance to get this fixed right, if my prediction proves correct that even after this 3rd trip the clock still not being replaced and problem persisted I'll have to give up any confident left for Toyota, it's a sure thing Toyota is going for closure soon by the way they treat their customer, their customer service personnel have no idea what's constitute good customer service & that every company needs repeated business from satisfied customers to keep their company going, and the reason for such company failing is just because they failed to honor such a small warranty claim, I'm not even claiming for the other car defects I've noticed since the beginning which their service personnel always says 'it's normal for this problem to happen', thing s such as badly assembled door which needs to slam hard to get it closed properly, this type of car quality is similar to proton car, this proves again Toyota QC these days sucks big time.

A very dissatisfied Customer.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   simmone31 0 Votes
I totally agree with you. All the heads will not return calls or answer your calls. Their secretary is like an shield; will give all sorts of excuses from meetings to going outstation and when one asked when is the customer service manager coming back then she will say that your case is transffered to another person and when one asked to speak to the other person, she will answer she/he is not at his/her desk. Try writing in formally...after a few times you can sort the consumer tribunal court for help. I'm pist with their service too. Not even a courtesy call.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   simmone31 0 Votes
write in to newspapers...not many ppl can read your complaints.
 24th of Dec, 2012 by   vinodbmw 0 Votes
my vehicle met an accident and we handover the vehicle to the radha madhav toyota at guntur at 15-12-2012.They didn't change the spare parts even not answering properly and i found there some irresponsible fellows at sevice .If the same way will continue after two days i'll take the toyota company to consumer court

How To Use Online Auctions Safely