Posted:

Poor Toyota Service

4.45
Malaysia
Hi All,

I would like to make a complaint about poor Toyota service I received in Malaysia, I've sent in my car twice for Toyota service center personnel to check on my internal car clock for keep on slowing down after a couple of days even though I've adjusted it back to the right time many times, the 1st visit I make to one of the Toyota service center didn't result in a part replacement, the technician was saying he has 'reset' my clock and it was working according to him, later I found the problem came back again, 2nd visit on 27th May 2010 I make to another Toyota service center the technician mention he has 'cleaned the fuse & contact point', but the problem re-occur again in couple of days.(their invoice#150V115370)

Both experience give me an impression that even though customer may have pay a premium to bought a Toyota which 'supposed' to be providing good quality car & world class customer service, but actual dealing with them actually just give customer headache and wasting time on resolving a small problem such as a clock issue which could be fixed by a simple replacement, after all how much is a clock worth compared to our valuable time spend on multiple visit & their reputation in stake ?

In another attempt on 4th June 2010 to sort out this matter with their freephone customer service at 18008869682 to claim my fundamental customer rights to claim defective part under warranty, the lady who handled my case mention she'll check & get back to me soon which she never did, this again shows lack of responsibility & accountability, with above poor technician competency & poor customer service received I hereby advice whoever interested to buy Toyota car please think again and check how many people has complaint about Toyota before you go into misery just like rest of us, its' no wonder so many Toyota car defects and complaints has came up of late, this shows the company is heading for closure soon, so be warn that your new Toyota car may not get the warranty they promise once their company closed down due to bad management & bad customer treatment.

Rgds
Dissatisfied Customer
Complaint comments Comments (50) Complaint country Malaysia Complaint category Car Service Centers

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

TOYOTA - Be careful
TOYOTA
www.toyota.com

Watch out for Toyota of Danville, IL. If they tell you something is wrong with your car, take your vehicle elsewhere. I was told I had a nail in my tire, but I decided to take my car to Sears because of all of the shady stories I've heard about Toyota & their claims of practically everyone having nails in a tire. It's a scam... Sears couldn't find this nail because it didn't exist. Next time I went to get my oil changed, they said nothing else about the nail because it just simply wasn't there. Every single person I've spoken to who has gone to Toyota for one reason or another has had a nail in his or her tire. Are there really that many nails around Danville streets, or is Toyota of Danville trying to screw its customers? Hmmm...I'm going with the latter. My stepmom went to Toyota for here check engine light coming on. According to the Toyota mechanics "a mouse had gotten under the hood & chewed the wires." It would then cost $3, 000 to fix the wires & they said the car was "not safe to drive." Feeling a bit suspicious, my stepmom took her vehicle to another mechanic. He found that a mouse had not chewed the wires, but they were installed incorrectly by the Toyota mechanics. Since the part needed to fix the problem was only $10, we're all a little baffled at how Toyota came up with it costing $3, 000. I warn you, Danville consumers, be careful with these scammers!!
 21st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Although I love my car (and all the other Toyota's I have purchased in the past), the recent delivery of my 2008 Yaris Liftback has left a sour taste in my mouth. Here is the laundry list of my recent bad experience.

When I approached the dealership a few months ago with interest in purchasing a Yaris, they tried to get a $500 deposit for a "special order" from me. After some talking I found out that there was really no such thing, they said they could only make a request to receive a car after it comes into port. At this point, I told them that if they can find a car I am interested in, I will give them a deposit.

About a month later, the salesman called me with a car he found. I came in, signed the paperwork, gave him the money, and was told that the car would be transported from the other dealer the next day. The next day when I arrived at the dealer, I was informed that the car had been sold to someone else even though I was told the car was mine and I had signed the paperwork for having the car transferred to my dealer.

They kept my deposit and another month went by. I ended up researching incoming vehicles myself and gave the dealer the VIN # of the car I wanted—the only factory option installed on the car were the fog lights. I specified some additional SET options I wanted installed on the car (interior lights, stereo, splashguards, mats, exhaust tip, and electrochromic mirror) and received an email from the dealer confirming these options and the price. The day the vehicle was to arrive, I signed all the paperwork, finalized the loan, had a temporary registration, but guess what??? The car DID NOT show up!

A week later, the car finally did arrive--with a large dent in the driver's door no less. I was told that they would fix the dent for me during the week and do "whatever it takes to make me happy." Since my truck was in the shop (someone crashed into my truck a few days prior) I went ahead and accepted the car under the condition that they would fix the problem.

I scheduled an appointment for them to fix the door, and took my Yaris home. The next morning, during my long commute to work, I discovered the following problems: the interior lights installed were white and orange interior (not the blue ones I ordered), the stereo installed was a crappy Audiovox/Advent Stereo (which didn't work properly—audio from CD was unlistenable, illumination didn't work properly, and it wasn't the Toyota Stereo I ordered--not to mention they charged be $400 for this $50 sub-standard radio) the center armrest was loose and damaged, there was no exhaust tip installed, and the dome light switch was broken. Needless to say, I was not happy!

A few days later, I brought the vehicle back to the dealer for them to fix the dent. The dent was pulled and the result was satisfactory to me but it was not perfect—if you look closely you can still see a small dent in the door. With regard to the radio, the customer service manager had the service department look at the radio and they confirmed that the unit was broken. The manager said they would order me another stereo and I told him, "No way, this is not the unit I ordered and I am not going to pay $400 for a piece of *** Wal-Mart stereo."

According to the manager, the reason my car was delayed at port was because they ran out of the radio I had ordered and installed this one instead (without my approval.) I told the manager that this type/quality of non-functioning radio was unacceptable to me and that I would put my own unit in. I requested a refund for the broken unit and was told by the manager this “was not an option.” Prior to this, the manager had been cordial but his tone began to change after discussing the radio.

He had the service department look at my other issues and obviously told them I was a “troublesome customer.” When the car came back from the service department the paperwork said my complaints were “interior lights don’t work and center console is installed at wrong angle.” The mechanic’s comments were: “interior lights functional and center console angle is not adjustable and is built into the car per Toyota design specifications.” When I read this I was furious—I grabbed the service manager and told him to look at broken center armrest. I explained to him that I am not some dumbass customer complaining about “everything”, I am a mechanic with 16 years experience and know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. When I explained to him that I was complaining about the armrest (loose, not fully secured, with broken plastic around the bottom of it which secures it to the center console), he noticed that the armrest was indeed damaged—he ordered a new armrest and a new dome light assembly (which was also broken as I stated.) With regards to the interior lights, he said that would be something I would have to take up with the customer service manager.

When I spoke to my salesman he told me that he would make everything right and that I would be receiving a phone call from the customer service manager. Here it is two months later—and the issues are still not resolved. In order to make this right the following needs to happen: I need a refund for $399 for the Audiovox radio (I will surrender the unit back to the dealer or SET), and I need the correct interior light kit given to me (I will be more than happy to install this myself as I am done dealing with Harrelson Toyota in Rock Hill, SC).

This experience has been one of the most frustrating things I have ever dealt with in my life. In this country, when a person purchases a new vehicle, it is a given that the vehicle should be 100% when it is received by the customer—if not, then the dealer should “make things right.” As you can see, this has not happened. The dealer will not work with me, the distributor will not work with me, and Toyota America will not work with me—I have filed complaints with all of these entities and all of them give the same answer: There is nothing we can do.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Toyota - never finished work on our truck
toyota of willimgton n.c.

We bought our truck at Toyota of Willimgton on June 2005. We were suppose to have running boards, dvd system, grill deflector, sun roof wind reflector, tonnue cover, jvl subwoofer. As of today we already put in a complaint. We have been to a lawyer in Willimton and had no response. My husband is disabled and I have to now write this complaint again. Is there any help out there that we can get? This is not right. This is my first time I ever had a truck that was mind and I was suppose to be happy. Well I am not and I will not give up. If this lawyer doesn't want to help, I will go to consumer affairs. This is just not right. We live in Myrtle Beach and we went there because the sales person said he had a really nice truck that was perfect for us. We spent the whole day there and wasn't even offered a drink. Then the price he showed us was the wrong price on the paper work that when they went to write everything up the sales person kept messing up the paper work. Listen after all day a car dealership all we wanted to do is to go home which was an 2 hours away. We were tired. Now can someone help us. Sincerely Lisa Ault
 29th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm having similar problems with a 2010 Toyota Sienna. DVD was dealer installed - but they over cut the roof liner so you can clearly see cuts. Plus, there is a large cap between the liner and the DVD.
I also got a remote starter. BUt, when you start the car with the remote, you can't unlock the doors - unless you stop the car with the remote. How dumb is that?
When they installed the DVD they made a mess of the interior.
When I returned the van to get the DVD fixed (it started to fall down), they lent me a van but told me I had to bring it back clean and full of gas or they'd charge me $80. BUt, the loaner was gross when I got in it (crakers, chocolate, kleenex...etc all over). Plus, when I finally got my van back they had used 1/8 tank of gas. So, I should have charged them $80 for cleaning their loaner and them not bring my van back full.
This is my first and last Toyota. Say what you will about GM, but I have NEVER, NEVER had a problem with GM service or "making things right" on a purchase of a new vehicle and I've bought 4 NEW GMs in the past.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

TOYOTA - Awful service
Toyota

In 2006 Toyota RAV4 released a Technical Service Bulletin of a manufacturing defeat in the computer (EDC) that goes transmission problems. Toyota has not recalled the RAV4 I can only say due to the cost of repairs. This defeat is costing the consumer thousands of dollars to repair. I am one of those consumers. I was told by our local dealership that Toyota will only repair for free if the vehicle is under 8 years or 80, 000 miles, which mine is not. What can you do to help the average consumer with this problem?
 8th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Toyota - bab mothor
toyota
California

I have 2003 toyota with 1.8 motor . Its N/g the has 73000 miles has had reg oil chages . I call toyota cs about my motor . They told me they wood give me 1000.00 for a new car or they wood help pay for a new moter when i ask how much i was told it is on case by case .then they told i had get the car to the dealer after phone calls i got them to cove the tow but i still have to pay to have it check out the dealer said he wood work with me about this very nices people a the dealer. I check around the ethernet i found there were a lot of people that have the same thing with this engine. toyota said there motor has no recall on it . the car is a the dealer waiting to hear about more to come
 8th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Some update to the matter above.

Today 8th June 2010 I've made another attempt to lodge a complaint via Toyota malaysia website to claim my consumer right, apparently some customer service manager by the name 'Mr. Saravanan' called me however he was not willing to provide a part replacement for the faulty clock, instead he 'Insisted' I should bring in my car to Toyota workshop again for his 'specialist' to further diagnose & troubleshoot the clock issue, though I've asked him what could his 'specialist' do to diagnose a factory assembled 'electronic clock' which based on my understanding is a non serviceable component, does his 'specialist' have specialised equipment to test the clock ? he can't seem to answer that but still insist on sending my car in for another checkup, I've re-iterated to him this will cause me have to waste another half day to one full day, however he 'promised' he could lend another car of similar make and model if my car need to stay in workshop, with this 'promise' I reluctantly have to schedule another appointment this friday morning (11th June) amidst my busy business schedule for this 3rd attempt to resolve such a small issue.

I do have my reservation this's just another ploy to 'pretend' they've 'checked & confirmed' my clock is working fine after their investigation, to be fair to any company of such business scale like Toyota I'm giving them 3rd chance to get this fixed right, if my prediction proves correct that even after this 3rd trip the clock still not being replaced and problem persisted I'll have to give up any confident left for Toyota, it's a sure thing Toyota is going for closure soon by the way they treat their customer, their customer service personnel have no idea what's constitute good customer service & that every company needs repeated business from satisfied customers to keep their company going, and the reason for such company failing is just because they failed to honor such a small warranty claim, I'm not even claiming for the other car defects I've noticed since the beginning which their service personnel always says 'it's normal for this problem to happen', thing s such as badly assembled door which needs to slam hard to get it closed properly, this type of car quality is similar to proton car, this proves again Toyota QC these days sucks big time.

A very dissatisfied Customer.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with you. All the heads will not return calls or answer your calls. Their secretary is like an shield; will give all sorts of excuses from meetings to going outstation and when one asked when is the customer service manager coming back then she will say that your case is transffered to another person and when one asked to speak to the other person, she will answer she/he is not at his/her desk. Try writing in formally...after a few times you can sort the consumer tribunal court for help. I'm pist with their service too. Not even a courtesy call.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
write in to newspapers...not many ppl can read your complaints.
 29th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes

Toyota - FJ acuator
Toyota of bend
2225 Hwy 20
Bend
Oregon
Phone: 541-382-4047

Received a foot of snow at our house only to discover the 4 wheel drive isn't working. Took it in and was told that even though the drive train won't work without the actuator it isn't "considered" part of the drive train and even though the vehicle only has 41, 000 it's not under warranty and will cost almost $800 to fix. All they could say was there is nothing we can do. What about stand behind your product! Now we have a $30, 000 2 wheel drive!
 4th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dears,

First I want to introduce my self
I am one of Toyota Lovers since 15 years ago
I believe in Toyota as the biggest & greatest company in the automotive fields
One of my dreams to own of the Toyota models
My dream became a truth in 2008 as I own Toyota yaris

 Unfortunately, I faced a serious problem at Nov 2010
My car had a problem in a fuel injection in beginning of November
As of normal process, I sent mail to Toyota Service centre in Abou Rawash area
Repairing take 3 days (as I will explain in detail later)
Service Centre repot as there is no problem in the Fuel injection system
After receiving the car from my side, I noticed the same problem in the car
Using a truck to carry the car to service centre again (consuming full day for car delivery& repairing)
The car stopped again after only 4 hours of car receiving
Then, I obligated to wait 3 days for the truck to carry my car again
Another 2 days in the service centre to receive my car
The car stopped again after only 4 hours of car receiving ( I am not repeating the words)
This is really happened
Another 5 days in the service centre to receive my car tomorrow
However, I want to highlight some issues I faced during this bad experience:

1- Toyota call centre didn’t receive the phone calls (Follow up of my car status is unknown process)
2- Trucks is not available for 3 days to carry my damaged car (Toyota lost their clients to other unknown & unauthorized service centers)
3- Toyota employees has no interest in customers satisfaction (calling Mr. Sherif Complaint manager in Toyota) without solution
4- There is a time gap between finishing car repairing & customer receiving (No answer from call centre)

As you can see from the above mail
1- 3 weeks left now without my car
2- consuming time & money to follow up my car
3- I was in charge for my car delivery to the service centre using truck twice
4- Losing 4 working days in my current job to receive the car more than one time

Finally I appreciate your fast replay on my mail.

Please accept my respect and regards

Mohamed Elezza
E-mail: mohamed.elezza@etisalat.com
Web: www.etisalat.com.eg
 5th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

TOYOTA - Damage to vehicle
Oranje Toyota
South Africa

had a bad experience with the local Toyota dealer here in Bloemfontein. I took my Avanza yesterday 04/01/2011 for a 60 000KM service. I received my car yesterday afternoon, did not check it because this was not the first time I serviced my car with them and never had dought about their service. This morning, I was made aware that my cars front fog light is broken and then they denied responsibility with an attitude. How can I trust a well-known dealer with my vehicle again? What will be damaged or stolen again if they have to work on my car again. If one can lie, he can also steal. What does one do next?
 17th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
My RAV4 fell under the same 80, 000 warranty scam & sat for over a year until the new bulletin was issued that included the exact diagnostic codes as mine. Hopwever, because of sitting for over a year, the battery needed to be replaced, which wiped clean all the codes (I learned from another source). Since Toyota couldn't duplicate the diagnostic codes in the bulletin, they wouldn't fix my car. I have since learned that they KNEW the battery replacement wiped clean all codes until the new battery had at least 50 miles. Unbelievable that Tpoyota really believes that the issue of the Bulletin made them look good to the general public; however their failure to make good on it - speaks volumes.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

TOYOTA - Can't Give Me An Answer
Toyota

My 2008 Rav4 Sport had been making noises so we took it to our local Toyota dealer. The first time, they said they didn't hear anything. The second time, they said it was the motor mounts, so they were going to replace them. This was in September 2010.

When they were done with the repair, they told me that Toyota recommended a new transmission, but that the car was safe to drive. The part was ordered October 1st.

By the end of December, the car was not drivable at all (at least not safely). In fact, any time you tried to stop, the car would fight the brake (for example, my husband said to put the car in neutral any time I needed to stop). We let our dealer know and they provided us with a rental and said the car should be fixed soon.

Jump ahead a month - it is now the end of January. I was told by Toyota Corp that the part should be in between Jan 11th and the 25th. Guess what, it's not here. I am still driving the rental and can't seem to get my contact at Toyota on the phone. I don't even know what to do any more... all I know is I am PISSED!
 13th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

TOYOTA - Rear speaker defect
Toyota

I purchased a 2005 Toyota Camry, LE, one week ago, used. I noticed while listening to the radio, the rear speaker making a funny noise. Upon investigation, I lightly touched the speaker, it crumbled into a big whole, the other speaker is cracked across, and I dare not touch it. I did not notice this when purchased, and I guess the dealer did not either. I plan on calling tomorrow to find out if they will repair it, but while online tonight, I ran across this forum, and there was 11 pages of other people who experienced the same thing. I felt it my duty to report this. I plan on showing the information to the dealer, as well. It seems to me this is justification for Toyota to make a recall and make restitution?? Please advise! Check out this web-site and feel free to offer me any suggestions in order to get this repaired, recalled, etc.
 13th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
hello
 9th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Toyota - Loud engine Voice
Toyota Egypt
Egypt
toyotaegypt.eg

Ater making the overall Service 2 on 5-4-2011 a the engine started producing Loud Sound, then i visited the service again they to solve this problem but the engineer responsible of the Car (eng. Ahmed Medhat) said that the reason for this sound is due to the change of Gas filter that was changed in the last service done lately and that he couldnt solve the problem till now and it is really anoying driving the Car with such noise ... i really cant understand that the offical service Center For Toyota in Egypt (Abbasia Branch) Cant solve Such a problem . please i need to solve this problem as fast as possible Because i m lgoing abroad at the end of this week on a Business trip.

Regards,

Contact Email: y_shosha@yahoo.com Mobile: +2 0174771619
 9th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Toyota - Horrible service
Texas

A company and how it deals with keeping track of payments made means a lot to and speaks very loud. My daughter bought a car from Toyota a year ago and it seems that they can not keep track of her payments made. Not only that; she called them to talk to them and gave them her information they needed and thisguy proceeds to talk to her all about her account. Then when she complains to them about her not being able to access her account online because they changed up their site; this idiot she is talking to tells her that he can't discuss her account unless she signs in online. Are they for real??? If they are that incompetent I will NEVER buy a car from them. You know they say word of mouth is the best advertisement so I will tell anyone I talk to never to buy a car from them. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!

NOT A FUTURE CUSTOMER
 1st of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Toyota - Stay away
Toyota Car Lottery International

from Toyota Car Lottery International Promotions China,
reply-to toyotaclaims@consultant.com
date Tue, Apr 6, 2010
subject CONGRATULATIONS!!! From Toyota Car Lottery International Promotions China.

Toyota Car Lottery International Promotions China,
Customer Service Department
Toyota Motor Corporations, China.
28 Tanfield Road Tiaxiu lio Beijing China

PRIZE AWARD NOTIFICATION

DEAR Sir/MADAM

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement made today, You are among the winners of the TOYOTA CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 2, 500, 000 email addresses of individuals and companies from all part of the world as part of our electronic business Promotions Program.

As a result of your visiting various websites we are running the E-business promotions for. You/Your Company email address, attached to ticket number 719-226-1319, with serial number 902-66 drew the lucky numbers 05, 12, 30, 11, 17, 43 and Bonus number 10, Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/ 453L /GMSA and consequently you won in the Second Category of the TOYOTA FORTUNE LOTTO DRAW.You have therefore been approved for the payment of the sum of US$1, 000, 000, 00 in cash, including a Toyota camry 2008 model which is the winning present /amount for the Second category winners. This is from the total prize money of US$40, 650, 000.00 shared among the international winners in the Second category.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Please be informed that your won fund of the sum of US$1, 000, 000.00 is now with the payee center. Contact our agent and give them your full names so that they will re-insure your winning fund under your full names. Together with the port where your winning car should be shipped to.

To begin your claim, please call our claim agent or send email immediately to:-

Mr.Renben Liao

5. Sex:
6. Nationality:
7. Country of Residence:
8. Telephone/Fax Number:

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference and batch numbers and other information provided above and below in every one of your correspondences to your claiming agent.

Congratulations'' once again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotions program.

Sincerely,
Madam Joy Tang
Online coordinator
www.Toyota.com.cn
 25th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

TOYOTA - Stay away
TOYOTA ONLINE CAR

TOYOTA ONLINE CAR /CASH AWARD PRIZE NOTIFICATION.
From: alfred1@insightbb.com
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:04 July 2007 03:35:20
Reply-to:consultant_ukagentwhite014@yahoo.co.uk

To:

Security scan upon download alfred1.vcf (0.1 KB)

This is a notification mail regarding a program held on the 1st of July 2007, you are therefore informed that your e-mail address has been picked as one of the winner of 250, 000.00 pounds and a brand new toyota S R 1.8 .
Contact your agent,
Sir Terry Morgan,
E-mail: consultant_ukagentwhite014@yahoo.co.uk

is this a scam, looks like it to me!

Toyota Logo Toyota