logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Electrolux
Double Oven will not heat after cleaning process
2. (3 mins ago)
morphsuits.com
not so nice
3. (13 mins ago)
Ymax Oration
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
www.ea.com
Being charge a fee yearly that we do not want
5. (14 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Total Protect Gold Home Warranty, Arlington, Texas Complaints & Reviews - AC replacement

Total Protect Gold Home Warranty Contacts & Informations

Total Protect Gold Home Warranty

Posted: 2011-07-26 by    Sally2u

AC replacement

Arlington, Texas
I recently filed my first claim with Total Protect. My A/C unit stopped working in the middle of July in Texas during this 3 digit heatwave! A tech was supposed to come out between 8-12 Monday. 1230 and no one had arrived. Called Sears, which is who Total Protect made the appt with, to find out where the tech was. He had called in sick, but not one had bothered to call to tell us as we sit waiting in thisd 95 degree house! They told us the next available appointment would be Thursday. Unacceptable. We called Total Protect and they made an appointment with another company to come out ASAP. I thought this meant Total Protect was a company on it's toes ready to take care of their customers. Boy was I wrong. The guy they sent out, from J and L AC repair, was nice, but incompetent. He didnt bring any of the tools or machines he needed, and didnt bother getting into the attic where part of the system for the AC is. Instead of leaving and coming back with the propter tools, he wrote a report that was contradictory to what he said was the problem. So the drama begins. Our AC was not repairable. Total Protect told us that we didnt do the proper upkeep on our unit, so they were not going to replace it. They told us that had we called for the 1 of the 4 free maintenance services, it would be covered. Ok but wait, i havent been with you guys but a few months. So when should i have done this. But then when they explain what the service covers, there's no mention of AC upkeep! I am beyond confused at this time. I explain to them that the guy they sent out to fix the AC did a half -A job, they offer to send someone out for a second opinion...at our cost. This is the worst home warranty company ever. It's like they will do and say anything just so they wont have to replace broken appliances. At this point in time, I've been without AC for 4 days, with no ending in sight, other than me shelling out thousands of dollars for a new unit.What am i paying them for?! What a waste of money! I think I'm going back to AHS!!!
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections