Tlg Great Fun

Unathorized charges

Trilegiant
New Jersey
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST TRILEGIANT AKA TLG GREAT FUN

This website below is starting a class action lawsuit against Trilegiant. If you were one of the what seems like hundreds of consumers who were duped into this membership then follow this link and add your information. It's about time someone does something about this! It also provides a list of the names they do business under such as TLG Great Fun.

I bought a product from a company called EZ Comfort (personal care products), during my shopping experience I filled out their "Rebate Eligibility" form. Turns out I wasn't eligible for a product rebate but was signed up for this $12.99 monthly entertainment card with TLG Great Fun. I had no idea and would not have agreed to any such thing as I am living on unemployment and can't even make my mortgage payment!!! And I could admit user error if I had received the card and the charge right away but I ordered from EZ Comfort at the beginning of February and didn't receive any correspondence or charge from TLG until the beginning of April. Seems to me like if this was legitimate I would have received a letter, email or welcome package immediately and my card would have been charged in February or March.

EZ Comfort is obviously getting something from Trilegiant for this sleazy duping and selling of their customers to them. When I called and explained the situation EZ Comforts had no comments other than I applied to see if I was eligible for a $20 rebate which automatically entered me in to this card. When I asked her why they would offer a customer a $20 rebate on an order that came to $11.97 WITH shipping she couldn't answer. Yeah, that's not a scam at all.

I called my bank to have the charge reversed but as always CHASE was looking out for their customers and told me TRILEGIANT would have to authorize the charge cancellation!!! Even after I explained I DIDN"T authorize the membership to begin with!!! I'm guessing there's an affiliation there too!

Trilegiant (AKA TLG Great Fun) canceled my membership and agreed to refund my account but it would take 1-2 billing cycles which means if they follow through (which does not appear to be there usual practice from all the complaints) I'll see that money in 1-2 months.

I have other personal issues going on and need to cancel my bank account now so I'll never see that refund. I tried to explain that to TLG but it fell on deaf ears. I'm out the $12.99 but I signed up for the lawsuit. I suggest anyone else with complaints do the same thing. Don't forget to write a complaint about or to the company that gave you up to Trilegiant too. Orbitz, EZ Comfort, Priceline, etc. They're getting something from Trilegiant in order to hand you over like that. I don't know whom I'm more pissed at Trilegiant or the company who gave them my card!!! Either way both have lost a customer!!

As a side note for the poster who stated they worked for TLG and it was not a scam but customer failure to read the fine print... Search the internet, I found 3-4 DIFFERENT sites on my first search devoted to page after page of complaints from customers who did NOT know they were being signed up, who were charged several months after their original non TLG purchase that led to their membership, and who were charged repeatedly AFTER receiving a cancellation confirmation # from TLG. While I can agree that if you were charged for several months or as one poster stated years BEFORE realizing it then that is a personal issue but for the hundreds of other consumers who responded IMMEDIATELY (some of us while the charge was PENDING) on the basis of a product "rebate eligibility" or "protection" THIS IS A SCAM!!! Or it would be in large bold print that you are being redirected to an Entertainment Value Card and it would happen at the end of your purchase not during it and people would recognize the name on the charge. In that case there would be at the most maybe one page of complaints not more than 13 on this site alone. How does it feel to know you make your living off other peoples frustration, tears, and loss???

Complaint comments Comments (73) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

24th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I called my bank and i told them about this illegal or unauthorized charges on my card and they have no idea either. I think this company is robbing us of our identities. I say it's "Identity Theft".
 19th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Great Fun - Unauthorized charges

As a Quicken user, I recognized this bogus charge on its second appearance. It appeared on my charged card as TLG*GREATFN55506578AUG. Google search revealed a vast number of complaints against this company. I called mastercard and they immediately recognized the scam. They advised me to call 1-800-290-8603, Great Fun's office number, and protest the charges as unauthorized. Mastercard's security said that I should have no trouble getting the credits issued for the two months activity. TLG stands for Trilegiant and their strategy appears to be to piggyback transparently onto some other purchase and then assess a small enough monthly fee that a busy person won't notice the unauthorized charge! Despicable.

I am grateful to this site for helping me instantly recognize the scam as a scam.
 23rd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I understand! They did he same thing to me! a total fraud!
 28th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
TLG Great Fun is fraud. They charge me $11.99 without my notice. I never know and make online purchase.
 8th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had charges for $109.99 appear on my credit card. Called the company and submitted a dispute. This company is a ripoff and needs the Feds involved in this.
 24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

TLG Great Fun - Unauthorized charges
TLG Great Fun
Maryland

I don't have any idea who these people are but, I will be contacting an attorney in regards to the unauthorized charges to my checking account. I check my online banking daily and I noticed that a charge of 11.99 has been debited from my account. I called this TLG Great Fun the office was not open as of yet. I will be demanding my funds be returned to my account and notify my banks fraud department to be aware and not to allow these people to debit my account. Something needs to be done and these people should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and consumers should be warned on a regular about these types of scam artist.
 12th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered several items off the internet around Christmas. When I checked my credit card bill I assumed it was something that I had purchased. I just realized that my card has been charged at least 4 times. I called the Great Fitness who basically said it was an agreement I made when I ordered from CustomDirect. I have never ordered from them. Great Fitness will not refund my money but did offer to give me vouchers that I could mail in with receipts of new purchases I made. $10. for 4 different purchases. Not acceptable. This is such a scam.
 13th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Ok i just wright a complaint awhile ago about this company that there taknig out money from my account i just found out right now that theve been taking out money since august till feb, this people are crazy, i want my money back 69.93 to my account pls, once again this the no that they gave me 55529379 and the cancelation no w6397270213.
 7th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too found a $12.99 charge to my debit card from TLG*GREATFUN. I called the 800 number & the lady told me I'd signed up thru CLASSMATES ON LINE. I told her I'd never heard of them & waqnted this to stop. She told me several times that this was a grear service & wanted to tell me all about them. I kept telling her I was not interested . I told her all I wanted was my money back in my account, this to never happen again & my name taken off their list. She finally seamed to be willing to help me. she told me I would be credited back ( in a month ) and name taken off list. So Classmates on Line is another site to be carefull of if you sign up.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have also been charge by Great Fun. They have charged my credit card twice.
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

GreatFun - Unauthorized charges
greatfun and autoadvantage
2206 tice valleyblvd
Walnut Creek
California
Phone: 7078530023

i called in your customer service last feb to stop the monthly charges of this great fun that I havent used it since it was issued and i dint need it . they chraged me 11.99 per month to my debit crd . I want my money back
 21st of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ALSO RECIEVED THIS OFFER WHEN I BOOKED A FLIGHT WITH PRICELINE AND I DID AGREE TO THIS DEAL BUT NOW I REGRET IT. I AGREED TO IT TO RECIEVE 15% OFF THE TOTAL FLIGHT WHICH WAS ALMOST 800 DOLLARS BUT I ONLY RECIEVED A CHECK FOR 45 DOLLARS WHICH TO ME SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE. I TRIED TO CONTACT THE COMPANY TO CANCEL THE MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE THEY SAID I COULD IF I WASN'T SATISFIED BUT I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF ANYONE SO I STILL HAVE THIS MEMBERSHIP AND IT IS BEING DEDUCTED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT MONTHLY. I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME AND AT THE SAME TIME DO I CASH THE CHECK THAT THEY SENT ME.
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Great Fun - Unauthorized charges
Great Fun
Phone: 800-285-5903
www.greatfunonline.com

This company is pulling latest CC scam. They are 3rd party running off priceline.com to view tickets. I did not authorize this charge but did use CC 4 mos ago to purchase a ticket. They must store your CC information. I am disputing charge at present. This is scam to rip people of via the internet... watch out!!!

My credit card company knew exactly who and what I was talking upon the mention of GREAT FUN. After doing some internet research I dis covered this has been an on going thing since 2006, maybe even soon. Why hasn't any organization or watch dog group taken this company down a notch.
 27th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Small amount?? They hit my credit card for $119.99! Orchard Bank refuses to see this as a fraudulent hit on my card and wants me to call the assholes who stole from me to get it back. I'm disgusted with both of them.
 11th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Great Fun Tlc - Unauthorized charges
Great Fun TLC
www.greatfunonline.com

There seems to be hundreds of complaints about this company, Great Fun, TLC, revolving around the same subject: unauthorized charges to credit cards. Ditto for me--twice. When this happened the first time I managed to get someone at the company who told me my "subscription" was canceled. Nice of them to cancel something I never signed up for. Several months have gone by, and now I discover another charge, this time for $12.99. Seems to me that some lonely lawyer out there could have a field day with this outfit. They are getting credit card numbers (sold to them by legitimate on-line companies?) and simply charging the cards. One of the complaints I read rang a bell: the complainant stated that he had not had this charge until he used Orbitz on line to set up trip. Same thing with me! Maybe, maybe not, they are the culprit here. Nevertheless, this Great Fun outfit is blatantly stealing from people's accounts. I have just requested a new credit card to stop the charges. In the meantime, it seems to me this is fertile ground for a class action suit.
 30th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Does anyone have a way to get a hold of TLC Great Fun because they have my debit card number?
 21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

GreatFun - Unauthorized charges
GreatFun
Connecticut

I got charged 11.99 from GreatFun and not knowing what the services were and how I got into it. Mine started from Jun 10, 2008, I did n't notice it till today. I called my credit card company and was suggested to contact GreatFun directly as the charges could not be disputed. I called Great Fun and found out that I somehow got signed up via priceline.com. Its a membership annual service charges. I told them to stop it immeditaly and asked for credit back . Haven't got my credit back yet. This must be stopped right away. Be aware when you shopped online.
 5th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
DO NOT KNOW THIS COMPANY, HAVE DEBIT OF $35.99. DATE 08-05-08
 6th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
My girlfriend too they sustract 11.99
 11th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
took 59.99 out of my account without my permission or authorizion.

Great Fun Logo Great Fun