logo

mann travel
rip off
4. (33 mins ago)
esmartsupply.com
No explanation why they didn’t get orders back
5. (41 mins ago)
Australian Wine Index
boiler room wine investment scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Time Warner Cable, Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - $200 Rewards Card

Time Warner Cable Contacts & Informations

Time Warner Cable

Posted: 2011-11-24 by    kclouie3@roadrunner.com

$200 Rewards Card

Time Warner Cable
Los Angeles, California
I was told that if I switched to Time Warner Cable Bundle and registered on line, I would receive a $200 Rewards Visa Card. I also sent in a copy of the old cable company's monthly statement which proved that I had switched cable companies. This was six months ago and I have not received my reward.
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Mar, 2012 by   Kristy in Murrieta, CA +1 Votes
This same thing is happening to me. I have been through numerous people telling me that all requirements have been met, but that the gift cards are on back order!!! I was supposed to receive the $200 gift card no later than the end of January and now I'm told that it will be the end of May!! That's nine months after I signed up...we'll see what happens in May!!
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   Cathy Carlsbad, CA +1 Votes
The same thing is happening to me in Carlsbad, CA. Time Warner representatives changed the dates I am supposed to receive my gift card several times. A supervisor told me today that I will receive my gift card in May. Time Warner service sucks.
 1st of Jul, 2012 by   Ken332 +1 Votes
Same with me, now they claim someone used it. I know I didn't, and it's been nearly a year since I made the request. I'm confident it's some sort of trick they use to get customers. Now they are telling me that "time warner is not responsible."
 15th of Sep, 2012 by   shirley adair +1 Votes
why have i not received my 200 dollar gift card signed up in april 2012 its now september 5 months no gift card whats next lets get it in the mail call me to let ne know ms. shirley adair @ 40965542435 asap
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   jim3542 +1 Votes
I am experiencing the same result after numerous attempts to Time Warner Cable about this very issue. I was promised a $100.00 Visa ATM card when I switched to their service. I have had several contacts with TWC representatives and have been told this offer is valid and they would personally contact to rebate fulfillment center to get it straightened out for me and not to worry, I would get my Visa rebate as promised. It has been three more months since then and I have not received anything except a bill for the next month of service. This is an apparent marketing scam on Time Warner's part to enlist new customers with the promise to issue a rebate, knowing that there will never be any rebate issued. THIS IS A SCAM! I will file a complaint with the BBB and also with my city to hold this company accountable for this offer
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   Texas101 0 Votes
I too have been getting the run around about receiving my $200 Visa Gift Card! I signed up in May 2012 and its now December!! Every time I call, I end up on the phone for about an hour with no results what so ever! Now they are telling me they have to "Investigate what happen and it will take 90 Days to do so!! I will also be contacting the BBB! I wonder if we could get enough people together where we could file a law suit?!? As we all signed up for a False Advertisement!!
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   DDCHRIS +1 Votes
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SAME THING THAT I WAS GOING TO RECEIVE A 200$ FOR CHANGING FROM DIREC TV TO TWC THAT I WILL RECEIVE IT THRU THE MAIL. IT SUCKS THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT I DO WANNA SUE CAUSE I PAID 400$ CANCELATION FEE WITH DIRECTV I DONT THINK THAT IS RIGHT WHAT THEY DID KNOW THAT I KNOW OTHERS HAVE THE LAKER CHANNEL I MIGHT JUST GET RID OF THESE SCAMMERS TWC THEY DNT DESERVE MY MONEY LOW LIFE AS TWC CANT COMPLY WITH THERE PROMISES...
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   debbie edelen +2 Votes
I have been given the run around also about my target card it s been almost 6* months since i was told I would get one beginning to think this is a scam i get a different answer each time I call
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   debbie edelen +1 Votes
if they dont come through with their promise we should all cancel
 10th of Feb, 2013 by   Dennis R. Fields +1 Votes
I was told that if I bundle all of my services that I could receive a $200.00 reward card. I want to know how to apply for this card? I did this bundleing 1/26/13 and I was told by your representative Andre BonHomme.
 10th of Feb, 2013 by   Dennis R. Fields 0 Votes
Your representative Andre BonHomme took down all the information about my old services which was century link.
 19th of Jul, 2013 by   bdcanute +1 Votes
we have been told that if we sent in our old satellite bill we would receive a 200dollar credit card also its been 3 months and still cant get know answers what kind of company is this we have called time warner they tell us to call tri star cant get anywhere
 22nd of Jul, 2013 by   TWC Texas +1 Votes
You will recieve a postcard and/or email with a unique redemption code. Once received, you will need to register with your code at www.twc.com/holidaypromo within 30 days of installation and upload your competitor bill for proof that you are switching from a different provider. No need to upload if you signed up at Best Buy. Once you maintain your services and stay in good standing for 90 days the card will begin to process. You will receive the card within 4-6 weeks past the 90 day period.
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   CFKoch +1 Votes
We joined in Jan. 2013, at the Chino Best Buy. We were suppose to receive an Xbox and $200.00 reward card. I finally received Xbox in June, but this was only after I called Time warner, Best Buy and the Time Warner rep every single day for 2 weeks. I am still fighting to get reward card. This is the biggest joke! We will drop Time warner as soon as possible, I suggest everyone do the same! The local customer service reps were VERY UNHELPFUL!!!
 21st of Dec, 2013 by   Kurt Goudy +1 Votes
I also signed up for TWC (cable tv, phone, and internet) on 6/26/13 and was to get a $100 rewards card after 90 days of service and then a 4 to 6 weeks processing time. I registered as required. I paid all my bills on time. After just under 6 months of nothing from TWC, I called and inquired. I was told that the problem is with VISA in that they are behind in processing and mailing the reward cards. When checking my reward status on TWC site, it shows the 90 days completed but the reward is not being processed. TWC advertises this via television adds, mailings, and internet but doesn't keep their end of the contract. I'm sure if I didn't pay my bill, my end of the contract, all the services would be turned off.
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   CMG8980 +1 Votes
I signed up for TWC (cable tv, phone, and internet) on 3/13/13 and was to get a $200 rewards card after 90 days of service and then a 4 to 6 weeks processing time. I registered as required. I paid all my bills on time. After about 6 months of nothing from TWC, I called and inquired. I've been told I've met all the criteria and to continue to wait. When checking my reward status on TWC rewards site, it shows the 90 days completed but the reward is not being processed. I have called 7 times and have either been "disconnected", given a Trouble Ticket or told another 4-6 weeks. TWC advertises this via television adds, mailings, and internet but doesn't keep their end of the contract. I'm sure if I didn't pay my bill, my end of the contract, all the services would be turned off. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed, I can't wait until I can exit this contract.
 29th of Jan, 2014 by   dkrich 0 Votes
I signed up over three months ago, just got a flyer in the mail stating to hurry and register for rewards. The web site you are directed to says: register within 30 days of installation or by ?/?/2012. Todays date is 01/29/2014, they are a little late don't you think! I have had nothing but problems with there billing (two months at a time, nothing in between ($300.00 plus)). Someone needs to get there stuff together I would say. Very dissatisfied with this company. What choice does a person have AT&T is even worse with the price gouging practices. Aren't there any honest company's out there with no hidden B.S.?
 8th of Feb, 2014 by   gene rutland 0 Votes
i signed up for bundle was offered reward card no reward card twc are thieves and liars thinking about switching to dish network
 12th of Feb, 2014 by   MikeL DISH 0 Votes
gene rutland,

That's awesome to hear you're considering giving us a try and we'd love to get you added to our family! Please check us out at dish.com for information on what we have to offer and let me know if you have any questions!
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   rgvtwc 0 Votes
The same thing has happened to me. I renewed my plan in Jan 2014. Two weeks later received a post card to register redemption code and was eligible to receive a three hundred dollar reward card. How wonderful, right? Wrong! Two months later the status changed to no longer eligible because they say the plan I signed up for does not qualify for the rewards card promotion. Not even because a representative confirmed it to me in a call I placed to TWC on Jan 24th. I have been contacting TWC every week since March 31, 2014 and all of the representatives give me different answers and tells me someone will contact me. I have written a couple of times to customer care. One rep mentioned a credit will be applied to my account for the inconvenience(not true). Today four weeks later no one has contacted me. Bad business practice. Very Bad.

Warning! Beware of Ponzi Schemes and Pyramid Schemes