logo

2. (3 mins ago)
Saudi Telecom
lucky draw scam
3. (9 mins ago)
Fresh cut bank instrument for lease/SBLC
Fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG,SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds

Thrifty

Posted:    Nick

Scam/Scum

Phone: (303) 342-9400
My wife and I had a terrible experience at the Denver Airport Thrifty. We had booked a car through orbitz and it was to be about 120 for the couple days I needed it. I had the confirmation papers and even called before we left from Detroit to make sure they would have the car.

Well after our flight, we took the shuttle to the Thrifty and I showed them our paperwork. The guy behind the counter said Okay, and which insurance plan do you want? He gave us a middle-tier insurance program.

I then asked what the average cost of gas was in the city, to which he replied "about "$3.15" and we can guarantee your rate of only $2.99 a gallon if you purchase a full tank. - I thought about it and then declined. (I later found out that the average cost of gas there was $2.45)

I give him my card and he wants me to sign the disclaimer/contract.. I read it over and it says the cost is $350.00
I questioned him and he came up with some BS about insurance, taxes, fees. Really a bunch of bull. But we weren't left with much of an option. I asked about if they had cheaper cars I could rent. He said they do.

So I said okay, give me a sub compact and leave that insurance charge off. To which he replied, we cannot do that.
I said, why not? You just said you had smaller cars available. He responded that the computer has my name reserved with that first car we booked weeks earlier and it cannot be voided. I said, I never signed anything. He just said sorry, that is how the system works.
So I said, okay, my wife would like to rent that car then. To which he replied, "We are not taking walk-ins"

I ALMOST LOST IT. I immediately said, I need to speak to a supervisor. 5 minutes later he came back and said that he was in a meeting. I went over the whole situation again and he said we had to leave.

This pathetic rat of a human being had me pretty upset. So we walked out with no car... We walked into Advantage and I was expecting to run into the same thing. This was not the case. We received great help and were so happy with the service, I had the girl add insurance and a full tank of gas to the order so she would get commission. Even with gas and insurance, it was still 120 less than thrifty and the bogus rate.

Stay away from them.
Comments United States Car Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

3 Ways to Clean Up Your Credit History