logo

Rogers
Overcharge on bills
2. (11 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
3. (28 mins ago)
fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Telus Mobility Complaints & Reviews - Very, very unhappy customer!

Telus Mobility Contacts & Informations

Telus Mobility

Posted:    Orel

Very, very unhappy customer!

As a Telus customer for almost a year, I am very unhappy to say that my phone has consistently been giving me a lot of problems with reception, battery life, display problems, and sometimes I don't even receive calls or messages. When I called Telus on Tuesday July 4, 2006 for the first time, I was put of hold for 15 minutes until I finally hung up. Later that day I called again and talked to another representative, Carol. I told her the problem that I was having and explained that I had already sent the phone to be repaired once before with the same problems recurring.

This cellular phone is under warranty and I am regretting having a Telus phone, I would like someone to review this complaint. As a paying client, I feel as if my concerns are not taken seriously, please get back to me with respect to this urgent matter. If I did not need the use of a cellular phone, I would not have purchased one, I am a very, very unhappy customer.

Regards,
Orel.
Comments Canada Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Nov, 2006 by   Chris 0 Votes
Please understand that there is no such thing as a " Telus Phone" as Telus does not make Cell Phones, nor does Telus take responsibility for the phones either. Everything, even the repairs, are handled by the Manufacture.
 26th of Apr, 2007 by   David Myers 0 Votes
I was sacked by telus as a customer, I had a talk Halifax plan was with Telus for over 9 years, tried to get a PDA phone to work in Halifax, had great email and internet,but terrible audio or voice quality tried many many phones even BB phones but voice quality was nasty. So this afternoon one of the senior management people called on my phone and told me i was not allowed in any of their corp stores in Nova Scotia She screamed at me for over 1/2 hour, i asked her what had happened,still dont know, i didnt threaten any employee nor throw my phone or kick nor put my fist threw any walls, but i am now not allowed in any corp stores in Nova Scotia.. Also she cancelled my plan which one cant get any more, i took my business to another carrier. My bill was always paid never left owing any money, this is the way Telus treats its customers like top bananas, their service SUCKS!
 12th of Aug, 2007 by   E. Li 0 Votes
I hate telus, worst telephone company in Canada, their operators are rude, the whole company sucks.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by   Anne E 0 Votes
I bought a htc pda from telus on june 24 2007. It worked with a few glitches here or there, turning off and on on its own, freezing etc. Then suddenly the phone just would not turn on at all. I went into a telus store only to be asked repeatedly if " i used my phone in the shower...". Apparently, i had exposed my phone to moisture and was s.o.l and would have to pay to replace it! I am telling you with all honesty i have never exposed that phone to moisture. I was in tears begging telus associates to believe that i had not exposed my phone to moisture. I am a 27 year old business owner and i was insulted by the treatment i got. The staff was rude and accusatory. I was being convinced to give my "broken" phone to telus and pay 125$ for a new one! (i just paid full price two months ago for a new one!!! )when i asked if i could receive a diagnostic of the problem or notified if it could be fixed i was told "no". Now, someone help me here: why would i hand off a phone i paid full price for and am sure i did not damage, only to never see it again or told what exactly the issue was? What if they discover a defect? What if i can be refunded for my troubles? It all seems very shady to me. I suspect i was sold a refurbished phone and in turn my phone would probably be resold once they fix whatever the problem is. In the meantime my hard earned money is being spent replacing a phone i didn't break in the first place. I am still seeking some advice i can trust and am phone less. If anyone has any advice on how to get this resolved that'd be great. I will keep you posted!
 9th of Sep, 2007 by   Iknow 0 Votes
Everybody which are complaining about their phones make me laugh. If you buy a car and you got to put gas on it with Shell and the gaz has a problem, will you go to your car company complaining about the gaz or you will go to Shell?? Same damn thing with a phone, it's not Telus which is making the phone but the company itself... think about it before complaining on something.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by   TELUS 0 Votes
I hate telus.. they are the worst place ever.. as soon as my contract is up im out of here i cant stand it anymore they are rude everyone is.. we do not have a recorder on here.. nothing is free at all.. problems with the phones occur a lot.. like you cant even preview a ringtone until you buy it.. and you have to buy it.. other companies have sites where it sends them free to their phone.. telus is a rip off.. nothing but problems with them.. save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else.. and even if you have warranty on a phone and something happens its an arguement to get it fixed or replaced.. most time you don't you have to buy a brand new phone that has to be over $120.. it sucks I HATE TELUS RETIRE ALREADY!!
 4th of Oct, 2007 by   Nilesh Deshmukh 0 Votes
Telus service is the worst around. I have recently moved to my acreage and have been fighting with Telus to get a land line installed. This has been going on for over a year. They want information, but never notify you right away. The latest with them is the address to where I live. It took them 2 weeks to let me know they needed this, after giving them the legal land description. I am currently running off a cell phone, which the reception is the greatest out there. If there ever was an emergency, how the hell am I supposed to get a hold of anyone. Not only that, I cannot get internet until I have a land line. In my opinion, Telus is not the greatest company to deal with.

Does anyone know who one can contact to make a direct complaint, as I am tired of being on hold and getting the run around.
 7th of Dec, 2007 by   jen 0 Votes
I am not satisfied at all with the service that Telus provides. First of all, my blue tooth doesn't work and when I called in to ask about this matter they said how its a copyright issue with the government and that's why I can't send ring tones and pictures. Meanwhile, rogers, Fido and other phone companies have working blue tooth. This just proves that Telus wants you to buy their ring tones and pictures. They always want to eat your money. Second off, I kept calling in about 6 times that my cellular phone did not clearly receive calls. I would have to text my contacts in order to tell them the call wasn't clear. Telus did not fix this issue and I've been a client for 4 years now. The stupid thing i did was renew my account. I regret being with Telus and I'm just waiting for my contract to finish so I can leave Telus. I wouldn't recommend Telus to anybody. There phone service is not up to par as they make it seem.
 11th of Jan, 2008 by   Lorraine Usselman 0 Votes
My Telus T.V., Phone, internet was cancelled on Sept.18th because I was moving to B.C. They told me there would be a cancelation fee of $450.00,Which was fine. When I got out here I received a bill of $450.00, which included the rest of what I owed on my bill. A week later I got a bill for $800.00 So I tried getting a hold of someone to talk to, which took me forever. Finally I got a hold of someone and they told me that with all the disconnection fees and with my last bill that it did come to $800.00 and some. Which is a crock of do do. I will never go to telus again. !!!!!
 13th of Mar, 2008 by   John 0 Votes
I hate Telus.
Wow. Service is shit. Phones are shit. Overall its shit.
You have to buy your ringtones, unlike rogers or bell you cant set your mp3s as ringtones, Instead you pay $3.50 plus another download fee of $.50 plus your internet usage on your phone which costs more than the damn ringtone.
My phone was already serviced and it didnt get repaired. same shitty phone... They told me it got a new software system... no.. they lied.. it was the same phone

If there is anyone out there looking to buy a cell phone, BUY ROGERS OR BELL!

DO NOT GO TELUS! YOU WILL REGRET IT..
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   Matt 0 Votes
I have recently being trying to get Telus TV.. actually recently is a joke. I have been trying to get hooked with Telus TV for at least 4 months now. They have a basic package that allows you to pick and choose some channels which appealed to me cuz I do not watch very much of it blah blah blah. Anyways, I canceled my old service when I was told that it was in my area and I could get it right away. After I did this and phoned back to setup an appointment I was informed by another person at Telus that it was not in my area and that I would have to wait, but they would put me on a waiting list and call as soon as it was in the area. I was not going to sign up with my old provider just for a couple of months so I thought whatever.
About 2-3months went by and I phoned in on an unrelated problem with my internet, and off handedly also asked how I was doing on the waiting list. The person said that Telus TV was in the area and informed me I was not a waiting list... wtf? So, whatever I shrugged it off as just one idiot and setup a date to get it installed. Wait another month or so and rearrange my schedule as Telus employees only work bank hours (so basically I have to bend over backwards so I can give them my money?) only to have the guy show up and tell me that because I was not the principal account holder that he could not continue on with the install... I have never had this problem or even heard of this before with any other company (even when I phoned to complain the support staff at Telus thought it was strange). So basically I waited 3-4months for some guy to show up and decide he didn't feel like working anymore. After which I have complained a few times to Telus sales and higher up tiers in the system only to have people tell that they will call me back with a new date for install and then never do.
All this pretty much leaves me to believe that Telus hires only incompetent people. I would suggest that anyone ever thinking of dealing them and to not waste there time or money. Go elsewhere please as Telus obviously is making so much money that they do not even have to consider giving good customer support.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   Matt 0 Votes
^Also I forgot to add that my name is on the account so it wasnt like the guy was just going to have some random sign a form.
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   Unnamed 0 Votes
Ontario Wireless Telus fraud altert. Becareful of any dealings or purchases from this Telus Authorized dealer, you may think your getting solid goods authorized by Telus (HO) infact you could get ANYTHING including grey market phones, unlocked phones, pirate stuff and so on - and for phone plans...they will try to sweet talk you out of anything you are interested in, and substitute that with one of there 'special' plans... My advise is to purchase from a Corporate Telus store - or go to a competitor..
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   meaghan 0 Votes
My telus phone is not recieving text messages?
And im sick of wasteing half an hour on the phone with you to find out things that go wrong like once a month.
I would like it fixed?
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   Tara 0 Votes
TELUS is the worst cellular company i have ever dealt with in my entire life. They suspended my account twice a month claiming it was accidental then went on and charged me $35 to reactivate my account which had my phone my husbands phone and my sons phone so that $35 times 3 and they wouldn't waive the fee even though it was their fault. Then they suspended my account because they received my payment one day late even though it was on time but the bank sent it to them like 10 days after i paid it. It finally got to the point that i requested my service be suspended but instead they terminated my account charging me $500 per phone even though i never asked for the the phones to be terminated within their system. And if that wasn't enough they charged all kinds of stuff to these phones(account) after the termination bringing my balance to $3200 and then after sending me the bill i freaked on them so they sent my account to a collection agency claiming i hadn't paid my bill in a yr. What company would keep you around if you never paid your bill for a yr i wish i didn't have to pay a bill for a yr. This company makes me sick. I have since filed a law suit against the company to prove my case as i don't owe that much money, the total i owe is $300 not $3100.

DON'T EVER USE TELUS DON'T TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO GET TELUS AVOID TELUS AT ALL COSTS AND USE A RELIABLE CELLULAR COMPANY LIKE FIDO OR ROGERS.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   meaghan 0 Votes
So yesterday i put 20$ on my telus cellular phone, and i put 10$ unlimited text i have not used my phone besides text.. and randomly i go and try to send a text and i get a text saying sorry your account is currently zero
my telus number is 289-688-0603
i suggest you fix this problem, i want my 10$ put back on my phone.. plus i want my unlimited text back.
and considering this happened a month ago and i did not complain cause i didnt have the patience nor the time
i want unlimited incoming calling, and unlimited nights and weekends for free!
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Trish 0 Votes
I've been with Telus for years in Alberta. When I recently bought a new phone with a 3 year contract they informed me that there would be no problem switching my plan to Peterborough, Ontario, as I knew I would be moving there to go to school.
Now I'm here and I can't even use my phone. I get no service at my home, school or anywhere even near the area.
I've called "client care" spoken to senior techs and they have offered me no help, but say I have to keep paying for a phone that is useless to me or pay $560!!! to get out of the contract! This is absurd! I bought the phone beause I need the phone! So basically I am forced to pay for this for the next year and a half but I can't even use the thing.
I wonder if I were to buy a phone here would they inform me first that I wouldn't be able to use it at home or school? Doubt it. Ive missed phone calls for job related things and I can't even pick up my messages with no service!

Telus should take responsibility for their poor service and customer care instead of forcing us to pay for shit phones!
 28th of Sep, 2008 by   suzanne johnston 0 Votes
I purchased a telus pay and talk phone today. when i got it registered, it did not work. i was on hold for about a half hour, then this guy from the phillipines told me it would work in 2 hours...that was at 3:00 p.m. it is now 7:27p.m and it still does not work and there is no compensation for this!!! what type of business is this??? TELUS CAN GO TO HELL!!! TELUS IS A SCAM AND THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!
 28th of Sep, 2008 by   dan sanders 0 Votes
I agree with the above posting!!! Same thing happened to me!! I think Telus has ripped me off and they will not compensate me in ANY wat! they beat around the bush all day long and noone will take responsibility!!! If I screwed up at work this bad I would be fired!! They were also rude to me AND hung up on me. One person, Adam gave me his worker I.D #, with no problems yet this bitch named Erin REFUSED to give me any information about her or her boss. This company is VERY unprofessional and rude! Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? Telus does not believe in this!! They believe in fucking everyone who gets in the way or who purchases products from them!!!
 5th of Oct, 2008 by   Jovana K. 0 Votes
I had telus for over ayear and i can easily say that i have never been this "pissed off" by any wireless company. Not only are their operators rude, they are at times completey clueless on their OWN company polices. After being on hold for 15 minutes i would like to ALEAST talk to someone who knows what the hell they are talking about. My first issues with telus started when i bought my first teluse phone i was told that my mothly plan would be 35 dollars with tax but i was ALWAYS overcharged and i found my self calling into customer service almost every month trying to get them to take these random charges off my bill and almost each time i would have to call at least 2 times. After that i momentary switch to fido and then back to telus (big mistake). FIRST OF ALL i decided that this time i would go pay as you go so i wouldnt get ripped off every month but the activation was the biggest hassle. I tried doing it on the phone and i was told that it would be 30 dollars over the phone and 10 online...TO BAD THEIR ONLINE SYSTEM NEVER WORKS. It took me almost a week and a half for me to get my phone activated and worst of all was that evertime i called i would be told to call back another day just so they wouldn't have to deal with me and someone else could...well fuck you! After having the phone for less the 6 months i was absolutly feed up and decided to switch to virgin mobile. I ported over my number but it took telus almost a week to send virgin my information so that they could complete the port. The thing that pissed my off the most was after my number was ported telus restricted my number so i could no longer text any telus phones. So to all my firends it just looked like i wasnt texting them back...thanks. So i called telus and i got the RUDEST person ever. He told me to call virgin and basically yelled at me. Its like im the customer you work for me...

all in all ... i have now completely boycoted telus and anything to do with time
worst customer service of my life

Start Thinking About Year-End Tax Moves Now