logo

Gavel & Gown Software
Amicus Attorney
2. (23 mins ago)
buyforsalecheap.com
Shop didn’t work and no order as well
3. (57 mins ago)
Seven shine cleaning services
Groupon vouchers
4. (58 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
letter stating has won prize
5. (59 mins ago)
Enterprise
paid toll is charged by Enterprise again!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 778-316-9144
www.td.com
I received a letter in the mail today from TD Financial stating that I won a sweepstake lottery drawing that was help on April 1st of this year... There was flag number one! Then I notice that there is a check in the envelope and I look at it and it is for 4950.00 flag number 2. The companies name on the check is The Outsource Group in St. Louis, MO third and final flag there. I do not know where these people got my information from but please people if you get this, do not become a victim of this new fraudulent crime. If the check or information sounds to good to be true then you know it is. Please more people come forward so we can shut this company down for good!
Comments Canada Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2008 by   Gina 0 Votes
I also got one of these in the mail. I will be bringing it to my bank to let them know that this scam is going around and also tell anyone i know about it.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   Kyle Wilson 0 Votes
I received the EXACT same letter. But, I took it to my bank to have it checked out. It checked out after some searching done b7y the banker for the check. She let me take out $600 from the amount of $4, 950.00, which I now owe to the bank because the check bounced AND they closed my account. So, I called the number the letter told me to call and the person on the other end said, "Thank God you called we were about to close your claim. $450, 000.00 is a lot of money to let slip through your fingers! The funds of the check weren't transfered because you didn't call. We will clear that up right away, and after you pay the tax we'll send you a check for $450, 000.00 US by courier within 24 hours!" I then proceeded to check the internet and found out EVERONE who received this letter got scammed the same way. Personally, I'd like to meet whoever sent these out and kick 'em in the family jewls! Most of the people who received these letters are financially unstable. SHAME ON YOU whoever you are for tricking these poor people. I'm not very well of whatsoever but these poor people deserve restitution by any means necessary.
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Elizabeth 0 Votes
BE AWARE. TD Financial, Inc, Canada is a fradulent company. My son received the same correspondance and check that everyone else did. Fortunately, the only loss we substained was the bank fees for the check being returned. I took the letter and the check to our local police department and filed a report. They in turned filed a complaint on my behalf with the FBI. I happen to call the cell number on the letter 1-778-316-9144 and confronted the lady who answered. She hung up on me. I called back several times and she finally answered in a totally different voice than her previous refine and professional voice and told me to "take a flying leap bitch". To my surprise, later that night I received a call on my cell phone from TD Financial and then a text message asking me to cal them. I did not and called to police immediately. If you receive any mailings like these, please take them to your local police department.
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
This scam is far spread. Since June 19, 2008, over $400, 000 in checks have been mailed out to innocent victims, written on Turn One, Inc's account. The dollar amounts do differ, however, the instructions are all the same. Also, the address of TD Financial seems to be changing. The address on the letters I have is 1550 Bedford Highway, Suite 410, Nova Scotia. Suggestion to anyone that has received a similar letter: Contact the company that the check is written from to see if they have made a report. Then contact your local law enforcement agency to report the issue and inform them of the report made by the company itself. The more reports the law enforcement agencies receive, the more information they will have, and hopefully, the closer we are to catching those thiefs!!!
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
TD Financial is sending out false checks to innocent US residents. The letters that accompany these checks inform the recipient they have unclaimed winnings from a LOTTO contest. The dollar amount of the winnings varies, as does the dollar amount of the check. The recipients are instructed to pay government taxes, with the check received, through MONEYGRAM at a WALMART store.

DO NOT fall for this scam!!! Contact the company that the check is written from. Find out if they have filed a report with their local law enforcement. If so, get the information. Then contact your local law enforcement agency, giving them the original claim information as well. The more information our law enforcement agencies have, the closer we can get to catching these theives!!!
 1st of Aug, 2008 by   James L. Murphy 0 Votes
I agree with Kyle Wilson's Complaint. Shame on those people who try to scam Honest people who like anyone Is alway's hoping to one day strike It Rich. I recieved my letter and check on August 1st, 2008. It said that my Ticket with a certain serial number drew the lucky winning number's in the Second category of The Lotto 649 Contest held on May 19th, 2008. They Said That I had won US $ 250, 000.00 Dollar's and once I paid The Government Taxes thru Money Gram located In every Walmart Store's Around me. I was also sent a check for The Amount of $ 4, 920.00 and I was To use some of this money to pay the taxes with, which the tax amount was
$ 3, 980.00 Dollar's. I was told to contact a Ron Clark at a long distance Number for further Instruction's or Clarification. Thank Goodness that I Cannot make No Long Distance Call's from my phone or I probably would Have called the number and then had a Long Distance bill to pay. My Letter Also was from Sun Tower 1550 Bedford Highway, Suite 410, Nova Scotia, B4A 1E6. A Friend of mine had just passed away and I was Deeply Down In The Dump's and Then to get a letter like this does kinda perk you up. So Shame on The Company and this Mr.Ron Clark and The VP Of Finance Venessa Robert for doing this to such Innocent people. The name's are probably Not Even your Real Name's. Why don't you get out and work for a living Instead of trying to scam other's and live off of Other's People's Hard Earned Money That They worked Hard For. I hope you get caught and spend A Long Time In Prison so that you can have time to think about what you are Doing to other's. I will be taking mine to my Police Department Too!.
 4th of Aug, 2008 by   Bob Artz 0 Votes
I recieved lottery scam letter 8-4-08. My first thought was, How did they get my name from an anonymous purchase of a lottery ticket? I notice the address and phone number have changed. Sun Tower, 1550 Bedford Highway, suite 410, Nova Scotia, B4A 1E6. # 1-905-781-3933. I plan to contact local law enforcement so the word can spread of this scam, and maybe someone will get caught.
 9th of Aug, 2008 by   Chris 0 Votes
They are STILL doing it!! My letter is dated July 1 ~ T.D.'s address is now Toronto Ontario and my check was drawn on Santee Cooper Credit Union (South Carolina) ~~ I will notify Santee Cooper in case they don't know about this ~ then I will turn the letter and check over to local law enforcement ~ OLD SAYINGS hold true... ... "If it's too good to be true, it is NOT true!"
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   jennifer 0 Votes
Today I also received the letter from TD financial inc saying that i was a winner in the lottery dated on June 1st. They started that I won 450, 000.00, and sent me a check of 3950.00. I called Larry Mckenzie and they said that I could deposit it into a checking account and to call him back three days later. They also said to pay a tax of 2, 700.00 as a money gram. Seeing that this was all too good to be true, I researched this TD financial inc on Google and found out that it was a scam and didn't deposit the check.
DO NOT GET FOOLED BY THE CHECK EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS "SOOO REAL"!
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   LR 0 Votes
I also received a check from TD financial. I moved out of my parents house almost 10 years ago, and am now married and living in a different city. My father called me today all excited that I must have just won $450, 000 and he described the check and all of the literature to me. It sounded too good to be true, but a little bit different than other such scams that I've heard of. I told him I wanted to do a google search for TD financial since I had never heard of it and didn't remember ever entering a Canadian lottery... sure enough all sorts of fraud websites came up with info on TD and their scam. My Dad is not simple guy, so if he was convinced it might be real, enough to call me up all excited, then I'm sure it's very convincing. I hope they all get thrown in jail for making people think that all their dreams may have just come true, especially in hard financial times like these!!!
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   susan 0 Votes
This so horrible, my mom also received this letter but just yesterday thank god that the bank was closed cuz she didn't heed my warning so I looked up on it and I found this site and many others claiming the same so hopefully these people will be stopped soon.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   Tyler 0 Votes
Absolutely...all of you are right. My mom called and asked me to look up TD Financial online. Thankfully this site came up. She even mentioned a watermark of some sort. She is taking the check to the police and hopefully they will pursue it.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Laura 0 Votes
I recived this today, dated August 19, 2008. The check is sooooo real...yet what tipped me off is the mis-spellings throughout their letter, as well as the fact that after cashing my check I need to send them money. Anyone who has seen a TV knows this is a scam, I have seen stories on this scam on 60 mintues, Dateline, 20/20, to name a few.
My check is for $3950.00 and they want $2700 to claim my $450, 000.

Does anyone know who I should complain to? Please let me know.

Thanks
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Jen 0 Votes
We just rec'd the same letter! This one told me to call Brian Smith at 905-598-5870. This just says that the mailbox is full. We also checked out the bank on the letter. First, they say that it is Washington Mutual with bogus zip code and there is not a Washington Mutual in Delaware. I will call the authorites on this also to make a report!! I will also make a post of my local news channels website.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Carroll 0 Votes
My elderly mother received this letter in the mail today. A check for almost $4, 000 was enclosed. I have the Power of Attorney over her finances and called about it and luckily found this on the Web to verify what I was thinking. A spanish speaking person Answered named Anita when I called...when questioned, she said her accent was French! Please!!!...The address on the letter, is different from all the rest of the comments that I have read. I do not understand the scam, accept that if the Bank cashes the check, and you send them tax money, they are money ahead because their checks are fraud. Is that the scam? Another RED flag to me was that she told me to leave the letter at home in a safe place, because someone at the bank might duplicate the winning numbers and she would not get the money. Unreal! So many people take advantage of people and especially elderly women that are widows. We have been dealing with this kind of garbage for over two years. Even our USA Senators and Congressman send her letters by the hundreds asking for MONEY fro ridiculous reasons that only she would beleive-others must believe it, too or they would not keep sending! Disgusting! There should be laws against it...a little hard when they are the ones making our laws!Thanks for this information, it was Confirmation that our thoughts were correct. We will contact our bank and law enforcement agents.
 6th of Sep, 2008 by   Sandra Daniel 0 Votes
I have to say these checks look great. I was all excited because I get into contests all the time. Someone has to win, and it might be me. But thank goodness my husband calmed me down and said check into it. It did take a little on line digging, but I found your page on google. It fit you too the T the $250, 000 sounded GREAT in the letter I to was to contact Susan Gibson at 1-905-781-3933 and give them my claim #0000000 SU What is with these people. They should be hunted down and put to work to pay back every penny they have stolen from anyone. The do not need money to live. Put them in Jail making plates or road signs or toilets to clean up and pay back all of the people they took
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   bti 0 Votes
i just got the samething today. contact susan gibson. But i don't see what the problem is they give 5k you send them 4k you must get 1k win win situation.
 10th of Sep, 2008 by   rex rose 0 Votes
received the letter and check same as everyone else here, the problem is even though the check looks good you deposit it in your account, if you rite a check against it, it will bounce! and if you wait for it to clear you will have a charge back from your bank for a bad check. so in the end it will cost you the service charge of the bank, thank goodness for this site . It confirmed my suspensions, and I will go down to my local PD today to fill out a complant
 10th of Sep, 2008 by   Nicholas Gomolka 0 Votes
I to have recieved the letter. I never win anything so knew right away to look into to it. It did take some time but, thanks to this site i found it to be a fruad. There is no return address which is what got me. A bank has pre-printed envelopes. If i take it to the police will it really help though. I am just glad for this site. At least i didn't loose money to learn my lessson. Thank you.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Clyde Trent 0 Votes
this is to bti, I called applied bank these people stole a check and are having these run it is not a legal check so you will not have a win win situation it is a lose lose situation, anyway this phone no. 1-416-837-2501 has just been givin to forsyth county sheriffs office

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees