Tata Sky

Posted:

Very very poor customer service!

4.6
I have shifted my residence and I sent a fax three days back to tata sky requesting for reinstallation of dish at my new residence. But till now no one has turned up, they even not bothered to call me at least. I have called their shitty call center thrice, they keep on telling "you will get a call from Bangalore office to fix up an appointment". But nothing happened so far. I have never seen this kind of ridiculous customer care. This is really bull s**t.
Complaint comments Comments (76) Complaint country India Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV

Comments

12th of Apr, 2007 by    +1 Votes
I've tata sky myself, my neighbors on my insistence took Tata Sky, but suddenly after using it 4 a few days they decided to change the location of the dish, since there were trees which would eventually grow & affect the signal for the dish. they called up tata sky, they got a call back on that particular day, the appointment was fixed the next day. The next day the mechanic called our neighbors 1 hr before coming, & they came right on time, & changed the location of the dish without any hesitation. They were happy!
 15th of Apr, 2007 by    +1 Votes
I am located at Bangalore.I ordered a Tata sky connection and the customer service engineer called to say he would come the next day at 11 a.m to install the equipment. We waited till 3 p.m the next day but he did not turn up. We went out in the evening and when we were back we found a note saying the engineer from Tata Sky had missed us . He arrived at 4.45 p.m for a 11 a.m appointment time. This is depths to which the service has fallen .The service engineer does not even bother to call and inform you.I spent a good 30 minutes trying to reach their helpdesk which is hopeless(I spent 5 minutes trying to reach someone;they put me on hold several times and disconnected me.I had to repeat the whole process of connecting back in and repeating my complaint.) They told me it would take another 72 hours before they could install it. This, for no fault of mine.When i protested and asked to be connected to their superior they hung up on me. For such shoddy service, they should refund the Rs. 1000/- which they charge us as installation fees and pay us for the negligent service they offer us. It is shocking that this kind of service is offered by a reputed house like Tata's. Heaven help us!!
 18th of Apr, 2007 by    +1 Votes
My remote control is under repair, complaint logged on 24.03.07 & almost daily followup is being made & till now i have not got my remote. Each time i call the customer care, nearly 2-3 officials speak with time gap of 5-10 minutes I have almost spent Rs 500-600/- for my call charges for past 20-25 days.

Customer care center is formed of all useless peoples with no powers at all. They are there just to trouble people out here.

This is the worst service I've ever seen!
 22nd of Jun, 2007 by    +1 Votes
I fully agree with you that tata sky is spoiling the reputation of the stable tata group including the image of the dynamic shri rattan tata. Being an ex employee of the tata group i simply feel disgusted that the customer care or the company dont even bother to acknowledge my sincere complaints leave alone solve them.

I pity the tata sky company who have chosen to just install but no service or customer care.

I only hope that this complaint reaches mr tata & his team at bombay house... Deepak Bahl
 23rd of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am tata sky user but i not happy in service - no english movie channels in tatasky, but dish tv is good.
 9th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
We purchased 1+2 connection in mid July'07. It is not yet 6 weeks and one remote needed replacement, one set top box has gone bonkers for which tatas insist upon Rs. 300/- as service charge. Two other remotes behave whimsical, two other set top boxes often hang, their service team behaves like Hitler and We feel cheated.

Beware!
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    +1 Votes
The service is of the worst quality and they are a bunch of liars. Last week I lodged a complaint regarding about not receiving the signal when it rains or even it starts to rain. Today when I called to enquire about my complaint , I was told that I have been given a call by the technical support team , but the fact is that I did not receive any call. I should have read all the blogs pertaining to the problems before I got hold of it, but I am stuck now......................................
 27th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Tata Sky - Very poor customer service
India

I took a Tata sky pack last month, for my second recharging the toll free number was engaged always, the rest all numbers are not toll free and its so funny thing is that the IVR have lot of other things to tell u b4 it reaches the recharging option and if u r lucky u may get a chance to enter ur big prepaid secret number, most probably u have to wait there...

In short my experience last month was I had to call four times(each time waiting for n number of mints) spending 100 rs in my mobile to recharge a 300 rupee prepaid card... I was fed up of this... and I took a local cable connection.. From next month most probably I will use the dish to dry cloths in my terrace :). Expensive dryer, think once more before taking any of TATA services... Most of them are use for a month and throw away...
 29th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Anybody going for a new TATA SKY connection, get in touch to get 1 month free subscription.

monaparesh@hotmail.com
 30th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have brought the TATA SKY connection on 13 th October by paying all the charges through credit card i.e (Digicomp+installation+activation+warranty) Total of Rs 3399 (2899+1000) but after 15 days my service was disconnected saying that i have to use the 16 digit number on recharge voucher given with the TATA SKY Package.

Firstly this has not been mentioned clearly anywhere on the TATA SKY website nor any customer care representative told me about this during purchase of TATA sky.

Secondly at the time of installation also engineer didn't handed over me the voucher which they say we have to use it for activation of TATA SKY service within 14 days of installation.

If I have paid all the amount in advance then why I need to have the recharge voucher again to activate my service.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have taken a TATA Sky on 1st Nov, For the past 9 days i am following up with the customer care for changing my pkg, very time i call th e Customer service they say we have registered your complaint and will call back... Nothing has happened so for... very worst customer service...

I never seen such a care less attitude of TATA of repute. Friends pl think before purchasing TATA sky...
 16th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Everymonth for recharge I need to buy coupen as I can not pay online. It seems there is some problem in site itself. I am not able to register it page never open.
 13th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I've ordered for TAta sky connection 3 days ago.. No response what so ever by the TAta officials.
 19th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Very poor Service

We had ordered for TATA sky about 10 days back and we are yet to get it installes. We have called up the customer care center atleast 15 times and not once have we been given a convincing answer. They dont even have proper escalation proceddures. There is no way you can escalate the issue to their superiors. You only end up talking to these representatives who do nothing apart from taking your calls.
I never expected this kind of an attitude from a reputed company like TATA.
 22nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am located at aligarh (UP) and my subscriber ID is 100022678, and we have purchased a 500 rs. coupon srno 170902457404 on 15th January 2008 and charged thru my mobile which is registered in TATA sky, after register thru mobile we got the sucess retruned message sucessfully, but till date there is the negative balance in my account and flashing 'PAYMENT REMIDER' i.e. Rs. -26.00,
 12th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I contacted TS for second connection as I have cable connection and my son who is residing with me has your connection at Eden Hall Dr A B Rd Worli Mumbai 400018.I specifically informed your representative that I have cabal connection but my wiring is conceal so if u send your representative to look and see weather it is possible for u to connect without breaking any of my fall ceiling and it was agreed but all of sudden box was sent to me and wanted money for the box without any knowledge of connection.

I request to send your representative to look and and then do the connection without breaking fall structure.

thanks

Laxmikant.
 20th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i recharge my tata sky. but i couldnt show anything.what i do?
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
You are right dear...

They providing Made in China Power adaptor N everybody knows about China make products quality. I was not lucky that it was work for long time. Tata is not able to maintain the stock of adaptor and now I am watching my black and white face in my TV.
They will arrange IPL matches when They have adaptor in Tata Sky stock.
 21st of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am a tatasky customer with subscription id:1000390888.Iam using your services uninterruptedly since last 2 years.Recently, for the last 10 days, we are not able to see any channel as the transmission is recvd in broken pieces or with lot of disruptions.Ihave recharged for Rs. 13oo/- two days back but it is not displayed.Kindly help to rectify this grave problem at the earliest.
Thanks.
 13th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
we are having a group houcing project of 1400 flats at bhiwadi with name hill View garden. of Thren home Developer pvt ltd. we would like to invite you to share the project if u are int in putting the your system. respected officer who deals in projects can contact on my e mail id . as we are in touch with dish tv too we want to have a best deal witj your organisation too. so hope for the best. for future relations.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree