logo

SuddenLink

Posted:    Marion

bad service

Suddenlink
suddenlink is horrible. They were supposed to come out at a certain time to install my services in which they didn't show up unitl almost 2 hours later. The packages are horrible and the you can't even accept collect phone calls on the phone that you pay for every month. I called about removing the block and they told me that it was permanent. I think I should determine if I wanted a block on my phone. I'm switching to another company..
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I ordered SuddenLink internet and phone service and made it VERY clear that I was about to have a baby and that whatever the service date was going to be, it needed to be reliable so it didn't leave me without a phone when I needed it most. I was ASSURED several times that the internet and phone would be installed on the same day. The installer arrived and made it perfectly clear it had little idea what he was doing being on the job for four days. He knew I expected phone service installed that day by the conversations we had as he installed the cable and decided NOT to tell me until he asked me to sign verifying installation that the phone would be ten days later. I called customer service and explained the situation and they let me know it's a problem they're having with their agents making promises, especially ones dealing with phone service, that can not possibly be completed. I was told I would receive a phone call and a rush on phone service due to my medical situation. Of course only one phone call came from a Jason, telling me that he didn't have any answers but he was SURE someone would call me back and fix the situation. No one called for days and the former cell plan I had expired leaving me with NO phone at all while waiting for SuddenLink. I still have no answers, no phone, but do have a newborn baby in a house with no access to 911. I would NEVER ever recommend. I will be getting phone service via another provider. Funny how that promise to refund my money if not completely satisfied was forgotten too. I am out the installation money, the first month of internet and phone. Someone made their commission and that's all SuddenLink seemed to care about.
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   Pete Abel 0 Votes
Mr. Suggs -- I'm with Suddenlink. I am sorry for your bad experience. I would like to help make things right. Please email me at pete.abel@suddenlink.com. I'm an SVP in the corporate office. More info on who I am here: http://www.suddenlink.com/about/executives/abel/.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   Pete Abel 0 Votes
I'm with Suddenlink Corp. HQ. More on me here: http://www.suddenlink.com/about/executives/abel/. While I can't help with the collect-calling matter you noted, I would like to determine if we can assist with the other issues you mentioned. You can contact me here: pete.abel@suddenlink.com. Thank you.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   tsac 0 Votes
SuddenLink, Stop spending all that money on advertising! Upgrade your infrastructure! Then advertise.

What the hell is this Abel?

Oh yeah, I'm loving my DSL from AT&T! It actually works!
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   Zaa 0 Votes
Just cancel Suddenlink after only four days of service. Technician showed up 2 1/2 hours late, At first they told me that I was signing up for 200 channels package...wrong up to 200 channels, I was only getting 72...then technician didn't install something right on my phone and had to come out two days later to fix it he was schedule for 6-8 pm came out at 1:25 saw my truck in the drive way and just drove off I saw him on my security camera. I called customer service at 8:45 and they told me that he was there and no one came to the door which he never knock on rang the bell. Then they wanted me to wait between 11-5 next Saturday for the same technician and I just had it and cancel the service. I never have had such of bad experience with any company in such of short amount of days. Never will recommend them to anyone.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   Suddenlink Help 0 Votes
Zaa,

My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your recent experience trying to get your new services installed. The experience you have described above is quite troublesome to hear. I would like to investigate this further to find out what may have transpired and prevent this type of situation from occuring again. If you would be willing, I would greatly appreciate a quick email with the name and address of the account you opened so I can look into these issues. My email address is tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Again, I am very sorry for this experience - and if you do ever consider our service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   Tacokisses 0 Votes
Pay $120/month for horrible service. After the digital conversion my channels have been scrambled and unwatchable half the time... Getting ripped off and need to drop them. Also, their mommies, daddies, uncles, grannnnnies commercial needs to go away. Most annoying commercial EVER! Stop making horrible commercials and fix your terrible service!
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   Jamiecrawford 0 Votes
I am also paying $130 a month for HORRIBLE service. From day one this company has been the worst. They did not hook something up right and my internet, cable and phone only worked for approximately half an hour before it went back out. I had to wait for another person to come out and fix it. We got tired of waiting so my husband figured out what was wrong and fixed it himself, even though we had to pay suddenlink for this service. Then, I have to call constantly because it seems like one of my services is always out. I just got off the phone with a guy that told me, he showed my internet was working fine. I told him I could assure him it was not and as I was talking to him, my phone service went out AGAIN. Thank God, my cell service is not with suddenlink. The last time I called in the person on the phone asked me for the last four of my SSN. When I gave it to him he said that was not the right answer, so I gave my husbands last four. I was told to try again, it's only my husband and I in the house, it had to be one or the other. I was told he could not help me because I did not have the proper last four of the SSN. I told him they must have put it in their system wrong because after 21 years in the Military, I think I know the last four of my SSN and my husbands SSN. I asked him how I get this problem fixed since I have to call in so much and I was told I have to go to the office and have it fixed. I have never had to deal with a company that has such horrible service and such horrible customer service. I would have canceled all my services with suddenlink but for whatever reason, my husband wants to keep suddenlink. But after tonight, either he cancels the service or our house is going to have two providers for everything because I am tired of calling to get my service fixed when I am paying so much. FRONTIER NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!
 31st of Dec, 2012 by   SDLshannon 0 Votes
Hi Jamiecrawford- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your services and would be happy to work with Senior Management in your area to resolve these issues for you. Please feel free to email me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

Skip Payment, Inflate Debt