logo

Rev. Leonard Bell
ILLEGAL REPRESENTATION AMONG MY PARTNERS
5. (24 mins ago)
Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell
Scam company requesting a $20 fee for an application to receive an award of $2,997,500.00

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

StreetDeal.sg Complaints & Reviews - Premium Membership SCAM

StreetDeal.sg Contacts & Informations

StreetDeal.sg

Posted: 2013-01-07 by    ranma2013

Premium Membership SCAM

StreetDeal's premium membership is SCAM! You have to pay S$9.9 every month for 10% off. But, you have to subscribe this membership for at least 6 months, if you early terminate, there will be a PENALTY fee S$54.6!

They said you already aggree with the T&C, but the T&C is very hard to find. In their advertise page of the premium membership, no word state the 6 months period and the early penalty fee. So don't greedy for small advantages.

For their deal, actually not good enough, even you have the additional 10% off, the price still not as good as the other deal site, last time I bought a gelish deal from them, I have to pay another S$20 for manicure! And the food deal also sucks, don't believe their pictures!
Comments Singapore E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jan, 2013 by   DK8 +1 Votes
I agree to your point. Actually I dint even realize while making the payment. My fault though.
But where did you find the cancellation clause of 54$. The point where my other email address got subscribed to it, I immediately unsubscribed from Premium Membership. So, right now I have already paid 9.9$ x 2. But i fear if I will be charged by 54$ for both my email address. Such terms and conditions should be mentioned in accentuating bold characters. 6 months subscription is not a small commitment. This is exploitation of customer's faith, and such catch are very difficult to find too.
 8th of Apr, 2013 by   Shar0n +1 Votes
strongly agreed! I kanna cheated too on the premium membership and their pedicure really cant make it.
 10th of Apr, 2013 by   Bepeaceful +1 Votes
Eventhough I made cancellation of premium membership since last two months. Until now, didn't get any sound from there. Because I did click wrongly and their reflection cutting from our account is very fast but retrun back is very slow until now I still didn't get yet.
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   myfoo +1 Votes
Beware of unethical tactics of Street Deal. I got tricked too and got my money back but no one compensated me for the massive credit card headaches and angst that this dishonest, greedy and no morals Street punk dealth to me. Disgraceful company.
 19th of Apr, 2013 by   User4987234 +1 Votes
Hi myfoo, can you please help me by guiding me along the steps to get your full refund of $99. I just checked my bank statement and realised I got scam recently too. My account for complaintsboard has just been approved but I'm not sure why I still can't login, hence I can't send u a message. Another others whom have successfully gotten back your full $99 please advice as well.
 20th of May, 2013 by   Lee Chee Wei +1 Votes
Unknowingly, I ended up paying monthly charges of $9.90!
 21st of May, 2013 by   Mdm Lee +1 Votes
I have gotten back three months subscription of $9.90 each. I am still waiting for them to refund my daughter the same amount. Try to send emails to get them to pay you back.
 3rd of Jun, 2013 by   walnut88 +1 Votes
Please call their customer service and demands a refund! I just did that and without explaning more they straight away asked for my details to refund! See! this is what we called SCAM
 26th of Jun, 2013 by   mellows +1 Votes
TO All STREETDEAL CUSTOMERS:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARDS !!!

OMG, Streetdeal deducts from my Citibank credit card every monthly since Mar 2013! ! !

I just checked my internet banking and realised $8 deducted without even me knowing! With that, I immediately blocked my credit card and change a new card number!
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   Angry Mom 10 0 Votes
I kana $99 charged to my credit card! Stupid Street deal! Please tell the whole world to boycott them!!!
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   sxia +1 Votes
i just realised that i have been similarly charged too! omg. a flat fee of $99. i cancelled the subscription, sent an email to them and called my bank. hopefully this streetdeal closes..
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by   notez2bme 0 Votes
Just cancelled my credit card and asked for a refund from streetdeal .
Bought an item worth less than $20 and was shocked that I was charged $99 more for premium membership.
The phone operator told me it was in the terms. I asked her was it in bold writing cause I sure didn't see it.
Who in their right mind would buy something so cheap and pay for a membership 5-6 times more than the item?
First and last time that i'll buy anything from them. Scam
 25th of Feb, 2014 by   Nikihs 0 Votes
i was just scammed too...only my 2nd purchase from them... first one being more than a year ago, so no such thing back then... what's worse, i bought a $3 voucher... and scammed $88...i was totally unaware of it... have already cancelled the membership and wrote to them... think i can get a refund? For $3, i lost $88... im speechless...
 9th of Apr, 2014 by   ruka 0 Votes
OMG. I just checked my posb acct and noticed that there was a deduction of 88 from streetdeal. I immediately called up my bank and enquire what is that for? Customer Service advised me that it was for Streetdeal Premium Membership! I didnt sign up any membership with them. I even didnt use the voucher i purchased from them last year and now they charging me 88? I decided to call streetdeal, no one's picking up the call. after a few tries, somebody answered. I demanded that they have to returned my monies or else i will file a complaint. So they said they will after 7-10 working days.
Beware Thats a Scam!
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   Roger Wang 0 Votes
I was charged S$88 for the premium membership after purchased an item from streetdeal.sg. I tried to call them many many times but nobody answered the call. So I wrote e-mail to them and was told no refund!

I just wonder how come this company can be cheating so many people for the last couple of years and has not been punished / banned by Singapore government?
 8th of May, 2014 by   10G 0 Votes
I purchased a voucher from Streetdeal.sg then starts from Feb 2014, it continuously deducts $35.18 from my credit card each month without any notice or consent from me! I did not realise that one purchased from its website will give it a chance to scam and con my money thru my credit card account!

This is totally ridiculers and totally unacceptable!

Just wondering why our Singapore Government is not doing anything to protect its own country people since so many of us has been conned by these scam company for so many years?

Tangy
 11th of May, 2014 by   10G 0 Votes
I refer to my complaint submitted on 9th May 2014.

Streetdeal did not charge the sum of $35.18 from my DBS credit card every month. But it did charge a sum of $88.00 from my UOB credit card! And, both of them appears to be belongs to Vertigo.com Pte Ltd!

They are really too much! I hope they get strike by thunder and knock down by car and die without a graveyard!

10G
 14th of May, 2014 by   10G 0 Votes
Hi everyone out there!

Guess I must have mized out informing everyone to beware of kate@nl.savethedeals.sg and support@savethedeals.sg. They are the same company as Streetdeals.sg! Its a scam!

So guys, PLEASE be careful when you go online and make your purchase. Do not sign up or subscribe to the company by the name of Vertigo.com Pte Ltd!

10G
 15th of May, 2014 by   Poseidon33 0 Votes
Gather more victims to file report at CAD. Attract more media attention

21st of May, 2014 by   jackkyip +1 Votes
Hi guys,

i also been charged the sgd88 membership from the streetdea.com. in the phone calls was told that they will refund money to me, but until now i cant see any amt bank in back to my bank. and there is no one will answer call.. what the hell.

im wondering how come this kind of company can do business in singapore and Government will not do anything. dissapointed.

Beware of Free Land Scam