Phone stopped working.

Nathaniel Abdullah
New York
Paid for LG phone and unlimited plan. 2 weeks later phone is not working. It keeps cutting on and off. Everytime I press send on incoming call, phone cuts off and then back on. Everytime I key in number to call, and then press send, phone cuts off and then back on. Have paid for service that I'm not receiving. This has been going on for 4 days now. Again, I already paid $45 for monthly unlimited.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful?

4th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

straighttalk.com - will not keep a charge & keypad gets hot
4228 park ave #3 71901
Hot Springs
Phone: 5207836

phone will not keep a charge. put a full charge on it & turn phone off for the night. when i turned phone on this morning the batteries had one bar. when i use the phone for a few min. the keypad becomes hot and can not be used at all. after a full charge the phone goes dead after a few min of use.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I can't get a phone number on my phone that I just purchase.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I can't get a new phone number.
 7th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

straighttalk.com - poorest service ever experianced

12th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
you need to call 18774302355, if its an LG they need to provide you a replacmenet phone! believe me! but they need to troubleshoot the phone chek in the battery if you have a withe pink or red sticket thats liquid damaged! if its pink or red they will give u an exchange!
 1st of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had similar problem, called support, got cut off 3 times each time had a new support person, had to explain over and over. I went to Wal-Mart and just returned the damn thing!
 17th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
i don't have a attitude with the phone company. one of the support person had told me to call back in the next too hours, and i said in the next two hours, and he said yes, so i said that will be at ten o clock, an he said yes. so i called back, an didn't get no answer. so i told my self that i will call back sunday while i am at work. thank you.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

StraightTalk.com - Overcharged my debit card & never sent my order
Straight Talk

I made a $64.96 purchase over the phone. They charged my debit card $64.96 X 4 times! They did not ship my order! After 5+ hours on phone, mostly on hold, multiple reps., no resolution. God help you if you need to talk to a supervisor. This can take hours... Could/would not credit my debit card, could/would not ship my order. So, I canceled my order. Per the phone & on line via email. Still no resolution. I guess I really showed them! NOT! Eating broken glass is more productive than doing business with this company. If you can get through to customer service, good luck, the reps are slow, speak broken english, and don't have the authority to resolve much of anything. All I wanted was an ok phone and an ok prepay plan. All I've received is $260.00 charged to my debit card, and a bad headache. This company is unable to follow up on anything. Slower than slow. the only thing they do quickly is take money off your debit card. Can't talk bad enough about this company. You get what u pay for, well, not really. I've paid alot, and haven't gotten anything!!! I'm very angry about this crap. Any advice you all have would be appreciated.

8th of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
That's just beyond horrible service. That's just theft, especially overcharges and not getting you the item.

Your best bet is through your card issuer. Tell them you need to do a chargeback due to fraud. They'll remove the charges especially since the company won't be able to show why the charges are legitimate (since you didn't get 4 phones and the charges were overpriced anyway). Note that if it's a bank card (i.e. a debit card that works like a CC) many banks have a system to let you report it just like a regular card. Otherwise, you'll be going through the bank which can range from just as easy to painful (if it's the later, change your bank!)

One of the better parts of using a credit card. If you had paid cash it would've been MUCH more complicated.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Thanks for the advice/info. I plan to do as you suggest. I really do appreciate the help.

Straight Talk Logo Straight Talk