logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
4. (1 hr 22 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
5. (1 hr 41 mins ago)

Posted:    davemac

Discontinued Service

Straight Talk Service
Michigan
My wife and I both purchased straight talk phones from Wal Mart, she purchased hers first and miine was a month later, my phone stopped working after 3 weeks, I took it back to Wal Mart and they exchanged it with no problem. The next day my wifes service on her phone was discontinued, we called straight talk and was told that we needed to fax the reciept for the air card that we purchased along with the serial number and IME for the phone. I took all of this info back to Wal Mart in hope that they would be able to help get this phone back online, we were able to fax the info that ST needed and we went home thinking that the matter was resolved, the next day I called them and they said that they recieved the fax and they had to relay it to the corporate offices and i should have a response within 24 to 48 hours, well after three day i still didnt have service or a response, I called ST back and after 1 hour on the phone they said that I didnt fax in a bar code label from the box for the phone that was purchased for my wife nearly 2 months before. I just quit trying and had to purchace another air time card for that month and put new minutes on my wifes phone. Straight Talks customer service is terrible, if you call with a problem expect to be on the phone for 2 hours and dont expect to talk to anybody that can speak english very well.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2010 by   karenmr 0 Votes
I bought three phones from straight talk, purchased three minutes cards..After a few weeks one of the phones was unworkable.. I then called straight talk and was told that the number to that phone, my phone had been transfered and I could not get it back.and in order to get the phone to work again I would need to purchase another minutes card even though my minutes card had two weeks left.. They recognized that it was them who had made the mistake but refused to turn the phone back on and return my minutes.. I was told this by two service representatives, the first one was very rude, second one was stern on not helping me, the supervisor told me the same but added that I am at the point of no return regarding my phone number and minutes.. His name was Jim, and refused to give his last name.. I do not ever wish to deal with these people again, mostly cuz they are rude and do not own up to their own mistake.. Luckely I explained the problem to walmart, they took the phones back, got credit.. I could not get credit for minutes not even the minutes that straight talk lost.. I warn people to stay away from straight talk, they are anything but straight..

Advice From 2000 - Your Credit Report